In Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia

BBB Accredited Business since 06/18/2012

Croxall Construction Company, LLC

06/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: First week of December, I complained about the crack between the wall and counter top. (Refer to pictures) February 1, counter top was splitting. (Refer to pictures) February 3, informed Croxall about problem. Company sent someone to fix it. But it was not fixed properly, because it was still split. (Refer to pictures) I then had a gentleman from ********* ********* to come and look at the problem. He said it was poorly constructed and that's when he told me it was out of square with the counter top. (Refer to pictures) He said to fix the problem, I would have to put in a new counter top. So we did. (refer to pictures) The cost was $550.00
***** *******

I am writing in response to Mr. *******'s request to be reimbursed by my company for work that he had performed by another cabinet company after we had completed our scope of work. We entered into a contract with Mr. ******* with a specific line item scope of work to be performed on an older home in need of renovation from the mid 1900's. We completed the work and received a call requesting us to review a gap between the back splash and the wall on the kitchen counter. In the review, it was concluded that the wall was out of plumb, due to settling, and it would require rebuilding the interior wall to accommodate the difference. We had adjusted to fit as closely as possible given the scope of work and reduced budget requested by the customer. He did not indicate that there was a concern about the sink being square. It is possible to have some play and adjust the position that a sink is in and we would have been happy to review.

In summary, 1)we made many concessions during the process to accommodate requests that were outside the scope of work at no charge; 2) There is an outstanding balance of $400.00 on the contract. Although it is not our policy to approve a client's expenses that we were not notified about, in light of his concern about the workmanship, I am only willing to write off the balance on his account.

Regards,
**** *******

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
1. In Mr. *******'s response, he stated that to fix the problem it would require rebuilding the interior wall to accommodate the difference. If that was true, why did the ********* ********* ******* fix the problem and they did not have to do anything to the wall. (see photos)
2. Mr. ******* had full knowledge of the withholding of the $400.00. He was supposed to have someone come on that Saturday to do the hardwood floors. Mr. ******* also knew of a time schedule that we were on. His person never showed up. We waited for over a week and then I hired **** ***** to do the floors. One week after that, Mr. ******* called to say his floor man would come that Saturday to do the floor. I informed him that the floor was already done. Mr. ******* apologized and said it was a miscommunication on his part. Mr. ******* has never asked for the $400.00. So why is Mr. ******* mentioning an outstanding balance now? He has not contacted us in any way nor has he asked for the money. It is only now since I filed the complaint that Mr. ******* has mentioned it.
My complaint is about the counter top with the split in it that Mr. ******* could not fix.
I have submitted photos and documentation and I believe that I have a strong case. Mr. ******* was paid for the counter top he could not fix. I had to hire another person to put in another counter top. (see photos)
I believe Mr. ******* should reimburse me for the second counter top.
***** *******

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Contractors-General, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Home Builders, Construction & Remodeling Services, Home Improvements- Additions, Home Improvements