BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/1980

H & S Roofing Co., Inc.

03/10/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

the owner came to my home, saw three places needing patching. said they fixed them yet when the rain came again I had a major leak over laundry and kitchen. they sent a person that just put a piece over the spot because we were still having heavy rain. said they would fix it when it stopped raining because we had a terrible year of rain. they never came back and now I have inside damage as well. I called many times, emailed and texted but they will not respond. this has now been 10 months and they now ignore my calls. I am sad because they told me it is a family business owned since 1939. I trusted them but have so much now to fix and pay for. I

I just want them to fix the portion of the roof that is still damaged and never fixed properly. it is by a boot on the roof above my kitchen and laundry. I have water pouring in on my stove when it rains. thank you. ***** *********

We contracted to make a repair, which is warranted for 60 days, to a low slope area June 6, 2015. On October 1, 2015 The customer said she was leaking in same area. We sent a technician to put a tarp on the area at no charge and to check his work from June. The new leak was actually not in the same spot as previous. The technician reported back that this was a new area that was leaking and since the warranty was only month of so expired, We scheduled to work on the area of the new leak even though we fixed the first area. In the mean time, another roofing company went to this house and made an attempt to fix the roof for the customer. Two and one half months later, the customer called again, having a leak. We made an emergency repair to the area at no charge in case it was from our repair. February 29, 2016 we were told by the customer that the same area repaired by the other roofing company still leaked. We have repaired that area March 2, at no charge. We apologize to the customer that she has had issues with the repairs. It turns out the other roofing company, who assured us the area had been fixed, had not fixed the problem. We ask that should our customer experience any other roof issues, she call our office immediately for a repair evaluation.

06/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The roof was improperly installed and then improperly repaired. New leaks appeared in the last two months, along with other issues.
H&S installed a new roof for me a couple years ago. The roof and accessories (flashing, etc.) were not installed right and several trips had to be made to make repairs. The flashing had blown off in several areas. Due to the flashing being shoved under the siding, I'd lost pieces of siding. The aluminum trim had been damaged and had to be replaced. The main issue was a new leak in the foyer and garage. Unknown to me, the repair that was done by causing further damage to my siding. This was discovered when a home inspection was done a short time back. The area that was supposedly repaired still shows signs of fresh leaking during heavy rains. In addition, two new leaks appeared earlier this year. I also discovered tar seepage from the shingles on the garage roof. That would happen when the film that protects the tar strips isn't removed, as was the case in several areas when my roof was installed.

The tech that "repaired" the leak in the foyer told me that the crew that did my roof improperly installed the flashing, resulting in water pouring behind the siding and into my home. The area that tech repaired still shows signs of leaking during heavy storms. I'd like the shingles and siding in that area entirely removed, so it can be examined for damage. I'd like any damaged repaired and new flashing and new shingles to be installed.

The areas with new leaks are in valleys, where sections of the roof join. Since these shouldn't be leaking and may have damage to the plywood/osb, I'd like the shingles in those areas removed, the plywood/OSB examined for damage and the shingles replaced.

In the areas where the tar has produced bubbles from under the shingles, I'd like the shingles in those areas replaced.

My roof was not properly installed from the beginning, the repairs required after the shoddy work were also shoddy and need to be fixed in such a way where my roof can be used as an example of quality workmanship.

We have attempted to contact the custom to arrange a meeting so that we can see the areas of concern. We have had no calls or other communication from this customer in 2 years and were unaware he was having any problems. We plan to investigate as quickly as the customer can meet us. If the issues are due to any workmanship problems, they will be resolved swiftly. If due to storm damage or preexisting structural problems, we will happily propose a solution for the issue(s) as well.

Roofing Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Roof Restoration Services, Contractors - Gutters, Gutters & Downspouts