Strong Arm Movers

Phone: (704) 605-1283 (Disconnected)

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

04/03/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Company did not turn up on the moving date and cheated 600 dollars.
I booked this company for my moving from charlotte on 02/01/2014. They came to my house on 01/24/2014 for inspection. They gave a signed contract paper and received cash amount of 600$ from me. They didn't turn up on the moving date and cheated us. I called them so many times. They simply didn't pick up. Looks like they have already cheated many people.

i want my 600$ back as my service was not fullfilled.

02/13/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Strong Arm Movers did not show up or refund money
I was to have a move on Monday, January 27th. The movers were to arrive between the hours of 2-3. ******* ******* claimed the movers were stuck at an earlier move and the truck could not be provided. She then asked if I could rent a truck and the movers come to me. I placed over a 100 calls and countless texts to this woman. She came earlier in the day to collect my cash payment for the services. She then stated they could arrive the next morning at 8:30 AM and move me in the truck I rented. I began calling her at 7:30 AM and texting her. She then stated the movers had shown up and I was not there. They could came back between 12-2!!! This company is CRIMINAL and should not be allowed to do business. THEY ARE NOT LICENSED OR INSURED AND THEY ARE RIP OFFS!!! Don't use them!!

$180

11/25/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Strong Arm Movers did not honor their contract and stole money.
On Tuesday 22Oct13 at 12pm, I signed a contract and paid Strong Arm Movers (******* and ******* ************)to load my 12 foot pod that day. I paid for 2 men for 2 hrs. The movers NEVER showed! After several phone calls and texts to ******* and *******, they finally responded via phone call at 8pm that night that they could send the movers on Wednesday. Only 1 mover showed up, 2 hrs late. She packed what she could and moved all that she could carry onto my driveway and waited for the 2nd mover to show. ******* and ******* never sent the second person and would not honor their contract. They would not answer my phone calls or texts. ******* threatened me via text and would not refund my money. DO NOT HIRE these people. They are dishonest and fraudulent

I am due a refund of 182.00. They never honored the contract of 2 people for 2 hrs to load my pod. I did pay for packing but I am due the entire moving fee since they did not do any moving or loading.

10/16/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I signed a contract for services to be completed and services never was completed nor have I head from this company to reconcile this situation.
On Monday September 23rd I met with Strong Arm Movers to look at what merchandise I need to move. I signed a contract and payed for two hours of services at Signing. The date the contract was late they were roughly two hours late. Moving date was that following Wednesday at 6pm. I didn't close on my house that date so I called and ask if I could move it back a day. They stated no problem. Which was Thursday We kept the same time but the next day. When I closed on my home I text them to confirm moving of my furniture and they stated that they was stuck with another customer. I called them after that text and the gentlman told me that it was his word that he would move me the following day. Which would be Friday. No problem since they move there date for me. I could return the favor. On Friday I called to confirm the date and Ms. ******* stated that she would call me back. She texted me back stating that they were booked and that it would not be to Sunday before my things would be moved. I informed her that would not work for me and that I need to have it done by Saturday at the latest or I needed my money back. After several calls and texts. I never heard anything back from this company.

I seeking a full refund of $180.00 because no services was rendered..

09/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Called the company on 7/11/13. I spoke to the owner, Ms. ******* & explained I needed movers to come on 7/12/12. I explained that my husband & I were separating so it was a rather uncomfortable situation and needed to be finished in time to get to my storage unit before the office closed that day at 5:45pm & before my husband came home at 6pm. She assured me that would be fine, she & the movers would be at the apartment by 11am, the agreed time per the contract. They did not arrive until 12:30 but no actual movers, just to do walk through. I was very distressed, but she calmed me down & said they wouldn't be long. But I was so frantic & upset that I went ahead & stupidly paid, I put faith in her that they were honest. I had no choice, I was due to leave town the following day, so I could not use an alternate moving company. I then asked "will my things be ok, how will they move everything so quickly without damage?" Was assured things would be fine. I waited & waited, no movers came. I called many, many times with no response from Ms. *******. I finally received a call hours later stating they had a problem, would have to hire another truck. I was an absolute wreck. She completely ignored me. They finally arrived. Items went missing, the frame to our bed was completely damaged along with other items because the movers had barely enough time to get everything on the truck before the unit closed. I was then told over the phone by the owner I had to pay for another hour or they would keep my bed or some other item if I didn't pay. I told her I didn't think that was fair since it wasn't my fault they were late & she threatened me. My mother called and Ms. ******* also threatened her.Ms. ******* then drove to the storage unit to demand payment. She arrived with a large man & also had the two male movers on her side. I felt very scared & intimidated. I finally called the police but was told this was a civil matter & there was nothing they could do. I had to pay another $65.
Product_Or_Service: Moving
Account_Number: ****

I would like a refund of the extra $65 I had to pay. I would also like compensation of damaged and missing items. They did not hold up their end of the agreement, I would like to receive payment of $180 that I paid initially since the services were not delivered as promised.

I have now removed everything out of storage unit these movers moved in, they have also stolen my tv.

Movers