Palmetto Marble & Granite

03/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

bought a black majestic granite counter-top from this company. White stain is on the granite and the company will not repair, or check the granite.
This Company installed a granite counter-top on an island in my kitchen. The granite is a black majestic. I was told by the company that this is one of the toughest granite and did not even need sealer. There are few white stains on the counter, I contacted the company and did everything they told me to remove the stain, but the stain did not come out. I called the company several times, they told me they will come and check the granite, but never came. I called them after that and they are not answering my calls. Black Majestic is not suppose to get stains this easy. I was told by some friends that it is possible that the granite is not Black Majestic and Something else was installed. The company assured me that the product is Black Majestic and they will not do something like that to me. I do not doubt the company and hope that the product is what they told me, but they are ignoring my calls and have not done anything to resolve the problem. Please help.

I want the company to verify that the product is what they told me, Black Majestic.I would like for them to remove the stain and take steps to avoid this from happening again. They are not responding to my calls and lied to me when they told me they will come to check the granite and never came.

Dear BBB,
I want the general pubic to know our side of the story. **** bought the piece of granite as a remnant. The contract clearly states that the granite does not carry any type of warranty. Several months after the installation of his island **** called and wanted us to make a service call. I stated that we would be glad to make a service call and the charge would be $200.00 for us to send a man and a truck out to his home. He did not want to pay the additional monies. **** wanted us to make a visit with out a charge. After these discussion I decided it was better to end the many phone calls.
***** *******
Palmetto Marble & Granite

The owner called me and came to my home to inspect the granite. We set aside our differences and came to a mutual agreement. Thank you for addressing this complain. The owner apologized for not.been able to inspect the. G ranite befor because of the overload and offer to replace the granite. I refused the offer to replace the granite as it would have been unreasonable to replace the granite for that small issue. The owner tried to remove the stain but we did not.know what is the stain. He verified the piece is a real black majestic and I decided ti learn to leave with the stain. Thank you you can close the case.

Marble & Granite Installation, Stonework Fabrication, Marble - Natural, Marble - Cultured, Baths, Kitchen Cabinets & Equipment - Household, Countertops, Cabinets, Granite, Bathtubs & Sinks - Repair & Refinish, Bathroom Remodeling - Walk-In Tubs, Bathroom Remodeling, Home Improvements, Contractors-Marble, Kitchen & Bath Design, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling