BBB Accredited Business since 02/22/2006

Sloan Financial Group, Inc.

03/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure to follow thru on retirement fund rollover to ********.No contract since early November
Several phone calls have not been returned. We signed over a form for $11K to be rolled into ******** fund. Several months later there is no sign of a contract and my husband and I have no idea where our money is.

Call me to let us know where our money is!!! And make it disposable to us.

Our office processed everything on this case as it should have been.
10/29/2014 - Application for account and transfer forms for ********* were signed. Check was to be mailed to *************.
10/30/2014- Forms were faxed to *******.
10/30/2014- Rec'd confirmation from ******* that the case was in suitability for review.
11/03/2014- Rec'd notice from ******* that an additional review was needed.
11/12/2014- ******* requested another copy of Agent Report. We sent this on the same day.
11/14/2014- We rec'd notice that a suitability review was needed again. We reminded them that this had already been completed.
12/05/2014 - We rec'd notice that suitability review had been approved.
12/07/2014- Client brought us the check from ********* that was dated 12/01/2014.
12/08/2014- Check was sent to *******.
12/09/2014- ******* confirmed delivery of check.
12/18/2014- We rec'd another request for the agent report (for the third time). We let them know that we had sent it twice already but we sent it a third time to be safe.

CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS- During the holidays our office as well as the companies that we deal with were operating with 50% staff. There was a lot of "phone tag" during this time.

01/05/2015 - Called ******* to find out why we had not rec'd the policy. Was told that it was on the way.
01/12/2015 - Called ******* again about the policy and was told that it was on the way.
01/19/2015- Called ******* again to find out where the policy was. They apologized and said that it was on the way.
01/26/2015- Called AGAIN and was told it was on the way.
02/02/2015- Called AGAIN and was told that this was due to an I.T. problem that were trying to resolve. The policy would be on the way ASAP.
02/06/2015- Due to problems at Time Warner our phones were down the entire day and were not restored until 02/07/2015.
02/07/2015- While at a tax conference I rec'd an email from ************** stating that we had not returned her phone calls. I did not see this email until 02/10/2015 because I was in class everyday.
02/10/2015- When I saw the email I called my office. ****** said that she had talked with ************** on 02/09/2015. ***** had already called one of the managers at ******* prior to **************'s calling us and had this manager to "hand" walk this through for us. She said that it was hung up in their electronic system. This explains the numerous requests for the agent report. We had never experienced this with ******* before. I then emailed ************** and conveyed what I was told and explained about our phones being down. I asked her who had not returned her phone calls and explained that this is not how we do business. I did not get a reply to my email.
02/12/2015- I returned to work after the tax conference. The policy had come in and Lori had set an appointment on 02/24/2015 for me to go over the policy with ***** **************.
02/24/2015- ************* came to the appt. alone. He said that ************** was not feeling well. I went over the policy with him and gave him the information on our scholarship program for *****************.

Everything on our end was done in a timely manner. We have no control over an insurance company's operations. I don't know what else we could have done from our end. We felt helpless ourselves. We had never experienced anything like this before. As for **************'s phone calls not being returned; I still don't know who she was calling and who was not returning her calls. We searched our phone log for her calls and only found the call on 02/09/2015. She may have been calling on 02/06/2015 when our phones were down and was frustrated. Our phone log could not record any calls on 02/06/2015.

We have been in business for over 30 years and this is the first BBB Complaint that we have received.

Insurance Companies, Financial Services, Insurance - Property, Insurance - Long Term Care, Insurance - Life, Insurance - Health, Financial Planning Consultants