Oakmont Home Builders

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/26/2014Problems with Product / Service
09/12/2014Problems with Product / Service
10/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I closed on a new home 10/2. I was given keys to the house. The keys do not fit the house. I still dont have keys after many attempts one week later!

I contracted on a new home to be built by Oakmont Home Builders on Lot 25 in the community of ******************************. I had a preliminary walkthrough with the construction supervisor on 9/23, and had a punch list of items to be fixed in the house prior to closing. The supervisor *** told me that he would get the work completed, and then he would call me to schedule a final walkthrough to confirm the items on the punch list were completed. I did not recieve a call from ***. I went to the closing anyway on 10/2 expecting the items to be fixed.
At closing, the closing attorney gave me two different sets of keys for the home. He stated taht he didnt know why there were two different sets of keys, but that was the instructions that he was given by Oakmont Home Builders. My closing was the last closing of the day, and I did not leave the attorney's office until after 5:00pm. I drive to my new house that I had just purchased in Kannapolis, but none of the keys would fit the locks. A neighbor saw that I was having trouble, and offered to call *** the construction supervisor since he had his cell number. There was no answer. A voice message was left.
A subcontractor construction crew was still working in a house in the neighborhood. One of the workers was nice enough to open my door with his pass ****** have contacted ***** ****** the builder representative taht wrote the contract for the home, about needing the keys to my house. My real estate agent has contacted ***** ***** several times by phone and by text with no satisfactory result. My real estate agent also called Oakmont Home Builders office & spoke to ******* ****** My agent ******* ******* stated that ******* told him that someone would be contacting me immediately. I did get one call. That person said someone else would be contacting me to take care of my locks & keys. I have not recieved another call.

I closed on my house a week ago, and I still do not have keys to my home!!!

I want the keys to my house, and I want the punch list items fixed immediately.

Complaint received via mail 10/17/14. Followed up with superintendent and was advised that vendor has replaced the locks and has provided the homeowner with the proper keys. The superintendent stated that he will follow up with the homeowner today concerning the punchlist items.

10/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

There is water damage on a baseboard by an exterior door. After filing proper warranty paperwork, 5 months later it still hasn't been repaired.
In December of 2013, we purchased a home from Oakmont Home Builders.

In March of 2014, I noticed a mysterious puddle of water about a foot from the back door and 5 inches from the baseboard. There was standing water in our backyard, but I could not tell how the water had gotten inside, or where the puddle had come from.

About a month later there was visible water damage on our baseboard starting from the back door and continuing about a foot. After calling Oakmont, I was told to fill out the warranty request form. I did so on April 24, 2014. By May 13, 2014 I had not heard from anyone and had to send an email stating such.

About a week later I received a phone call. I called the individual back within 24 hours and did not hear back from him for a week. This pattern continued for a couple of months, until I referred the matter to my husband. It was not until mid July that anyone came out to look at our baseboard.

When they finally came out, they saw the problem. Remarked that the door installed was faulty, and placed a bead of caulk to help prevent further leaking. No one contacted us or came back to replace the damaged base board, drywall, or the faulty door.

During a rain storm on September 16, 2014 there was a large amount of water seeping in from the back door/baseboard area. Now there is even more water damage to our home.

We took pictures and have contacted Oakmont Homes again. This problem should have been resolved months ago.

We would like the area damaged by water to be completely repaired, including but not limited to: baseboard, back door, drywall, and proper water drainage near the foundation of our home.

On the day that the email was received from the homeowner the superintendent stated that he called homeowner to follow up and left a voicemail message. He stated that the subcontractors for the repair of the back door and backyard light were made aware of the homeowners request and asked them to contact the homeowner to schedule repair. On September 23, I verified that the electrical contractor has scheduled a repair appointment with the homeowner for September 24. I also spoke with the door vendor who stated that he called the homeowner September 23 and left a voicemail asking for a return call to schedule repair appointment.

We have been contacted by the contractor. They left a voicemail. I promptly called back. I was placed on hold for over 5 min and not gotten back to. I tried calling several times after that, and there was no answer and no way to leave a voicemail. After calling oakmont to explain the situation. I was called on Monday 9/29. I was unable to return the call during business hours, so I called early Tuesday.

As of now, no repair has been done to resolve the water leak or the damage.

After receiving your request today, I have reached out to the vendor to see what the status of the repair is. The last communication I received from them they stated that they left voicemails for the homeowner but have not received any return phone calls. I will respond again when I am contacted by the vendor.

07/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My house was built by this company about 16 months ago. I'm having problem with mold build up around the crown molding near the back door. They had a service man come out tho fix the problem about 6 weeks ago. The mold returned a week later. I've tried to contact the company and they keep giving me the run around . I just wanted my my house fixed the way it should be. This a show of poor workmanship on their part. I'm not going to pay for a home that has a health problem in it.

I just want them to fix what is under the warranty of a new house.

Contacted the vendor who initially completed the repair. He indicated that they responded to the repair request 5/23/14 and adjusted the door. Contacted the superintendent and he states there may have been some miscommunication. He says his records show he left messages for the homeowner but never received a return call. Asked superintendent to follow up with homeowner in order to resolve this matter. Superintendent has spoken with the homeowner and advised him that he has contacted the vendor and instructed them to reinspect the back door and surrounding areas to determine the cause of the damage and how to adequately repair it.

08/14/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Oakmont Home Builders has neglected to properly fix the silt fence of their property under constructed beside my home. Only fix offered was wrong.
I have had to contact the builder twice about the silt fencing for the property next to mine. The first time I called I actually had to request they install a silt fence as the project manager didn't even know it wasn't installed. They did install it though, but they cut off of the drainage system that allows the water from properties above mine. This week the construction workers onsite broke a two and a half foot section in the fencing and I had to call a second time for a fix.

On Thursday 7/25/2013 a fix was put in place but it was inadequate as with the heavy rain on Saturday 7/27/2013 we now have a 1/4 of my yard full of mud and water. This needs to be corrected promptly.

Replace the fence and if necessary replace the grass in the yard.

This matter was being addressed prior to receiving the complaint and has already been addressed with additional silt fence, etc.

11/23/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

My home was under warranty with the builder for 1 year-multiple work request was submitted under warranty terms within year and never completed.
I closed on my new home on December 28, 2013. We have a builders warranty for 1 year for them to come out and fix issues we have to the home. Some of the issues we initially saw were drainage problem in the back yard, crumbled concrete in the drive way and possible leak inside the wall in the downstairs powder room. I issued an online service request per the direction of **** the Warranty Specialist with Oakmont Homes on 6.24.2014 at 3:21 pm. She emailed me back immediately and informed me that the superintendent **** would schedule an appointment to look at the issues. I spoke with **** and we had set up an appt for June 27, 2014 at 11 o'clock. **** never showed to that appt but we re-scheduled for him to come out. **** came out to look at my concerns and assured me he would get someone on them. **** had a plumber come out and look at the leak in the powder room which appeared to come from the sink, he stated it was a screw loose and tightened. However, after he tightened the screw, the leak appeared to be getting worse. Water was coming down the sheetrock and there was water damage on the baseboards (I have pictures to show). **** replaced part of the baseboard (directly under the sink) with a plastic one and told me he thought the leak was from washing hands. I expressed my concerns extensively with **** regarding the Powder room. He could not determine the cause of the leak- he took a guess and continue to state it was water dripping down the wall from the sink from washing hands (however he had never seen anything like this before). The only issue resolved to this point was the crumbled concrete in the driveway. I had attempted to contact **** in July and August. I spoke with her extensively in August 2014 to express my concerns to her, she assured me that she would have someone come back out to take a look at the issues I was having. After my conversation with ****, my work order and additional concerns to the house were not addressed. On 11/3/2014 I sent **** a detailed email listing the old and new issues we saw with the house. I called **** with Oakmont Homes and the recording stated it was now *********. I left several messages. I could not reach **** nor **** by phone. I then went online and completed a service request with ********* on 11/14/2014. ****** ********** representing *** came out to look at my concerns along with new issues we had found while working with ****- we noticed the spare bedroom interior door was put in incorrectly and damaged, the garage door was not working properly and there was still an issue with a leak in the powder room. ****** was able to start the process of someone coming out to fix the yard (from the original request). ********* came out and replaced the door, however ********* indicated they do not paint or re-sand, ********* are responsible for that. The garage door was fixed. ****** looked at the bathroom and indicated that he thought the leak was from washing hands like **** (previous superintendent stated). I disagreed and he indicated that he could open up the closet wall adjacent to the powder room to see if he can see any leaks in the wall. He never came back nor answered any of my calls regarding the follow up with the bedroom door and powder room leak. In March 2015- I attempted to put in another service request to follow up with the items that were never resolved. The request was assigned to **** *** but I have not heard from anyone with *********. I have also left several messages with no return call. 11-20-15 I noticed the leak has come through the wall to the closet adjacent to the powder room and the baseboard that was not replaced in the powder room is showing water damage.

I would like for Oakmont/********* to come out and assess the issues that was addressed within my warranty period properly. I would like for someone with experience to come out and properly fix those issues and honor the warranty agreement. Specifically, I would like for the the leak in my powder room to be fixed along with any water damage that occurred due to this leak that could have been avoided had the issue been addressed correctly when I placed my original work order request in June 2014. In addition, re-sand and paint the spare bedroom door. I want all my work order issues resolved.

03/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

FAILURE TO HONOR COMMITMENTS ON REPAIRS AND CAME OUT NEED A VERY POOR JOB AND STILL NOT COMPLETE. SOLD COMPANY TO LGI HOMES WITHOUT NOTIFYING CUSTOMER
PURCHASE HOME MAY 2014. SEND OUT REPAIR GUY TO DO ALL AND CLAIMS THAT HE WILL RETURN AND NEVER RETURN. HE HAD DID THE YARD AND AFTER EACH RAIN GROUND STARTS SINKING IN WASHING AWAY DIRT AND STRAW. REPLACED DOORS AND NEVER RETURN TO PAINT. LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN HAVE SMALL INDENTS IN FLOORING. CLAIMS FROM NEW COMPANY NOTHING THEY CAN DO. PAINT IS CHIPPING OFF WALLS AND CABINETS CHANGING COLORS. MASTER SHOWER EDGES ARE TURNING DARK.

GET THE GROUNDS, SHOWER, FLOORS AND DOORS UP TO PAR

01/02/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I filed a service complaint after living in my new home for 30 days. Other than a short email acknowledgement, 5 months have passed. No other response
I moved into a new home built by Oakmont Homes on June 27,2014. I was given complaint forms during my walk through to list any problems. One for was for complaints after my first 30 days in the home and one form is for after 1 year in the home. I faxed my first complaint form for problems found after living in my home for 30 days. I received a cursory email from Oakmont stating that someone would contact me to address my claims. Well, 5 months have gone by and I have yet to get anyone to respond to my calls or emails.

I want Oakmont home builders to send someone out to my new home to investigate my claims and honor my warranty.

Home Builders