Bellamy Homes

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

11/20/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

5 items were reviewed by Frank himself, along with an outside company to be evaluated. No response from Bellamy for 3-4 months.
4 items to be repaired as promised...
1) Leak in bedroom #1 on left upstairs,
2) Fireplace has not worked since closing,
3) Logitudinal crack in master bath above shower,
4) Major cracking of driveway, structure engineer evaluated and noted failure to grade and pour properly,
5) Major cracking of front patio porch,

1 more issue is that the sodding has never adhered to the ground. I have spent over $3,000 to try and repair it since day one and the only other option is to replace it completely by adding 2-4 in of rich soil below it...
The top 5 are more important but this one should be addressed also...

I have made more than 10 attempts to contact the company with no response, the phones do not work and the emails do not work...

I want then items completely fixed/replaced no later than October 31st...If no repairs can be done then I am requesting $40,000 USD compensation and I will complete them personally.

Below is a timeline of events since this customer initially requested warranty service. Bellamy Homes has already done a 10 month inspection with this customer. The customer closed in October of 2011. We still decided to go out and help him and make sure any items were resolved and that includes myself the owner and a third party company I hired to help. The homeowner did not call me after I went out and after our warranty company went out to ask why the items had not been taken care of. He just sent in a complaint. I actually called the customer today the 11th of November and he said he would call back in an hour but did not. Below is a list and timeline of events that have taken place since the request in the beginning. The customer and I started talking on the 16 of July this year, a year and a half after he was in. Pretty much all of the items he requested to be fixed are not even warrantable items but we said we would fix them anyway if they were requested in the beginning and never addressed. Then not too long after, he started to add to the list once our warranty company went out. Every time this customer has an issue he makes threats and usually its legal or the BBB. Thank You!

September 4th 2013,

- ***** sent Remedics List of customer service doc & Bellamy subcontractor List.

o List for *****

§ ***** *****- I already had one of the three items on his list done. There are two small items left I believe. His number is ************. His email is *****************.com and his address is ********************. in ******** community.

§ ***** sent more info when I asked what were the three items: had a piece of baseboard in a bedroom that swelled due to what looked like water damage. Cannot find water source and said would be happy with a sand down and re paint. Items two was the fireplace would not start up. Probably something simple.

September 13th 2013

- Called homeowner to schedule and left Voicemail

September 17th, 2013

- ****** inspected

o Listed three items ( Fireplace not working; Front right leak; & Masterbath crack in ceiling)

September 19th 2013

- Contacted trades to service

o Fireside: fireplace (Due to COE: 11/2011 no longer warrantable. Service is $125) Sent to ***** for approval to send out trade (***** cc'd on email)

o Alpha-Omega for water intrusion... possible missing J-Channel

o *****- inquiring if the drywall crack was warrantable since the house closed in 11/2011. Also since not on list provided originally by *****

September 24th, 2013

- Service Call came in over weekend while website was down, and ***** sent over via email.

o Homeowner still waiting on trades to contact him. Also noticed that the driveway is now separated in the middle and the separation is chipping away and breaking away. Homeowner had contractors look at it, and it is not covered under the 1-2-10 nor homeowners insurance. Homeowner requested for contractor to come out & remove existing, re-grade yard and repour driveway.

October 17, 2013

- Sent email to get updates

o Alpha-Omega on water intrusion (***** cc'd on email)

o ***** concerning PO needed for Fireside so they can go do the work. ***** called and said Remedics did not need to wait on him for an answer just go out and do it and email purchasing@bellamy with the bill. He said for the future request to send him emails so he can respond either approve or deny.

o ***** Responded to email denying drywall repairs

October 30th, 2013

- Trying to contact homeowner, but ***** is in Canada and cell phone wasn't working. Got Wife's cell to coordinate the trades to get work completed.

- Told homeowner Fireside and Alpha will be in contact & that drywall repairs have been denied via *****.

- Received email from Homeowner saying thank you for contacting him via email, and not sure why his phone is not working in Canada. Informed Remedics that BBB Claim has been made on Bellamy Homes. Stating that ***** personally agreed to have the repairs completed. He also added "Separation of driveway, grading not completed correctly, & excessive cracking at front porch" to the list

November 7th, 2013

- Homeowner emailed Remedics stating he has not heard from anyone about work to be completed at his home. Also Told Remedics that He is very close to beginning a lawsuit against company if not all concerns are addressed.

- Alpha called: They didn't have records of them performing work on this home. The request for them to provide this service would have to be a charge and that they would be happy to provide a proposal and then schedule. They need lot# for this home as their system is easier to search with this information?

- As requested, Remedics fwd all emails to ***** in response to BBB claim

November 8th 2013

- Fireside scheduled to make the repairs needed on Fireplace.

November 10th2013

- ***** sent email stating Alpha not trade for siding; that **** ******* was the trade.

November 11, 2013

- ***** requested a summary that helps him respond to the BBB. He HAS to respond today to them. All emails sent to him are great but he doen't have time to read every email. He needs a summary of what has happened since He handed Remedics the three issues He gave Remedics at the start. That would make things much easier for him.

- Sent summary (timeline)

03/21/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Warranty issues not being addressed.
I sent warranty issues to Bellamy homes on 12/26/13. Bellamy no longer contracts out to Remedics for warranty repairs as of 2014. I've been in contact with ***** ******. Mr. ****** has stated his project manager will handle warranty issues and will be I contact with me, this was stated 2/03/14.

I want warranty repairs accomplished on my home in a timely matter. This is a legal agreement between Bellamy Homes and me and needs to be addressed.

03/21/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have tried to contact ***** numerous times with no answer or returned phone calls. Need to have many problems in my home fixed. Inside and out.
Water issues under the home. Dry wall issues. Kitchen cabinets pulling off the wall. Cracked driveway. Grading issues with landscaping. Then home was finished 11/4/12.

Fix the problems!

02/23/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bellamy hasn't fixed workmanship defects identified at walk-through -1 yr. warranty. President has not kept us informed & won't give plan of action.
11/7/13 ******************** (out-sourced by Bellamy) - warranty inspection.
11/18 - 1ST Floor/Molding Inspection
11/22 - 2nd floor inspection - ******, subcontractor, ********.
12/3 Emailed Bellamy President asking for status - Threatened legal action if workmanships issues were not addressed within one yr time frame, (closed 12/18/12). NO RESPONSE
12/12/13 - Our 2nd request to ************ for inspection report & photos, cc Pres. Threatened seek legal assistance.
12/13 - ************ finally emailed inspection report. Said we would be hearing from all subs except one to address insulation since they were waiting for info from Bellamy.
Wk 12/16/13 - person employed temp part time by Bellamy came to inspect. Told us he would resolve all issues & to call him if we heard from any other subs.
12/20/13 - HVAC Co adjusted airflow. Noted 1st floor staircase to basement is cold because door is a regular door and it is not insulated.
12/23/13 - We called PT person to follow up on status. He advised nothing would happen until after holidays.
1/3/14 - PT person put silicone on the kitchen counter/backsplash caulking. Also attempted to fix the leak at the basement exterior door. Did not work.
1/3/14 - "Certified Inspector", & person from ******** inspected floors & moldings.
1/21/2014 We called PT person to follow up. He indicated he knows nothing & Bellamy Pres, doesn't return his calls.
1/21/2014 We called ****** at ******** - voice mailbox was full. Could not leave a message.
1/21/2014 Emailed ***** at ********************, & Bellamy President. Indicated we had not heard a word since the Jan 3 inspection. Wanted action or we would seek a construction attorney.
1/21/2014 -************ emailed and advised they are no longer associated with Bellamy Homes!
1/21/2014 -I forwarded that to President and he responded we could call him if we like.
1/22/2014 - We emailed Presdident advising him " It is your legal responsibility, as the builder, to honor the warranty. " We indicated he should have notified us that ******************** was no longer involved. Wrote that a call FROM him would be appropriate! Indicated our attorney would be contacting him otherwise.
NO RESPONSE FROM *****, President
1/26/2014 Emailed President rank, advising him of our attorney appointment the afternoon of 1/27/14. Asked him to send an email, in advance of our meeting, with his plans for completion of the warranty work. Invited him to call if that was preferable.
1/26/2014 President responded that we could call him. He also provided a brief statement about the floors but it was not clear to us what it meant. ***** wrote:
"As far as flooring goes Bellamy Homes subs out all it's work. Thus when there is an issue we will have that company check on the situation. We will follow up as we have done to make sure their reports and findings are fair and accurate"
1/26/2014 We emailed, asking for a clarification of that statement.
We asked:
"Are you saying that you do not know what the sub determined, but you will find out & get back to us?" NO RESPONSE FROM PRESIDENT
1/27/2014 We emailed again, asking for the clarification. NO RESPONSE FROM PRESIDENT
1/27/2014 We called ******** to follow up but they were surprised we had not heard. Said they'd check & get back to us....have not heard.
ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED: STATUS
1 Due for HVAC service from ******** and check air flow balance - NOT SATISFIED
2 Hardwood Floors very wavy thoughout: master, kitchen, office, front room, etc. Wood not acclimated. - NONE
3 Baseboard & Shoe Mold off walls throughout NONE
4 Nail pops, incl chair rail, and paint touch up - master toilet and throughout house NONE
5 Drywall seam in living area NONE
6 Downstairs exit - water leaks under door DID NOT WORK
7 Door downstairs not insulated (leading to stairwell) NONE
8 Crack in Driveway; Crack Basement floor NONE
9 Garage Door - interior above door not painted; exterior need caulking -NONE

We want all workmanship problems to be corrected satisfactorily and in a timely fashion.

02/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bellamy Homes built our home last year. We closed on the house September 1st 2013. At our final walkthrough we learned that they had installed an all electric heat pump when we were supposed to have gas heat. We purchased and paid for a large gas tank and had it installed and filled because of this. A repair list was made and included replacing our unit with a dual fuel system. It has been five months and after many phone calls made to them about this, they still have not installed our duel fuel system. To make matters worse my wife and I received notices in the mail telling us that the heating company(****************) that installed the existing units, have now placed a lien on our house because Bellamy never paid them for the work that was done or the units that was installed. When we called Bellamy they said that they were in court with that company now because they think that it is the heating company's fault that the wrong unit was installed. I told them that I disagreed since the foreman in charge of the construction of our house did not even know that we were supposed to have gas heat. The gas lines were not ran for the units and the venting on the roof was never put in place for the gas heat.

I want my dual fuel system installed as promised. I also want the lien removed from my house since Bellamy is responsible for the debt. The cost of the work and unit was included in the purchase price of our house when we bought it. We have already paid Bellamy for it, they need to pay ****************.

Home Builders