BBB Accredited Business since 05/30/2007

MTB Mechanical, Inc.

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

07/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Initial attempt to fix the problem lead to further damage due to lack of urgency on MTB Mechanical's part.
Since MTB Mechanical installed the AC/Heating system in our new house (build in 2013), I decided to sign-up for the "Priority Comfort Agreement" with a cost of $237.00 per year. One of the benefits is that it puts the customer on a "Priority Service Guarantee". Well not so, my initial call in for service appointment and their attempt to repair the AC unit was on July 5th. I was told that I needed a TXV valve and it was going to cost $789.00 which I agreed to proceed with the repair. Two or three days later I noticed that the system was not cooling again. I called and a second repairman came over and told me that I probably got a bad TXV valve. Since this was Friday evening it was too late to order the part and that I would receive a call on Monday, July 11th to schedule a repair. I asked if there was any possibility of something else going bad if I keep the unit on with a bad TXV valve and he said NO (I asked a couple times and he assured me). Well I never got a call on Monday and I called back on Saturday, July 16th and was told that since it was the weekend they couldn't do anything and that I would get a call on Monday, July 18th. I waited and call back on Monday and was put on the schedule to replace the TXV valve on Tuesday, July 19th. Well after a few minutes the repairman told me that I now needed an "Evaporating Cooling Unit" because it was leaking oil. The cause was due to the fact the AC unit was running for 10 days non-stop with a bad TXV valve. The pressure had to go somewhere and it damaged the ECU. So much for their bullet point number 5 - "Priority Service Guarantee", what does MTB Mechanical think GUARANTEE means? Due to their lack of urgency, I had to pay an additional $546.00 to repair the unit - unbelievable. I called several time to talk to a manager and was told that they were busy and that they would return my call - never received a call back.

Again due to the lack of urgency and I was told that their was no risk of other parts of the unit damaging because of a bad TXV valve, I am respectfully requesting a refund of the $546.00 I paid due to their lack of customer service even if I am on their so call "Priority Comfort Agreement". It's an agreement I pay for and it stipulates "Priority Service Guarantee".

We have reviewed the service history of Mr. ******** and understand his concern. We regret the delay in replacing his TXV might possibly have resulted in the additional part failure. We will promptly refund the amount in question.

Thank you and I agree to the refund from MTB Mechanical in the amount of $546.00.

07/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Inability to correct leak in system.
Charging for addition of R410A when they didn't fix the leak.
7/2/15 leak search, add R410 $776.00
8/4/15 system freezing. leak search no charge.
1/11/16 service call no issues found
5/1/16 system freezing. leak search, add R410 $676.00
6/20/16 system freezing. leak search add R410A $366.00
6/23/16 performed free isolation leak search no charge. Quote to fix $1,650.00.

6/23/16 I asked to speak to a supervisor. They have still not called me back as of 6/24/16 11:38 am.

They aren't fixing the leaks and we were told by one technician that the pipe going under the house was no problem, it looked great. He said the problem was with the outside unit.

The tech that came out on 6/23 said that the outside unit was fine and there were problems inside and with the pipe going under the house.

We are being charged a lot of money for repairs that are not being done properly and being charged for the freon (R410A) because they aren't fixing the leaks.

5/1/16 invoice $676.00 refund.
6/20/16 invoice $366.00 refund.

MTB service technicians performed the necessary repairs to the HVAC system and it is functioning properly. Follow-up phone calls to the homeowners have verified that they are indeed satisfied with the repairs and the service they received. If you need any additional information or details, please let us know.

We received the check to reimburse us for the prior two invoices.
This complaint is resolved to our satisfaction.
MTB did a great job taking care of the issues.

A check was mailed to Ms ******* on 7/7/16 via US Mail.

10/14/2016Problems with Product / Service
11/04/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were sold extra parts and services that were not needed and taken advantage of by the salesperson/technician.
We had an MTB tech come out this Spring to service our AC unit for preventative maintenance, our system worked fine at the time. At the end of the service call we were told there was $1200 worth of parts and labor needed, a new thermostat was installed we didn't need and all our parts were under warranty, the tech could be heard in our backyard saying he needed more sales and that he was going to get some here thus making it clear we were being taken advantage of. This company is deceptive.

We would like to be refunded at least for the cost of thermostat because it was definitely not needed. That total cost was $300.

This complaint pertains to a service call we ran on 3-19-15 and we have no record of customer concerns or complaints since that time.

Our technician was there to perform routine maintenance on the A/C system where he found refrigerant pressures and temperatures indicating a faulty expansion valve, we have documentation of all system stats recorded while on site to substantiate this. He also found that the first floor thermostat would not send a signal to the outdoor unit to run indicating a faulty thermostat.

The expansion valve itself was under parts warranty, but labor and additional materials to install it were not covered. The customer was presented with our findings along with pricing for all work, we were given authorization to proceed and to also add a drain line safety accessory. The work was completed the same day and we collected the quoted amount.

On 6-15-15 the homeowner called us back out with an A/C problem where we found the new expansion valve had failed. We replaced the valve immediately at no charge, still no mention of distrust or dissatisfaction with MTB. In fact this complaint to the BBB in October is the first notice we have had of any issues or concerns.

It seems odd that if a technician was overheard by a homeowner expressing the intent to take advantage of them to increase their sales that the homeowner would wait more than seven months to mention it.

05/11/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

My roof leaking from MTB Heating vent pipe since August-2014, a new construction home, they refuse to come out and fix it.
They came out few times and now they refused to come out again and my roof is still leaking. I still have warranty.

I like to have they to fix it. Stop leaking, that's all I want from them.

We have never refused to go out to this customer's house, in fact, we are at his home today. His flue pipe is leaking, we have replaced the flue pipe previously trying to correct the problem. The builder and roofer are also helping to get the issue corrected. It is an extremely slow drip so when we have made attempts to fix, we do not know if has solved the problem until we have a blowing rain. After it continued to leak after the last "fix" we advised the homeowner we were going to order a flue pipe that is not a standard stock item for us and that it would be special ordered. We did that this week, the pipe came in and we are there to replace it today. We all hope that this will solve the problem but we do not know till we try. If it does not work then we will continue to work with the builder and roofer to get the issue resolved. We have installed thousands of homes using the the original flue pipe that we used on this home and have never had a problem. Everyone has been attentive to this homeowner's complaints and everyone is trying to address the issue.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems