Complaint Bought a couch and chair from this company had it 3 month already falling apart. Call customer service just get hassle. Can not get anyone to respond to me. My furniture is 3 months old said i had a year at customer service.
Desired Settlement I want replacement furniture! Furniture already making popping sounds and spring sticking you in ****.
Business' Initial Response I apologize for your recent experience with one of our tenants. Since we house multiple showrooms and outlets in one location, could you please provide me with the name of the specific showroom where you made your purchase in addition to the name of the specific sofa/chair manufacturer you referenced above? I would need this information in order to contact the manager or owner of that specific showroom to find out more details about your actual purchase. If you could provide me with this information, I would be happy to contact the showroom directly in order to expedite a satisfactory resolution........Thanks, ******
Complaint I purchased furniture from Rowe at the Hickory Furniture Mart in March 2012 that is defective. The company will not honor the warranty nor respond. I'll keep this complaint as concise as possible.
I ordered a set of furniture from Rowe that consisted of a sofa, chair-and-a-half, and an ottoman. These were custom pieces that I ordered in March of 2012 and were not delivered until August. There is a full, one-year warranty with these pieces and I am having issues and I cannot get anyone from Rowe to even call me back. I paid almost $3,000 for the set.
1) The color of the sofa is correct but the weave of the fabric is not even close to the swatch. There is a considerable color change when the nap changes direction, the fibers are far apart, it looks like velvet that has been wet and dried like that. My other Rowe couch is 12 years old (that I have still not sold) of the same fabric, different color. Still looks like the day that I bought it. There is no doubt in my mind that it's a completely different fabric from the swatch. This fabric is going to look horribly aged in a year, much less 12. Very, very poor quality.
2) The seats are rock-hard. I gave it some time to "settle" and figured the seats had to be over-filled initially. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable and have little to no give when you sit down. They feel like an ultra-firm mattress when you sit down or lay down on it. This is not even close to the super-soft feel of the one on display. Horribly lumpy and uncomfortable. I sat on several of the sofas in the showroom...every one of them more comfortable than mine by a mile.
3) The back....I understand is down-filled, but the pillows have this "crunch" sound. My other couch is down-filled..I never remember it making any noise.
4) There is an audible squeak whenever you sit down on the right side of the sofa. I weigh 140 lbs and my daughter weighs 52. My child does not jump on the furniture and my only animal weighs 3 lbs and doesn't get on the sofa. My other 12-year old couch that has been moved 4 times...no squeaking. This started about a month after I had the sofa.
5) Ottoman is uneven across the top and has a noticable "dip" in the middle. It was like this the day it arrived and I attributed it to normal misshaping with the way it may have had to be cushioned when it was transported and thought it may "spring back" even. It never did.
My first Rowe sofa looked and felt luxurious from the day I bought it...which is why I purchased another Rowe set. I thought that this was a reputable company, but it doesn't appear to be so.
My only option is to call where I purchased the furniture at Hickory Furniture Mart at Rowe, as Rowe Furniture Company does not appear to have contact information on their website and two emails that I have sent through their website have yielded zero response.
At this time, I am willing to accept the following remedies:
1) Rowe can remake the set with a full-warranty...however, I want to see the swatch from the bolt that the fabric is made from (this is possible with this company). I suspect mills were changed and that is why the swatch isn't even close.
2) Rowe can refund 50% of my purchase price and be done with it.
Desired Settlement 1) Rowe can remake the set with a full-warranty...however, I want to see the swatch from the bolt that the fabric is made from (this is possible with this company). I suspect mills were changed and that is why the swatch isn't even close.
2) Rowe can refund 50% of my purchase price and be done with it.
Business' Initial Response My apologies for the late response on our part. I did not receive any of the BBB notification emails and did not know about the customer filing a complaint with your office until I received a personal call from xxxx xxxxx, Dispute Resolution Specialist on Wednesday, December 19th. We are addressing this with our IT department so we are able to receive future complaints in a timely manner. I did let xxxxx know that this particular customer did personally make contact with me last week. She explained everything as indicated in her complaint. I did contact a decision maker at our retail showroom that carries Rowe Furniture. They told me that they have had two different sales individuals speak with her and both asked her to send serial number information and actual photos of the sofa to show any damage or perceived defect. I also asked the customer to send these photos to me so I could attempt to expedite resolution as well on my end. To date neither the showroom or myself have received any photos or emails from the customer. Manufacturers require these photos before they proceed with trying to resolve any damage/defect complaints. At this point we are not able to proceed until we receive the requested information from the customer. At that point the manufacturer will be able to look at the issues and give the retailer a response as to how they can proceed. The manufacturer usually prefers to deal diretly with the retail showroom who sold the furniture to the customer instead of dealing with the customer direct. I am also happy to help in any way once the information needed by the manufacturer is received by the customer.
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Southern Piedmont/Charlotte, NC. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
BBB did not receive a response from business
BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
BBB cannot process complaint
This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
Customer Review Experience
5 points per review
3 points per review
1 point per review
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business. Details
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.