BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1978

Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaner

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

08/04/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor (possibly incomplete) service and lack of responsiveness by company to my complaint.
We'd scheduled a whole house cleaning (tile, wood, carpets) as well as an air duct/filter cleaning. Despite scheduling it 3 weeks out, I was called the morning of the cleaning to be informed that the floor cleaning & duct cleaning couldn't be done at the same time (makes sense but nothing online indicated that was the case nor did I appreciate the last second call to inform me of it - they'd had 3 weeks!!!).

Moreover, the work done (or not done) was horrendous - the carpets were done well so no complaints there but there was zero evidence that the wood floors or tile had been cleaned. There was significant dust and debris on the floors such that even running a dry paper towel over the floor would have left a trail (i.e. impossible to have cleaned at all and have the floors look like that after).

When I called to complain about it, was given the number for the manager which I then found out was just the general number so they had to search for the manager's name (***) to try to connect me. He wasn't available so went to his voicemail where I left a message with my name, number, & address and that I wanted him to come out & see the floors so I could get a refund (as I wasn't planning on having them "clean" again).

A week passed with no response so I called again and once again he was unavailable (on the phone at that time apparently) so left a message with all my info & stressing that I wanted to be called back ASAP.

Another week passed with no response so I instigated a dispute on the charge with the credit card company and that finally lead to him calling me late on a Friday. I was on another call so it went to voicemail and when I called back to try to talk to him first thing on the following Monday morning, it again went to voicemail and I, not surprisingly, still haven't heard back from him.

I'd used Stanley Steemer in the past and was happy with their service but am beyond unimpressed with the Charlotte office and their level of customer service and will not be using them again.

Total bill was $1,235 of which $918 was tied to the work for the wood & tile floors. Since it didn't appear any cleaning was actually done and since no one would respond to my inquiries/complaints (numerous attempts), I believe a full refund of the $918 is in order. Especially since I doubt I would have gotten any response from them had I not initiated the dispute on the charge with my credit card company.

I spoke to ********** today and discussed his concerns. Stanley Steemer is going to re-clean all of his hardwood floors on Saturday, August 29, 2015.

05/29/2015Problems with Product / Service
11/22/2013Problems with Product / Service
09/04/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/09/2014Problems with Product / Service

Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery and Rug Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Water Damage Restoration, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Carpet-Water & Smoke Damage Restoration, Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Hardwood Floor Maintenance