BBB Accredited Business since 05/21/2014

My Carpet Cleaner

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/09/2015Problems with Product / Service
11/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My Carpet Cleaner was to provide us with a carpet cleaning service. The tech did a horrible job,we called manager and nothing was done about it.
I want to say around October 18, we called My Carpet Cleaner to have our carpet cleaned and we set up an appoint after they quoted us a certain price.
They sent a Tech out around 2 p.m. and he came in to clean our carpet. When the tech first came in he stated that there were a few stains he would not be able to clean. Well after a little under an hour or maybe an hour, he said he was done and when I asked him about the stains on the carpet he said that he could not get them out and that was the best he could do.
We paid for the service and after the tech left, my wife came home and said it looks like someone just wet the carpet with water and left. We called the office and after informing the manager concerning our issue, he finally agreed to send another etch to our home to redo the carpet but charge us an extra fee. He was not very helpful, he did not see the work but yet tried to dispute with us and claim they had the best equipment and solution around.
The next day, the same tech showed up to our house which a new one was suppose to come. He comes in and acknowledges the carpet does not look clean. He proceeds to tell us that they have three different type of cleanings, none of which we were never ever made aware before or after the complaint. We never received an option of which one was available. So now he tells us there are three different cleanings they do, one with just water, another with a light strength of the cleaning solution, and the ultimate clean solution with full strength. This is not mentioned on their website or during the phone call when setting the appoint. We were just told a price and time. He then tell us that had he used the ultimate cleaning solution, he would have gotten pretty much every stain out.
we informed him this information was never told to us and it is not on the website. They advertise they have the best equipment and cleaning solution. We told him we were not paying extra for him to redo the carpet because it was never done properly. he steps outside to speak with his boss for about 20 minutes. He comes back in with a solution to shows us a test spot and then he proceeds to try and tell us our carpet is wore out and pretty much need replacement and it cannot come clean. I showed him where I just use a simple cleaner to remove dirt from a high traffic area he said would not come clean. he acknowledge it did come clean.
he did a test spot with his supposing ultimate strength cleaning solution and wiped it with a cloth and said see, it's still dirty. We had him go get the wand he used to clean the carpet and steam the area with their equipment and the stain came up with little effort. we did another bigger area and same result, stain came up. He still said that it was our carpet and there was nothing he could do, our carpet is just wore down and not kept up. After a long conversation back and forth, he said we can get another company to re-clean the carpet and if they do better we would receive a full refund of our money according to their policy.
As he was getting ready to leave, we called him in and showed him the spot, he stated was just going to be dirty again once it dried and we showed him it was still clean and he acknowledged that it was clean and the stain completely gone. he told us he would call his boss and have him call us so we could receive a portion of our money back. He called his boss but we never received a phone call or any money back.
We hired another company and they came out and removed every stain from our carpet and it was back to it's original look, fluffy and light colored. No one ever contacted us from the company again.
We were lied to concerning the condition of our carpet as if it would never come clean.

We want a full refund of our money of $160 according to their policy as was stated to us if we were to hire another company and they clean it, we would receive a full refund.

we have contacted the customer and requested a copy of the paid receipt.

Yes the company owner contacted us concerning the issue as he stated. We did exactly what he asked and he said he would issue us a refund. we sent three copies of the receipt via email and he has not responded to us yet. It has been a little over a week now. Yes we are still looking for him to refund us the total amount of 160.00 as was stated to us for having someone else clean our carpet.
We plan on trying to contact the company owner again concerning the claim.

We will give the customer a full $160 credit for a carpet cleaning.

06/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Carpet cleaning was not done thoroughly and the service tech rushed through a 2200 sq ft. home in 1 hour.
The service tech just rushed through the house and did not make an effort to use some extra effort to clean some stains in the carpeting like other carpet cleaners have done. They did not walk us through after cleaning for us to see if there were any spots left that needed extra work. It appeared they were in too much of a hurry to leave after being 2 hours late. There were supposed to be here about 8am and when they didn't show up by about 8:30am, I had to call them. Additionally, the carpets were saturated when they left and it appeared they did not try to get up any excess water. Even with windows open and ceiling fans running, it took all day to dry and the stairs until Sunday evening. I was also quoted a price of $228 over the phone but was charged $243 and I thoroughly described all the rooms to the person on the phone. I am stils finding stains in the carpet they did not bother to pre-treat or work on to remove the stain. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate their service a 6 and do not think they deserve an A rating from BBB. All the furniture was moved out of the areas to be cleaned and one couch was on casters so it was easy to slide out of the way. Our Bissell steam cleaner does a better job on stains than these service techs did.

I believe that the original price of $228.00 should have been honored as they did not do $243.00 worth of work in my home and would like the difference of $15.00 to compensate for having to redo some areas of the carpeting. I will never use or recommend this company to anyone.

I am sorry that you are unhappy. We have spoke to the technician and advised him to slow down when cleaning a home. We invest a lot in our truck-mount units and use the best products. our direct drive unit is unlike a basic truck mount. it gives more heat and a stronger vacuum suction. when you see a carpet cleaner spend more time in you home that does not mean that the carpet is getting cleaner but that he is trying to remove the water that he put in the carpet because his unit has a poor vacuum suction and he does not want it to take days to dry. the result comes from the products used and we use six different brands to make sure when we leave no other company can come in and do better. we do not charge more for this it is all included. 3 are in the pre-spray and the rest is in the truck mount system.

I also spoke to him about the time but please understand that we email every customer to notify them that there is a two hour window the only reason we do that is because we never know what to expect when going into a home. our goal is to be at every home on time but sometime people ad thing and is hard to say no.

We would love to have a chance to do your home in the future and to do that we are going to credit your account one free areas with and four area minimum cleaning so you will get six for the price of four. we will also send you a check in the mail for the $15.00 you were changed.

Additionally, I never received an e-mail advising that they would be 2 hours late nor did I remember them asking for my e-mail address. My e-mails do come in on my cellphone so I would have been aware of their e-mail. I had to call to find out where they were. Very dissatisfied.

Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Upholstery and Rug Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Odor Neutralizer, Mold & Mildew Remediation, Upholstery Cleaning, Water Damage Restoration, Hardwood Floor Maintenance