BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 08/23/2012
Carolina Car Care
Phone: (704) 821-1790Fax: (704) 821-1793
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||2|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|10/03/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint: Brought 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee in to shop for routine inspection om 6/29/2013. Was told I would need to get new tires which I was expecting and had to replace the rear brake pads and rotors. I noticed that there was a squeaking noise when I hit the brakes on the way home, but figured it could require a few days to break in. The squealing never subsided and when I had a chance to bring my car back in I was told my rotors were shot. Their explanation was that some "dirt" had gotten between the pads and rotors and had worn the rotors down. They also claimed that they had never replaced the rotors during the previous visit. The invoice shows that the labor performed included rotors, but there were no parts costs listed for rotors. So, he may be right about that, but it then they misrepresented the service performed during the first visit.The main issue is that my brakes didn't squeal before I took my car into the shop, and have ever since. Now my rotors are apparently bad. There is no way dirt or any other type of containment caused them to wear like this. It is obvious that they never performed the service correctly in the first place.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
|08/09/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
Auto Repair & Service, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Truck Repair & Service, Transmissions - Automobile, Tire Repair, Radiators - Automotive, Brake Service, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto - Emissions Testing, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair & Service - Diesel, Auto Electric Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Air Conditioning
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Southern Piedmont/Charlotte, NC. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Carolina Car Care is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on April 2, 2012.
Industry Tips for Auto Repair & ServiceKnow the Facts about Auto Service Contracts
The Hail Season is Here
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.