BBB Accredited Business since 05/23/2012

Elizabeth's Purdy Trucks

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

11/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have bought my car back to Elizabeth Purdy Trucks going on three times now and the issue has yet to be rectified.
On September 19, 2015, I purchased a 2003 Toyota Avalon. On October 5, 2015 I dropped off the car to Elizabeth Purdy trucks due to a leak issue I was having. Two days later I got the car back and was told that the issue was resolved. On October 26, 2015, I had to bring the car back to the dealership for the same issue as well as an electrical issue causing for my taillights to not work. My steering wheel was making a noise every time I turned the wheel. I got the car back on October 28, 2015 stating that all the issues were resolved. On November 1, 2015, the steering wheel noise came back and the leak issue is still occurring. Every time it rains the driver side floor gets drenched. I've said this to the service and sales manager each time I bought the car back. The second time I bought the car, I told them to please call me only when everything was rectified because I couldn't continue to pay for cabs to work every time they had the car. I called on November 2nd and was told to call back again on the 3rd. I called on the 3rd and spoke to the service manager and all he could tell me was that I would have to bring the car back in for servicing. Which would make it the 3rd time. I asked about a loaner car because at this point this is becoming more and more of an inconvenience. I was told I could only have the loaner car during the day. Which wouldn't benefit me being that I work from 8-5 and the dealership doesn't open until 9am. I pretty much would be without a car. I asked how many days would they have my car and they said they didn't know because they didn't know where to look for the leak. I was told that I could call whoever I wanted to but that wouldn't speed up the process. I asked how did a car pass an inspection with the amount of issues I've had within a month and a half. I was told that it thoroughly passed with no problems. I found it out to believe when I had to replace a tire because of the tire being damaged on a car that was just sitting in a lot. The last time I bought my car to Elizabeth's, after the two days I was told that my car was ready. When I got to the dealership my car was at the mechanic shop which I had to follow a sales man to go pick up. The sales man didn't even wait for me to check and make sure everything was ok. He sped off before I could even unlock my doors. The level of professional is at an all time low with this company.

I would like for a full refund of my deposit, payments that were made on the car and for the company to take the car back as well as void out the loan from *****************. I would like to take my business elsewhere.

************************ purchased a 2003 Toyota Avalon from us on September 19, 2015 and at that time there were no issues with this vehicle. We take pride in our vehicles, so all we ask is that the customer bring the vehicle to our lot so that we can get it to the shop for repair. We use an outside repair shop and they too stand behind their work. The vehicle was in the shop on 10/12/15 and 10/28/15 and both times I paid for the repairs as a good will gesture. We do not provide overnight loaners to customers because our insurance company does not cover that.

The first time I bought the car back was on Oct 9, 2015 not October 12. The car was returned back to me on October 12. During this time I had to pay to get to and from work because I was unable to get a rental from the dealership. The second time I bought the car to the dealership they had it for approximately 3 days to be rectify one of the numerous problems I was having with the car. There was no way for me to know if the car had any issues as far as electrical issues, which I encountered, no way for me to know if there was a leak until it rained, another issue which I encountered nor was I able to remove the tire to see the numerous lumps on the tire that was making the car off balance. I had to go to Discount tires to replace the tire and have all 4 tires balanced. The issue im having now with the leak, I was told they would not know how long they could have my car for. I depend on my car to get me to and from work. Having a loaner car for just during the day doesn't help me as far as getting to and from work. On top of paying for my car note, I would have to pay for transportation to and from work. This is just simply unacceptable.

As I explained to the dealership. I can't afford to be without a car for however long it will take for them to fix the issue. I would need a loaner car. I have car insurance that can be used as opposed to theirs. But like I told them several times, I can't afford to pay a car note on top of transportation expenses to and from work.

Spoke with customer on November 18, 2015 trying to schedule an appointment to get water leak repaired. We are at this time waiting for a response from the customer.

07/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

purchased a 2006 Nissan Altima from Elizabeth's prudy trucks. The car is a lemon and will not pass inspection this coming year.
OCTOBER 2014 PURCHASED 2006 FROM ELIZAETH'S. CAR BEGAN TO BURN/LEAK OIL REALLY FAST & THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WOULD STAY ON FOR A FEW WEEKS THEN GO OFF, AFTER HAVING THE CAR FOR 90 DAYS. IN JANUARY 2015 I CALLED ********* AND SPOKE WITH HER ABOUT THE ISSUE. SHE THEN CONNECTED ME WITH THE MACHANIC AND ADVISED ME TO BRING IN THE CAR TO BE LOOKED AT. I WAS UNABLE TO KEEP ARRANGEMENTS DO TO THE BAD WINTER WEATHER THE AREA WAS HAVING DURING THE MONTH OF JANUARY. WHEN ABLE TO SCHEDULE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT THEY WERE WILLING TO SCHEDULE BUT WHEN I ASK ABOUT THEM FIXING ISSUES THAT WERE WRONG WITH THE CAR BEFORE I PURCAHSED IT. ** THEN TOLD ME THEY WOULD HELP ME GET A LOAN TO FIX THE VEHICLE WARRANTY PURCHASED AT THE TIME OF SALE. WHEN THE CAR STARTED HAVING SO MANY PROBLEMS I TOOK THE CAR TOOK BE EVALUATED FOR DIGIGNOSTIC THE CAR HAS A CATALYIC CONVERTER ISSUE, SKIPS IN 3RD GEAR FOR TRANSMISSION ISSUE, CAR HAS MISSFIRE SPARKS PLUGS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED, I HAVE REPLACED ONE ROUTER BUT ALL OTHERS NEEDS REPLACING, I CHANGED THE FRONT BRAKES TWICE, FRIST TIME THE FIRST 60 DAYS OF HAVING CAR, AND CHANGED THE BACK BRAKES ON CAR AFTER HAVING TO REPLACE FRONT BRAKES. THE O2 SENSOR IS ALSO BAD IN THE CAR AND ALSO HAS AN SUSPENSION PROBLEM CAR NEEDS SHOCKS AND STRUTS. I HAVE ONLY HAD THE CAR NINE 7 MONTHS. I HAVE KEEP THE OIL CHANGED AS MUCH AS I COULD BECAUSE THERES NEVER ANY OIL IN THE CAR ITS ALWAYS IN THE VALUES WHERE ITS LEAKING FROM REAR OF ENGINE. BASICALLY THE CAR IS A LEMON AND ALL I ASKED THE COMPANY TO DO WAS FIXED THE ISSUES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAPIRED BEFORE SALEING A CAR IN THIS MUCH NEED OF REPAIR. BEFORE THINKING OF SELLING A PRODUCT IN THIS CONDTION. *********'s CUSTOMER SERVICE DURING TIME OF THE SALE WAS GREAT BUT WHEN ISSUE STRATED TO BECOME NOTICALBE WITH THIS CAR ********* WAS NOT AS CUSTOMER FRIENDLY LIKE WHEN THE DEAL WAS IN PROCESS

I WOULD LIKE ********* TO REFUND ME MY DOWN PAYMENT FOR MY PURCHASE AND PAY THE FINANCE COMPANY BACK FOR THE REMAINING BALANCE OF MY LOAN AND FOR THIS PURCHASE TO NOT AFFECT MY CREDIT. THIS SITUATION HAS PUT ME IN A DIFFICULT SITUATION WITH MISSING WORK AND SPENDING MORE ON EXPENSIVE RENTAL CARS. THE REPAIRS THAT ARE NEEDED FOR THIS CAR ARE WORTH MORE THAN THE CAR ITSELF AND THE COMPANY KNOWS THE CONDITION OF THIS CAR WAS SOON TO BE NON ROAD WORTHY AFTER I PURCHASED IT.

The customer purchased a used 2006 Nissan Altima in October 2014. The vehicle passed inspection before it was sold to the customer. The purchase of the vehicle included a 30 day/1,000 mile warranty and the customer did not purchase a service contract.

We were first made aware of any issues the customer had with the vehicle in January 2015. Even though the 30 day/1.000 mile warranty was expired, we asked the customer multiple times to bring the vehicle to us. She never brought the vehicle to our location. We cannot have the vehicle diagnosed if we cannot get the vehicle into a certified service provider. On July 3, 2015, we were informed the vehicle broke down. We picked up the vehicle and had it taken to a certified service provider for a diagnosis. The diagnoses for the vehicle are as follows: two (2) converters; the serpentine belt is worn; and a valve cover gasket leak.

The customer was contacted with the diagnoses of the vehicle, but she could not come up with the money for the repairs and wanted us to pay for all repairs. Since the customer did not purchase a service contract and the 30 day/ 1,000 mile warranty expired, the customer is responsible for any and all repairs the vehicle may need.

Since the date of purchase, the customer has driven the vehicle 29,822 miles showing the vehicle is operable. The evidence from the certified service provider shows she did not maintain the vehicle nor has any proof of maintaining the vehicle and no down payment will be refunded.

I do not accept response to this case because during January 2015 when weather was bad I contact this company before sending the vehicle to them I specially asked would I have to pay for the repairs and they told me at that time I would because no warranty was purchased. The warranty was not offered only the 30 day warrantee. I was not taken the car if they was not going to correct the issue. My mechanic states that all that was wrong with the car was issue that was faulty when the car was purchased and he said there a ways around the inspections. The motors seal has a leak all the way around the engine and no way that could have been something that I could have done. ********* did not have no concern about this issue until I contacted the finance company to complain about all the problems when the car was finally out of service. I contacted them immedIiately when issues arrive 90 days after purchase when check engine light came on. They know this car had problem no spark plugs were changed no brakes were replaced rotors were gone I had to replace. This car was totally no road worthy and they know it

Although no warranty was purchase this company still failed to comply within time fame the issue was first reported to them. They never offered a warranty and I want all their customers to know they sell faulty cars. I guess it will be a loss of my money thanks for the lemon *********!!!

As stated in our previous response, the customer did not purchase a service contract which means all repairs are the responsibility of the customer. Therefore, our situation has not changed and there will be no down payment refunded.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars