BBB Accredited Business since 11/13/2012

DC Classic Cars East

03/30/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Fraudulent sale of a car sold as a 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport. This car had been cloned and is actually only a straight Malibu.
I purchased a 1964 Chevelle convertible from DC Classic Cars, the car was advertised as 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport but upon research from the Kansas Highway Patrol,the vin showed not to be neither a Chevelle or a super sport it was a Malibu, on this finding I called DC Classic Cars and spoke to ****,the owner, about this and he told me to just drive and enjoy it. I said this is not what I payed for. On the title was the original owner. Upon speaking to them they said the car was a Malibu not a Chevelle nor a Super Sport, had a bench seat and the motor was a six cylinder. When I got the car it had a v 8 motor, the interior had bucket seats, a Super Sport console, on the body it had identified Chevelle and Super Sport ID tags. Upon more research I find out that the car had been sold to a car dealer ship, *****************************, in the year of 2008. ***** was friends with the original onwers, who owned the car since 1972 , I tried to work with them and got cussed out. This was a fraud and misrepresented. I have spoken to ****** attorney at Law in North Carolina ************ and he said that this was a fraud case, would take case, and should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I spent over 27,500 plus shipping. I want all my money and shipping back and for your report to be filed. I have all the paper work to back up my claim. Thank you, ************ ************** ************ Note: ***** ************** and **** the owner of DC Classic Cars are good friends. **** took the car in on consignment but **** new all long this was a fraud and still being unfair about this. If you would like to talk to ***** ******* his number is ************ and **** DC classic cars is ************

I am seeking they remainder of the expense on the car. They refunded the price of the car 26,500 but not the shipping which was 650 each way. I also would like to recover the cost of interest that I have paid while trying to get this resolved.
Shipping here 650
Shipping back 650
Interest 250
----
Total seeking 1550

The bank does not want to release the title until all expenses are paid in full

I will pay the $650.00 To get the car to him ! He agreed to pay shipping back ! Let make this go away we are keeping to the agreement

**** had the opportunity to take this car back on the same day it was shipped. When the car arrived and we found out it was not a Chevelle SS we called him immediately and wanted him to just take it back on the same transport to save him money. He refused to take it back and said "just go drive and enjoy the car". Agian, DC Classic is not telling the truth. We did send the car back in order to receive money back on a car that was a FRAUD. This car was misrepresented and made into a clone. I have spoken to two attorneys one in ** and one in **. Because this car was misrepresented I have the right to have no out of pocket expenses. We still want the money back on shipping both ways and interest. We are trying to avoid DC Classics from having to pay attorney fees. We would like to settle this out of court BUT we are entitled to all cost regarding the fraudulent sale of this vehicle.

We have been contacted by **** and he has agreed to pay the 1300 on Monday. Please put this case on hold and we will contact you when the money is received.

10/14/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Car had structural damage to chassis which should have been seen by the consignment dealer and reported to potential buyers.
Many problems found with vehicle. Consignment dealer lied about the condition of interior when directly questioned by phone. Dealer mis-represented loose steering in a telephone call by failing to mention that the steering box was leaking. And worst issue is that dealer did not report serious chassis rust where rear spring meets frame and body of vehicle. While SOLD AS IS was clearly the condition of the sale, these are gross problems that any consignment dealer of classic cars on the internet should have seen upon inspection and reported to the buyer. In web-based sales of classic cars this is a critical business practice. In this case the dealer is either incompetent or dishonest. He refuses to discuss the matter in any case.

Dealer should split the difference in the cost of repairs, estimated to be approximately $3,000 (half would be $1,500). This is common practice with classic car dealers - all of whom use SOLD AS IS as a condition of sale.

I am working on this with the owner of that car will know soon

Auto Dealers - Used Cars