BBB Accredited Business since 01/27/1993

Car Fare, Inc.

06/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This company basically kept a $1000.00 down payment for a vehicle I drove for only one week.
ATTENTION!!! PLEASE READ! SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, ANY ADVICE? PLEASE HELP!I put $1000.00 down on a 2001 Tahoe, this vehicle had a rear main seal leak, and the break system was not working, wouldn't stop, ABS light was on as well. I told them, they fixed it, the first day I found this, well I went without a ride and missed work because of this, well I got it back, six days later it left me stranded due to the fuel pump, so...I called and told them, he blamed me for it, but he fixed it....Five days without my vehicle again, more work missed, then once I got it back the brakes were acting up again, I called and told them. Must be just the light, ** fixed it! That was the response. The first two weeks I had it, it was in the shop for repairs, and because of missing so much work I asked them if I could make the first payment on the third week (on bi-weekly payment plan) They said YES! That was great since I just gave them my savings of $1000.00 and missing two weeks of work! Well, I woke up one morning to go pay the payment before the third week, I was fortunate to earn money before the agreement ** made, It was icing out and I stated to warm up the truck and WOW! the heat went out!! HUH, cant defrost the ice off, so I called and told them of this problem.....The next day.....They came and got it!! REPO really?!?!? Its only been two and a half weeks,a and I didn't have the car on the road but one week because it was broke down,,,I called him baffled...they didn't honor our agreement. Keep in mind they made this agreement because they sold me a car that wouldn't run! The owner talked to me like I was a dog....I have never been so verbally beat down. HORRIFIC! He wouldn't even tell me what to do to get it back....TWO AND A HALF WEEKS, $1000.00 GONE, AND I HAD NO CAR....He wouldn't even talk to me for two days......I finally went up there, and they said I had to pay two payments and the repo fee to get it back. Even though I called him when they came to get it, and told him I had the payment even earlier than what ** agreed, he didn't let me do that, he told them to take it anyway...SOOOOOOO I now owe for something that could have been prevented.... He wanted it back and made it impossible for me to get it back because he had to pay so much to fix it I suppose...Its a scam, They stole a grand from me for a car I had in my possession for only one week... I have since lost that job I had during that time due to lack of transportation and cash. Its a shame I gave them my hard earned savings and ended up i worse shape by dealing with him....Who takes a vehicle back in two weeks.,... And I promise you, I make my payments on my bills... I promise you made sure I could make that fist bi-weekly payment on the third week...I promise you, I would have borrowed it if I knew I was going to lose my transportation and ALL MY SAVINGS meanwhile, couldn't' work to replenish my account....Thats how the rich get richer and the worker gets poorer, Oh, did I mention I had to leave my home too? Not only did I lose my job, I lost my home, when your a regular worker, renter, you don't get a late period paying rent when its due weekly..Now he has that car, and $1000.00 extra, he can just make money doing what he did to me... Taking down payments and repoing the car two weeks later....ROBBERY!!!! Crooks! I have tried to contact them several times about returning my money, they wont do it...They continue to talk nasty to me, hang up on me, make comments while hanging up that are inappropriate and discriminate to women. They don't have the business ethic to even carry on a reasonable conversation explain how they think they are in the right... because they are wrong... I told them I could subpoena the telephone records proving our agreement, they get meaner and meaner and hang up... Is this what ** as a society deserve? I am a full time business student and can not afford any losses at this time in my life.

I have asked them on two different occasions to refund the down payment of $1000.00 minus the $180.00 for the first two week payment...Initially that is what I asked of them, I was being fair considering I didn't have the truck on the road but for one week....All they would reply to me was hateful nasty tones, and humiliating laughter, and then hanging up on me. I really want my life back, meaning my home and my old job, but I guess that is out of the question. All I want is my $1000.00 down payment back.

First, Ms. ****** purchased her 2001 Cheverolet Tahoe on February 19, 2014. She purchased the vehicle through Car Fare Inc., following all protocol of a vehicle sale by a dealer as it applies to a dealer in North Carolina.
Ms. ****** purchased the 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe from Car Fare Inc., "as is" with no additional warranties or guarantees issued from the dealer.

Second, Ms. ****** did have mechanical issues with her vehicle, and as a result Car Fare Inc., made sure those issues were addressed and the vehicle was returned to her at no expense to Ms. ******. These repairs were made after the vehicle was purchased "as is" and means that Car Fare Inc., did not have to do this for Ms. ******. This is a courtesy that Car Fare Inc., has done for many years to try and sale a reliable vehicle to our customers.

Next, Ms. ******' vehicle was repossessed for missing the first payment as it was stated in her signed contract. Car Fare Inc., even allowed an extension on this first payment because of the issues Ms. ****** had with the vehicle. But, after the extension date had passed, Car Fare Inc., had to exercise the option to repossess the vehicle because the contract was no broken and the account was in default.

Furthermore, since this repossession, Ms. ****** has contacted employees of Car Fare Inc., at the office through telephone conversations and on one occasion in person. When Ms. ****** would contact, she later revealed she had been recording all of the conversations that Car Fare Inc., and its employees had with her. These conversations were recorded without the knowledge of Car Fare Inc., and its employees but, there were no conversations that were unprofessional or not correlating directly to the language of the contract Ms. ****** had signed on February 19, 2014.

Finally, Ms. ****** has contacted Car Fare Inc., threatening legal proceedings. And, since Car Fare Inc., is represented by a local attorney and does not represent itself in legal proceedings, Ms. ****** was given the name and contact information of Car Fare Inc's. attorney.

If there are any questions on this matter, feel free to contact ********** of Car Fare Inc.
I am in the office Monday through Friday from 9 am until 4:30 pm.

Well for starters, they did not honor our agreement! ** made an agreement and they called me back assuring that I would be in on the third Friday with both payments! That is a fact, phone records can prove that. Also the day they came and got the vehicle, I had the payment as promised, on Wednesday, two days before the final date that they called and verified with me, and they refused the money. They came at 10:00 am and took it on the day I was coming with the payment. They didn't wait that morning they came and got it. They didn't want the payment, they wanted the truck. Then the owner wouldn't talk to me about how to get it back, he kept telling me "I don't know' so what does that say? He did not follow the customary business rulings when he wouldn't let me get it. Finally I had to go up there, and only because I was face to face the sales person told me I had to pay the past due, obviously, plus an extra payment that want' due yet, on top of repo fees. I know, you have to pay repo fees, but this could have been avoided, they jumped the gun and took it before our agreement date was up. They made the amount impossible for me to get it back. I knew they were done doing business when he refused to tell me what to do to get it back for two days. They didn't want me to have it, they want to resell it and keep the down payment on a vehicle I had for less than a month. As far as the professional conversations, that's not true either, they were very unprofessional, said nasty things while hanging up, laughed in my face the entire time ** were talking. I have plenty of witnesses to prove this happened. They did not give me the number to their attorney, when I asked what they were going to do to make this right, they said call out attorney and hung up on me, I couldn't get a full sentence out of them. I would call back to get the address and phone number, and they would hang up on me again. They don't have the business ethic required to complete a conversation, and I was never treated so poorly in my life. During the three weeks I had this truck I was in contact with them twice a week every week. I did my part, they failed to honor theirs. I also have plenty of business relationships that will back relay my ethics! I have always paid my bills, cars paid in full and bought two more from one particular dealer. I don't appreciate the treatment. This business can throw out the "didn't' pay her first payment" card, and try to make me look like just another delinquent. They scammed me out of $1000.00. Period. I know that was it is an as is basis as far as repairs, they didn't have to fix them, but they did, and they wanted the truck and the down payment to make up for their loses. I wouldn't have just let my investment go like that. If it wasn't' ok, I would have borrowed money from my boss so I wouldn't lose my money and transportation. They took it, breaking our agreement, the day of... sucker punched me so they would come out on top.

06/21/2016Problems with Product / Service