BBB Accredited Business since 02/14/2007

Steve Moore Chevrolet

02/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My credit report was ran after I repeatedly stated to Chevrolet not to do so. When I left, the dealership ran my score behind my back.
I am a first time buyer of a vehicle through dealerships. I went to Chevrolet with a copy of my credit report i had just received from Hyundai and advised Chevrolet that I did not want my credit report ran because I just went through the process with Hyundai. I made this statement because I did not want to receive anymore hard inquiries on my credit score. Chevrolet agreed and stated that they would not run my score. I test drove a 2016 camero and stated that I was interested but wanted time to think about my decision. The dealer by the name of ***** (do not know last name) had me sign a document. Prior to signing the document I stated that if it would result in them running my score then I did not want to fill out the document. **** assured me that me filling out the document would not involve them running my credit and that they would not do so. He promised and guaranteed me he would not do so until I was ready to make a decision. I left the dealership that night and told them I would think about my decision and return in the morning with an answer, and reminded them not to run my score. They agreed not to run my score and I left. When I arrived home, I checked my score and I had 4 hard inquiries on my report. Two which Chevrolet were responsible for through GMfinancial and Credco. I printed the document and returned to Chevrolet for answers. when I confronted ***** the dealer and his boss ****, they denied it and said they did not run my credit. I pulled out my credit report which I printed and they changed their story and said it was an accident. The next day I called GMfinacial and Credco to file a claim and see if i could get the inquiries off my report. they stated that they could not and it was the responsibility of Chevrolet dealership. When I went to Chevrolet, the manager **** proceeded to laugh in my face and said there was nothing they could do about it and it was too late. I stated I would go to the better business bureau and he said "go to them, they can't do anything to help you". I am extremely angry. I was lied to and taken advantage of. I clearly stated that I did not want my credit ran over and over and they agreed.They had me fill out a document and I asked if it would result in them running my credit and they told me no. They went ahead and ran it away and now I am forced with 2 hard inquiries on my credit report that I did not agree to.

I want Chevrolet dealership to find a way to get those two hard inquires off my credit report. Gmfinancial and Credco were the two creditors Chevrolet went through to run my score. I spoke with both businesses and they both stated that Chevrolet were responsible to fix this issue. The manager by the name of **** with Chevrolet laughed in my face and stated it was too late and the inquiries could not be removed. All I want are for the GMfinancial and Credco inquiries to be removed from my credit report

On Feb. 2, 2016 Mr. ****** visited ***** ***** Chevrolet looking for a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Mr. ****** shared with his sales consultant that he was looking for a certain payment. When ***** shared his payment budget with me, I asked that ***** suggest a LT Trim level Camaro to Mr. ******, as this would better fit Mr. ******' budget. ***** presented this idea to Mr. ******, and Mr. ****** was receptive to the idea. Mr. ****** advised ***** that he had to take his friend back to his house and that he would return shortly to discuss his options. I went and spoke to Mr. ******, and told him I looked forward to working with him when he returned.
Mr. ****** returned approximately 15 minutes later. While he was away I was able to locate several LT Camaros at other Chevrolet dealerships, as we did not have a LT model in stock. We presented several LT Camaro Build sheets to see which one best met his preferred criteria. I made several inquires on the different Camaros that were in the area. After about 15 minutes Mr. ****** informed us that he could not wait any longer. I explained to Mr. ****** that I would call him as soon as the vehicle was located. Mr. ****** then left the dealership.
Before Mr. ****** left, ***** asked if we were able to locate the vehicle and meet his budget, was he ready to purchase the vehicle. Mr. ****** told ***** yes. Before Mr. ****** left, he gave ***** his financial information and signed the completed credit application.(see attached). Later that afternoon I was able to locate a Camaro that met all of Mr. ****** criteria. Once I was able to secure the vehicle I submitted Mr. ****** credit application to GM Financial. I submitted it to insure that we within Mr. ****** budget before I brought the vehicle in to our inventory. Once I had the approval I called Mr. ****** to let him know that we had the vehicle secured and that he had been approved, and that I would be sending a driver to pick up the vehicle. Mr. ****** asked that I hold off bringing the vehicle in. I asked when he could return to the dealership so that I could answer any questions or concerns that he may have. He told me that he would return the following morning.
Mr. ****** did return the following morning. He then expressed to me that we did not have permission to pull his credit. This was the first I had heard of this. i then showed him the credit application that he signed. Mr. ****** stated that we responsible for 4 inquires on his credit bureau. I assured Mr. ****** that we were only responsible for 2 inquiries. Mr. ****** asked that we have the inquiries removed. I explained to Mr. ******, that I didn't believe that was possible.
Mr. ****** then returned to the dealership on Saturday February 6th. During this visit that he had spoken to the credit bureau and they informed him that he would need to speak with us to see if we could remove the inquiries. I told Mr. ****** that i would reach out to GM Financial to see if the inquiries could be removed. He insisted that I call them immediately. I informed him that it would have to wait until Monday, as there was no one to speak to on the weekends. Mr. ****** then be came agitated and began spewing profanities. I calmly asked Mr. ****** to leave. I did not laugh in his face as I saw no humor in his behavior.
In closing, Mr. ****** provided the sales consultant with all of his financial information, and signed the credit application, thus allowing me to proceed in submitting the application on his behalf. Attached you **** find a copy of Mr. ****** signed credit application with his SS# redacted.

This information is completely false. I am a first time car buyer. I admit I should have known better than to trust the words of these car dealers. When the form was presented to me by ***** ***** chevrolet. I asked ***** **** "if I sign this document, would it result in you having to pull my credit?" Mr **** clearly stated no and that he only needed me to sign the document so that he could provide me with estimates. Mr **** stated to me that since I already had a written statement with my credit score listed on the sheet, that he did not need to run my credit as I kept requesting and insisting them not to. Prior to me leaving the delearship to take my roommate home, I reminded Mr. **** not to run my credit and he once again promised he would not. My roommate is my witness as he was there during this dialogue. Mr. ****'s Boss **** called me and stated that he found a camero rs and if I planned on buying the car. I clearly stated that I was still looking around for cars and that I would not be getting the car that day as i was still considering my options. I never not one time ever stated that I was buying the car. I only signed the document earlier because Mr **** promised that it did not require my credit being ran. When I returned to the dealership I was extremely upset. Mr ****'s boss **** stated that he did not have time to attend to my issue until Monday. He never gave me a reason as to why. He stated that it was too late and when I stated that I would go to the Better Business Bureau, he laughed and said "go to them and see what they do for you" with sarcasm. I found it disrespectful that **** said he did not have time for my issue but upon my first time arriving to ***** ***** chevrolet, they greeted me before I could even make it to the door.

09/15/2015Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Dealers-New & Used Cars, Auto Dealers - Used Cars