Standard 16: Annual Report - Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes: (a) the organization's mission statement, (b) a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments, (c) a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors, (d) financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets.
Chicago Urban League does not meet this standard because:
- The organization states it does not have an annual report covering activities conducted in the past year.
Standard 17: Web Site Disclosures - Include on any charity websites that solicit contributions, the same information that is recommended for annual reports, as well as the mailing address of the charity and electronic access to its most recent IRS Form 990.
Chicago Urban League does not meet this Standard because the organization's website, http://www.cul-chicago.org/chicagourbanleague/site/default.asp, does not include all of the recommended information for those charity websites that solicit for donations. Specifically, it does not include:
- Total income.
- Total program expenses.
- Total fund raising expenses.
- Total administrative expenses.
- End of year net assets.
Chicago Urban League does not meet this Standard because:
- What personal information is being collected and how it will be used.
- How to contact the charity to review personal information that is collected and request corrections.
- How to inform the charity that the visitor does not want his/her information shared with others.
- What security measures are in place to protect personal information that is collected.