BBB Accredited Business sinceAdditional Locations
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
IGS Energey is headquartered in Dublin, Ohio and the company supplies natural gas for residential, commercial & industrial consumers primarily in the Midwest.
Request a Quote
View Business Review Inquiries
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that IGS Energy meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for IGS Energy include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 174 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||44|
|Total Closed Complaints||174|
Additional Complaint Information
This company has a pattern of customer complaints alleging aggressive sales tactics and billing issues.
On October 10, 2013 BBB sent return receipt email correspondence to IGS Energy requesting their voluntary cooperation in resolving complaints on file with BBB and providing steps it will implement to eliminate the pattern of customer complaints.
On October 22, 2013 the business responded to BBB providing a description of their billing process and their sales staff policies. Specifically they stated: "IGS recognizes that the interaction between sales agent and prospective customer is personal and should be one in which the prospective customer is treated respectfully and one in which the agent performs professionally".
On November 7, 2013, BBB met with executives of IGS who indicated they will: 1. have more oversight of their solicitation processes, 2. obtain solicitation permits in all of the areas where they sell and 3. implement an analytics tool enabling them to monitor “non-sale” interactions.
BBB will monitor this company’s efforts, and this aspect of the Business Review will be updated when additional information becomes available.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||30|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Lance Schneier, CEO Mr. Ronald L. Waterman, Asst General Counsel Mr. Scott H. White, President, CEO Mr. Doug Austin, Vice President Ms. Tara Chapman, Compliance Manager Ms. Cathy Conner, Secretary/Treasurer Mr. Lawrence Friedeman, VP Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Mr. Jim Kilgore, Director of Marketing Mr. Scott H. White, President Ms. Tami Wilson, Manager
Energy Service Companies Electric Companies Natural Gas Companies
Alternate Business NamesAccent Energy Dynowatt Gas Supply of New York Inc. Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.
Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. and Border Energy, Inc. maintain primary business offices at 6100 Emerald Parkway, Dublin, OH 43016.
BBB currently maintains separate business reviews on Interstate Gas Supply that incorporates information on Accent Energy, and on Border Energy each which are available at:
Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. (IGS) http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/energy-service-companies/igs-energy-in-dublin-oh-31000371
According to information supplied by the company:
- On Dec. 31, 2011, Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. purchased from Halstead Investments, LLC. Owned by Scott White, , the assets and liabilities of Accent Energy Group, LLC, and Accent Energy Group continued to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Interstate Gas Supply, Inc., for a period of time, and Accent Energy Group, also doing business as Dynowatt, maintained a primary business office at 6100 Emerald Parkway, Dublin, OH 43016 and an additional office location at 630 East Southlake Boulevard, Suite 119, Southlake, TX 76092. According to information supplied by Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. in January 2015, the company stopped doing business under the Accent name, and everything had been converted to IGS Energy.
- On Aug. 31, 2014, Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. purchased from previous business owners Steve Casciani and Andrew Mitrey the assets and liabilities of Border Energy, Inc., and Border Energy, Inc. continued to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview