Central & Western Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut

BBB Accredited Business since 06/25/2012

Lyndon Tree Care

08/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: I contracted Lyndon Tree to prune a magnolia tree along with other work. The workers did a terrible job and **** refuses to come evaluate the work.
I contracted with Lyndon Tree care to prune a Magnolia tree as well as some other tree work. On *** **** **** and two workers arrived one hour later (9:30am)than they were supposeed to. I told **** that I had to leave for an appointment at 11am. I had previously told the office person when scheduling the appt that I would have to leave by 11am. **** and I spoke about the tree, he asked me what I wanted done - I said to have the tree "rounded" and have the bottom branches removed so that my dog could sit underneath it. He suggested that I put mulch around the bottom of the tree - I said I would think about it. He left within about 15 minutes and the 2 workers did the remaining job. We called him on his cell phone about a matter that ws resolved easily. I left before 11am. When I returned the workers had left. I paid my bill in full. Over the course of the next few weeks the tree leafed out and it's deformed shape became apparent.
I first notified Lydon Tree by phone on June 26th that I was unhappy with the work and wanted **** to come out and evaluate the work and fix the pruning job. I received an email the nextday from ******* **************, to ask me to put my request in an email, which I did the next day. I recieved an email from her on **** **** - that stated that she spoke to **** who told her I was there the whole time and that if I never said I wsn't happy with the work. I told her that wasn'
t true and that I was asking for **** to come to the house and look at the tree - and decide for himself.
Since then I have made multiple phone calls and sent multiple emails (for which I have copies)along with pictures of the tree and still no one will respond to me that they will come look at the tree. There has been NO attempt on their part to reconcile this matter. I just want them to fix the pruning jobl

I spoke to Ms. ********. There was a misunderstanding between the actual contracted work the business was to initiate and the work she thought she contracted the business to initiate. I explained the situation to her. The service she is seeking in the complaint was not included in the contract. The situation has been rectified and Ms. ******** has hired the business to do the work that was not covered in the contract.

Tree Service, Stump Grinding, Stump Removal & Grinding, Snow Removal Service - Roof, Snow Removal Service, Arborist, Water Gardens Fountains & Ponds, Gutter Cleaning, Tree Service - Pruning, Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Contractors