BBB Accredited Business since 11/13/2008

Lorden Oil Company, Inc.

05/07/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Lorden oil is charging me for oil they delivered in error, I should not have to pay for that.
Lorden oil delivered oil to our residence in error. I do not use this company, per receiving a receipt on my door I called the company to let them know of their error. The woman on the phone thanked me for calling in to let them know that the person who paid for this oil , did not receive it. The woman said she would take care of it and I thought that was the end of that. I have received 3 letters From Lorden Oil requesting that I pay for their oil which I never requested. I am not a customer of theirs I do not have an account with them. Per the latest letter from them they have fraudulently opened an account in mine and my husbands name, threatened to take us to court, they threatened to report us to the 3 national credit agencies (which I find ironic because they don't have our social security numbers). Attempted to bully us to make a payment on an error of their driver, who I feel should have to compensate the company as it was his mistake not ours. I have been getting oil from a different oil company for 2 yrs and I have funds set aside for those deliveries. I don't feel that I am obligated to pay for this, and I want the threats to stop. I have 3 letters which I am unable to attach to this complaint as they are JPEG files but I can provide them to you when needed, I can make copies or bring them to you myself. If you need anything please let me know.

All collection attempts stopped. I am not responsible for the error of Lorden Oil.

While we feel that payment for the delivery of heating oil is fair because the homeowner gained from the use of the oil, we also recognize that our communication with this homeowner was not handled properly. We withdraw the request for payment from the homeowner and will close the balance on the account.

All collections will stop, that's all we wanted. Thank you for your help.

02/05/2013Billing / Collection Issues

Oils-Fuel, Gas-Propane, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems