BBB Accredited Business since 02/06/2013

Affordable Tree & Landscape LLC

12/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Business claims that we signed a Contract for Fall Cleanup on 9/26/15. I signed for a Free Estimate on 9/26/15 and was not told of the fee to cancel
****** ******** owner of this business claims that we signed a Contract for Fall Cleanup on 9/26/15. I did sign for a Free Estimate on 9/26/15 and not a Contract to see how much it would cost to get this Fall Cleanup done. At the time there was no mention that we would have to pay a cancel fee of $150.00 if we did not do this work. I also was pricing other companies at the same time and told ****** that we would call if we want to go ahead with his estimate for Fall Cleanup. What happened next his foreman **** called me on 11/24/15 around 7:00PM and left a voicemail on my cell phone that they would be over around noontime on 11/25/15. I did not listen to the message from **** till the next morning at 6:36 AM telling me they were coming to do the work, I called **** right back and left a voice mail and told him not to come to my house. We did not want this work done and never called to schedule this. Next my cell phone was ringing around 7:30 AM on 11/25/15 and **** was on the phone telling me he is at my house to do the work. Again I told **** we did not schedule any work and to cancel it. Next call I got was from ****** on the same day to schedule this for next week, I told him no we are not interested in doing this work at all. ****** then told me because we canceled this contract we would owe him $150.00 and he was sending a Invoice for this amount which we just received in the mail today.

Remove the $150.00 Cancelled Contract Fee because this was not a Contract, it was a Free Estimate only.
Prevent this from happening to other consumers.

With all due respect, Affordable Landscaping & Tree Service always gives free estimates unless we have to travel a long distance. Therefore we would never require a customer to sign for one. We gave the customer a contract listing a sizable amount of work he requested for a Fall Clean-up. He signed said contract on 9/26/2015, telling us that he really liked the reviews he had read concerning the company. To be sure that our customers get a proper clean we wait to give the leaves a chance to fall. It wouldn't benefit the customer if we did the fall clean-up before then. When customer was called on 11/25/2015 he informed us he was cancelling.

I never made a appointment for this work to done, they took it upon themselves to just show up at my house on November 25 even after I left a message to not show up. After they did that I canceled this because of this behavior of just showing up without my permission. If we decided to have this work done we would have call him to make appointment, not just show up at my house. Also ****** still continue to text me on Wednesday and Friday to schedule this for the following week and if I did not he was going to send me a bill for $150.00. I never got a chance to respond to this because the next thing I knew he sent me a bill, which was sent on Friday the 27 of November, and I got on Monday. Also there was no date or time mentioned in the estimate to have this work done that I signed that ****** calls a Contract.
In regards to the Estimate that I signed there is no mention of a Contract anywhere, it shows on the yellow receipt that this is an Estimate that is good for 10 days from this date of 9/26/15 and it also shows Thank You For Giving Us The Opportunity Of Quoting Your Project
and the cost of $800.00 to $1300 to do this work

As previously stated, we give hundreds of free quotes and they do not have to be signed. We only require a signature if the customer agrees with the quote he has been given within the ten days of given quote. A quote does not require a signature. Once the quote is signed it becomes a contract. When Fall Clean-ups are being done, we oftentimes drop by the home of the customer to see if that day would be good for them. Because some of our customers have fallen leaves far ahead of some others who are not quite ready for the crew because their trees are holding on. It would not be beneficial for our customers to do a fall clean-up before the leaves have fallen, so as a courtesy, we do stop by those customers we have contracts with to see if they are ready.

This business is not offering any resolution for this in the above rebuttal.
The business is just trying to justify the form that I signed for a free estimate by telling us it now turns into a contract.
Again Mr. ******** did not tell us this would become a contract if we signed it and did not tell us there is a $150.00 fee for this if canceled.
If this was a real contract as claimed by Mr. ******** we would have had a breakdown of the work we wanted done and a total for the job, not just a price range for this work, also there would have been a date and time set up for this.
This work was not just for fall cleanup we were going to have other landscaping work done.
So Mr. ******** comments do no apply for just showing up at my house without my permission and no contract.
Again we told Mr. ******** that if we wanted him to do the work we would call him to schedule this.
We never did call Mr. ******** back and at this point will never do business with this company because of the way they treated us.

Landscape Contractors, Stump Removal & Grinding, Snow Removal Service - Roof, Snow Removal Service, Tree Service - Pruning, Tree Service, Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Designers