In Central & Western Massachusetts and Northeastern Connecticut

Vista Home Improvement

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair

Complaint: I've called for weeks now no response and work not done roof leaking covering off siding hanging off want down payment ***** back end contract
I hired vista home improvement in 12/11 for and insurance claim a tree hit my home in 10/11 I was told they could do the work. vista came out started the work stripped of a small portion of my roof found their was a little more damage stopped the job never got back to me when I called him it was several months later he still had no news for me so I waited another six or seven months still nothing it had been over a year now so I waited called him back he had no clue of what was going on with the claim I told him that code enforcement was threating to take me to court this was back in the spring of 2013 and from this point on I have not talk to him I have called several times talk to several people in the office with the promise they would give him the message and have him call me back and still nothing he has ignored every call that I have made over the past several months. I told the office that the covering on my home had come off the roof and it could cause more damages still no response, it has snowed twice with the covering hanging off my roof nothing to protect it. The siding is still hanging off my house, the gutters are still off, the side of the house still has damage to the wood that need to be fixed, they left nails in the driveway so got two flat tires on my truck behind that, at this at this point I just want my *****.00 dollars back and he can pick up his product that has been sitting in the same place they left it. I no longer trust his word or his work very unhappy customer.

We have been working with the customer for two years now is true. This is an insurance job where the public adjusters and the insurance company have never completed there job so the work can be done to code. We have spent many hours working with adjusters, insurance company, and re tarping the roof and damaged garage. We actually have not done any work on the contract due to the adjusters not working with the customer. There is structural damage that needs to be addressed by the insurance companies. We are not responsible for the insurance companies and adjusters lack of follow up. However we have been making sure the roof is secured. We did miss a call from the customer in mid January. When the customer called again we, once again, came out to retarp asap. We spoke with the customer and are gladly going to refund a portion of the deposit. And as of this time the insurance company and the adjusters have not responded to the customer. We can understand the customers upset. However we are not the insurance company. We are the only ones that have been going above and beyond to help out.

I received a email from vista home improvement I did send him a email back telling him that I would accept ******* back of the ********* that I gave him, I also told vista home improvement the information that I received from the insurance company they thought the house was already finished because no one has talk to vista home improvement in over a year, in return vista home improvement said that they could provide phone records where they did talk to Mr. ***** but I have yet to see them, but to back up what I said I gave them the number once again to call Mr. ***** the claims adjuster them selves and see what he tell them and if you all need that number I can also provide it for you. One thing I'm not and that is a lie. to me it seems he is more worried about what is being put on here than cutting a check and ending this so when I get the check he told you all about I will close this.

After speaking in detail again with ******* I informed her, as I originally did, that we will be refunding a portion of her deposit for expenses incurred for the job. "not just a board". We will not engage in this type of resolution process. ******* will be sent a proposed refund that is more than fair for all work done. Once we are in agreement then we will disburse a refund. There is a lot more here involved then what has been stated by the customer. We feel we are not being told the truth due to some statements that were made. We understand *******'s frustration with her garage not being repaired however it's not our fault. We are in business to take care of our customer's. Not drag them along. We can be contacted to discuss if you are someone inquiring into our company. We are a top rated exterior home remodeler with over 137 reviews on *****'s **** alone, many satisfied customers that would attest to our commitment to getting the job done right, and a good citizen to our community. We look forward to making our final response on this complaint.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

09/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: Vista is in breach of contract and poor workmanship.
We are writing this complaint for two reason. First is that Vista Home improvement is now 53 days past the contracted completion date. (breach of contract) When we signed the contract with vista home improvements we stress we wanted the project done as soon as possible. Vista has now sent their crews to other jobs. We currently sit home waiting for them to call. This is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.
Vista Has 100% satisfaction guarantee for all material and workmanship. We have run into everything from leaky gutters, Pointed aluminum flashing around the windows, patio doors installed incorrectly, etc. Some of these have been corrected. Our biggest current concerns we still have are the following..
1. We were told that the only flashing behind the ledger board on the deck is tyvak. We question if this is to mass building code? We have already sent our concern to Chicopee building Dept. They are currently reviewing the permits and looking in to it.
2. Vista used replacement windows and patio doors instead of new construction. (to match trim) The only material used to keep water out is aluminum and caulk. Unfortunately the caulk is already separating from the windows and we feel this could lead to rot. (Caulking is not a long term solution.) When asked why we can see light between patio door and the trim. We were told the building needs to breath??
3. In the front by the porch vista glued a piece of aluminum to the white vinyl corner piece. Underneath that corner piece there is no building wrap. Just plan wood from the house. This is unacceptable as Vista used two building wraps and completely missed this? ( they used tyvak and greengaurd) What happens when the glue separates from the vinyl and aluminum? We are once again concerned about rot.
We are still waiting for vista to sand and recoat the drywall were they cut a hole for the patio door in the kitchen. The funny thing is they already installed the trim? The shutter still have not been put up. Still waiting for aluminum to come in as this was suppose to arrive last week. We still are waiting for the 2 screen doors that should have been noticed back in June when the patio doors arrived and were installed. The patio door in the Kitchen was installed with 4 screws and they used sheet rock screws for the locks. Even the inspector said that was poor workmanship. The outside trim on the patio door is still waiting to be reinstalled. There is currently a 1/2 gap between the trim and the siding.

We are currenttly working with the customer to correct a few items. Customer service is always our goal. We will not go into detail as to the facts,fictions, and missing details of the complaint. However the job is almost finished. The building inspector has no complaints and everything is done by building code. We have phone records that verify constant contact with the customer and have been at the customers house this past saturday to finish two items. If anyone viewing this response has any questions then please contact us at ************. We will update the BBB on the status and hopefully we can write an update on this site as well. Thank you!We also encourage you to read over 100 reviews of us on Angie's List. Not just one review/complaint

***** ****
*****
Vista Home Improvement

I did talk to ***** about 2 and a half weeks ago. We have not heard from Vista since. The inspector did come back and failed the deck again. Apparently there should be no aluminum in contact with the pressure treated deck. He will be contacting Vista soon..

I met with ***** recently at ****************** in ********. We are at agreement on a courtesy discount and a few remaining items.Will keep posted when complete.

Home Improvements, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Patio & Deck Builders, Home Improvements- Additions, Gutters & Downspouts, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling