BBB Accredited Business since 06/30/2008

MCM Contractors, Inc.

09/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Refund request for work not performed
MCM Contracted to build a shed in *********** MA. After a contract was signed the builder cancelled the contract and failed to refund the deposit. The builder claimed I owed him for other work however a lien release was signed and settlement was made. Not only was the shed deposit not returned but work on a door installation needed to be paid to a 3rd party for ****** to install a door that was part of the lien release and never performed.

I am requesting the refund of my deposit of $1,250 for the shed deposit and $1,000 paid to another builder to install a door. Total damages are $2,250

In response to Mr. ***** demand for return of funds I have enclosed a copy of the final response to Mr. **** in this matter , Not only did this customer refuse to pay added work at the end of his project last year for a total of $ ******* after he had given prior verbal approval of said work , he held back $ 1,500. of the final payment to my company for installation of the Nana door which we were going to install in the spring of 2013 for the final $ 1,500 payment , and against my better judgment I felt I could try to see some good in this project and try to work with Mr. **** after he verbally approved added payments to make up for last years losses if I built him a shed .
Mr. **** had hired a Nana door specialist prior to the spring schedule and paid my final payment to him , but Nana Door installer didn't include entire scope of work like I had figured , so upon completion of my work to the project for the Nana door installer at that time , and the cost of a special ordered door which was never paid for by Mr. **** , I billed Mr. **** out for said work and door ,. prior to the bill being mailed Mr. **** started to show the same selfish attitude as before and holding payments over my head and asking me to do work that he said was included in previous proposal , which after being taken for a ride once for $ ******* I decided I no longer wanted to do business with Mr. **** ,I have the understanding of the *********** Building inspector who knows the major loss I had taken on that project and the terms of what Mr. **** made me do just to get some of the funds at the final completion of said Lake house project , like signing a lean waiver just to get final partial payment , My crew and I put our heart and soul into that project and it was Mr. ***** selfish and cheap attitude which became his down fall because I was ready and willing to work with him again and put the past in the past
We had many compliments on his project and it was a shame to see how this all ended up , always go above and beyond for my customers but when someone takes advantage of me and my hard working crew for a second time I draw a line and end all work with said customer
This project was a big learning lesson for me in which cost me personally over $ ****** out of my pocket to do his project , because the final $ ******* owed was not all profit .

MCM Contractors is an emotional response. Please close this and I will pursue through other means

Contractors-General, Garage Builders, Home Builders, Home Improvements- Additions, Patio & Deck Builders, Siding Contractors, Sunroom & Solarium Design & Construction, Buildings - Pre - Cut, Prefab & Modular - Dealers, Doors, Windows, Masonry Panels-Prefabricated, Contractors - Retaining Wall