BBB Accredited Business since 04/15/2011

Pikeside Automotive, LLC

05/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went to get my car an oil change. About 2 wks later I noticed my oil light was on and underneath was leaking oil. Brought my car to another mechanic
I brought my car to Pikeside Auto where I always went for car maintenance, for an oil change. I noticed 2wks later that my oil pressure light was on, so I checked my oil and I had none in my engine. I then noticed a puddle of oil underneath my car so I immediately called the nearest mechanic. When I brought my car in to be looked at, the mechanic noticed right away that I had a massive oil leak. When he looked closer, he noticed my upper and lower housing was damaged, and needed to me replaced. Once he took out the housing parts, he was able to look closer, he then could see evidence that the last mechanic to do the oil change had used the wrong tools because of marks her found. In addition, he found that the seal for the lower cap wasn't installed incorrectly. The bill ended up being $872 so repairs I shouldn't have needed. I sent a letter to Pikeside, along with bill and comments from this other mechanic, letting them know what happen, in hopes they would reburse me for a least some of the money. I have yet to hear anything from them.

I would really appreciate if they would reimburse me for the full amount, but I'm also willing to negotiate and accept half. It would also be appreciated if they would contact me so when can settle this as quickly and painless as possible.

Customer came in February 18, 2015 for a oil change appointment, Oil was low then and mileage reading was 142,289. She has been coming to us since 9/12/2012, Car was frequently low on oil, almost every appointment she came to we let her know that she was low on oil. She then came to a following appointment on 03/04/15 with a mileage of 142,856 to have her rear brakes done and we didn't notice an oil leak whatsoever. She drove 567 miles without noticing a leak. We never received a call from *********, or heard from her after that until we received a letter stating that she wanted almost $900 from us for the damage "we" caused. We have no problem discussing a resolution for her if she would just contact us. I have tried reaching her with no reply. If she had called us when she noticed the leak we could have made arrangements to have the vehicle towed in and looked at. Had she called us maybe this problem would be resolved. We would really like to get into contact with her so we could have a possible resolution for this, or even a possible reimbursement. Thank you.

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Transmissions-Automobile, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto - Emissions Testing, Auto Electric Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Air Conditioning, Auto Dealers-Used Cars