Finding a Trustworthy Physician
- Do your research at checkbbb.org to see a BBB Business Review on physicians in your area.
- If you have health insurance, call ahead of time to make sure they accept that type of insurance and ask what additional fees you might be faced with.
- Check licensing by going to your state’s Department of Education and Department of Health.
- Know your rights, as it’s against the law for a doctor to force you to get excessive tests or treatments.
- If you have malpractice complaints, contact the Texas Medical Board.
For more tips, visit bbb.org/central-texas
or check us out on Facebook at facebook.com/CentralTexasBBB