If yes, click here to login.
BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers residential & business moves, delivery & installation of furniture & appliances.
Request a Quote
View Business Review Inquiries
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Reliable Moving & Delivery meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Reliable Moving & Delivery include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Response to 4 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||3|
|Total Closed Complaints||4|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV)
4000 Jackson Ave., Austin TX 78731
Phone Number: 888-368-4689
Type of Entity
Business ManagementCurtis Scheh, President Ms. Pam Cutsinger, Office Manager Mr. Randy Ellis, General Manager
Movers Delivery Service
Alternate Business NamesReliable Delivery, Inc.
Industry TipsRegulatory Information Tips for hiring a moving company
13127 Lookout Run
San Antonio, TX 78233 (210) 650-0393 (210) 650-0382 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (210) 650-0393(Phone)
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: On 4/4 I hired these movers to move me from the Medical Center area to north SA. They were 45 mins late. The mover walked in my apartment with the time they started the work already filled out which they hadn't started. The two men didn't work as two men causing time to take longer and I had to bring stuff down to the truck myself or we would have been even a lot longer. The more senior employee/mover stood in the truck just waiting for items. He also took breaks and didn't deduct the breaks from the time. When he finally did start to help, he was very careless with my boxes and as he brought down my file cabinet, the drawers were swinging open. He didn't bother to secure them shut. He placed heavy items on top of my file cabinet and caused it to become damaged and no longer usable. He tried to blame me for what I had in the file cabinet. I advised him that I had the same items in there for a year and nothing happened. He then told me I would have to call his ***** When they arrived at the new location, they took another break when they parked and didn't deduct that timing. I called the ******* and was told I would be called on Monday because there was nothing he could do. I have never received any phone calls and the company doesn't return calls. They over charged me for time that the movers did not work and didn't honor their warranty on my items. I have several broken items in my boxes and I also received a call from my old apartments that the water was left running when these movers disconnected the washer causing flooding to the first floor and I would have to pay for the damage. These movers were a nightmare and I have advised people via social media not to "rely" on reliable movers.
Desired Settlement: I would like my file cabinet replaced and a refund for the 20 mins that the movers took to rest. I also paid for 2 movers and one of them barely worked so I really did most of the work with a single mover. I have used many movers and never had this low of service level. Especially since the ******* never followed through which doesn't surprise me.
April 28, 2014
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: Was hard to select just one nature of complaint from the drop down box above because there were so many! First of all, this is my first complaint ever filed with the BBB and very atypical of me to do something like this but I received such a horrendous service from Reliable Moving and Delivery that I felt Compelled to warn others who may use them. My experience with this company is that they were rude, incompetent, unprepared, AND expensive. Every piece of furniture I own is scratched, dented, or somehow kissed with a reminder that I used this company. When I called to complain to the manager about their incompetence when they flooded my kitchen by not turning off the water line before disconnecting my refrigerator and scratching my wood floors with their Dolly, the manager ***** told me they were one of his most experience crews. They were unprepared to move a heavy safe when I specifically told the office manager at time of reservation that it needed to be done. And the crew took an unreasonable amount of breaks while charging me $90 an hour. And the clock didn't stop while they soaked up the flood in my kitchen for an hour. As the tension of the all day experience between myself and the crew grew, so did their bad attitude. They became rude and disrespectful towards myself and my fiance by rolling their eyes and refusing to acknowledge and simply refusing to do things like move things into specific rooms. They're movers refusing to move furniture! Unbelievable! This was literally the worst AND most expensive moving experience of my life! **Please forgive any grammatical errors because this was entered from my cell phone as my Internet service hasn't been connected yet in my new home to do this complaint from my laptop**
Desired Settlement: There are so many things that left me feeling completely dissatisfied by this experience it's hard to pick just one outcome. I would appreciate an apology from the owner because ***** the manager felt that simply sending more guys with bad attitudes out was the solution. I still have ruined pieces of furniture, I was still given a horrible service, and it was still very expensive! I feel a full refund wouldn't be out of order, and that's still leaving me with a home full of dented and damaged property.
I am surprised to get this complaint from the BBB as I was in contact with Mr. ***** at least four times during the move and thought that everything was being handled with his concerns.
The reply made by Reliable is not only inaccurate but also unacceptable. Yes, I spoke to ***** at least 4 times, because of the sheer number of issues I had with his movers. I requested his presense at my home to view the damage done to my home and property done by his movers from scratched furniture and dented appliances to HUGE chunks taken out of my walls because of carelessness and a ruined portion of my wood laminate floor caused by a moving dolly. He refused to come out, so I had no other recourse but to call with each major mistake made by his crew, including the aforementioned flooded kitchen, lack of preparation to do the job, and absolutely ridiculous amount of time the job took. To address each rebuttal:
1. Yes, I was concerned about the time the move took for several reasons. I was paying by the hour. At $90 per hour plus a $45 fuel surcharge I do not expect to pay for the crews cigarette breaks that ******* seemed to take every 20-30 minutes. Also, they only were hired to move the large furniture for the most part that myself and my fiance were unable to lift ourselves, and some boxes. EVERYTHING was already disasembled and boxed up. Both beds were taken apart and put in moving bags. Myself and my fiance moved two 26' ***** truckloads of boxes ourselves (it should also be noted that we had to rent the truck for an extra day since they took the entire day to move, I was unable to return the truck when it was due). There was no excuse to take nearly 8 hours to move some furniture and boxes. I used movers to move the EXACT furniture and amount of property into my home that they moved me out of and it took approximately 4 hours. But then again, they did not take breaks. And the second crew that was sent out was literally sent out only to unload the truck that was already loaded up at the home I was moving out of, so was of little consequence. As ***** mentioned, they were there for one hour. Another crew was sent to move the safe with a lift on the truck, which I told them they would need in the first place when I reserved the crew a week before the move.
2. The second issue was the safe. According to the ****** website where it was purchased it weighs 600lb. It is not 750lb, but that is not the issue. The issue is that they were NOT PREPARED TO DO THE JOB THEY WERE HIRED TO DO. They attempted to wheel a 600lb safe up the ramp on the back of a moving truck with 2 out of shape movers which I knew before they even started would be difficult if not impossible to do. When they predictably failed, they asked ME THE CUSTOMER to assist pushing a 600lb steel box uphill into a truck! Is that common practice? If this item had fallen off the ramp and crushed me would they have been liable? It is untrue that the ramp was bowing. The safe began to fall off the dolly they were using and it was unsafe how they expected to be able to load it. It should be noted that my brand new $1000 safe that has never been used now has several scratches on it from the improper dolly they used to move it.
3. As far as the movers refusing to move an armoire being reported to ***** is concerned, this was at the end of the day, and the end of a miserable experience with Reliable Moving and getting very little in return. It was becoming very apparent that ***** was sick and tired of hearing from me and what would have been accomplished had I called? Either he would have sided with his crew and my armoire would still remain where it was, or he would have told an already irritated and reckless crew to put it where I wanted and caused more damage to my home and property. It should be noted that I mentioned to the crew that the armoir breaks down into 2 parts which makes it easy to move. When I purchased it it was delivered to a third floor apartment, and me and my 115lb fiance moved it where we wanted it, so the only reason it wasn't moved is because the crew didn't want to move it.
4. When the move was finished I was exhaused emotionally and physically. I was sick of talking to anyone affiliated with Reliable Movers and Delivery. I had a miserable experience and was finished with the whole thing for that day. I agreed to *****'s insulting consolation prize for the thousands of dollars in damage and wasted money simply because I did not have the energy to fight any longer. I have documented the damage done to my walls, floors, furniture, appliances and property in photographs. I would be glad to share them with the company if they wish to see them, BUT I DO NOT WANT ANYONE FROM RELIABLE MOVERS AND DELIVERY ON MY PROPERTY EVER AGAIN!! If they do not want to refund my move, thats their decision. I will not accept any more insulting offers of anything less. I would prefer to have this documentation with the BBB on their record and believe me, I will tell anyone who will listen about my experience! By they way, my fiance's employer also used Reliable for their move and had a miserable experience. They mentioned similar damage to their property including their son's crib. If this is the type of service they have been giving customers for the past 14+ years, it's past due to find a career they can perform with quality and a sense of integrity!
5. I find it interesting that ***** didn't mention the dispicable way my fiance was treated by the crew (primarily *******) as I mentioned in my initial complaint letter. I guess there is no excuse for ignoring your customer when they're speaking to you, rolling your eyes when asked to do something pertaining to your job, or flat out refusing to do your job. Just because I'm the one paying the bill doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve the respect and service that is reasonably expected.
I would like to first offer my sincere apology to Mr. ***** and his fiance for the bad experience they had. The men that were on the move are experienced movers and there is no excuse for them to have taken an attitude with the customer no matter what the reason.
|9/4/2013||Advertising/Sales Issues | Complaint Details Unavailable|
|8/7/2012||Problems with Product/Service|