As wedding season begins, couples are finalizing plans for their special day. Photographers and videographers use their skills to make the day a lasting memory. BBB advises couples to do their research ahead of time to choose the right business.
Capturing a memory such as a marriage in a photograph or video takes skill. It also takes commitment and professionalism. The BBB says couples need to search for a photographer that will be timely and offer fair pricing.
The BBB offers the following suggestions to prospective couples:
- Check with the BBB for Business Reviews and listings of photographers and videographers you are considering at www.bbb.org.
- Schedule interviews with two or three to get a feel for the types of services they offer, the quality of their work and related fees.
- Ask for references and talk to previous clients.
- Ask the photographer if he/she is the one who will be photographing your wedding. If so, that should be stated in the contract. If not, request to meet personally with the photographer who will be shooting your wedding and review photos from several events before making a decision.
- Is the photo package fixed or customized? How many photos are included and what about reprints, enlargements and albums?
- What is the time frame for delivery of proofs and other products? Is there a Web site to view your images? Can you keep the proofs or negatives?
- What is the payment schedule? Is a deposit required; if so, how much and by when? This information should be included in the contract.
For more consumer tips, visit www.bbb.org