BBB Accredited Business since 07/01/2008

Tri-States Water

02/01/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid to have a new pool installed.The pool was installed wrong,the pool is now damaged due to improper installation.I want a full refund of my noney
My pool was installed on June 2,2015.I was filling my pool with water,after 2days of filling my pool, on June 4, 2015,I noticed bulging at the aluminum wall at the bottom tracks, and that the skimmer and the eyeball, were cutout before the liner was fully stretched, which made the liner look like a frown, it is supposed to be straight. Also the pillars of the pool were 2 inches out of level on opposite sides of the pool.I texted ***** ****** the contractor that installed the pool and he said that him and ***** the owner of Tri-States Water would come out and look at the problems.Brent and ***** came out on June 7, 2015 and talked to me about all the problems. They said that they were going to take the pool completely down and re level everything and reassembly the pool and put a new liner in and fill the pool backup with water, check for any leaks. And that should take care of the problems. They left, and Brent and his crew came back on July 1,2015, but they didn't take the pool completely down and re level like they said they were going to do. They drained the pool, they took the old liner out, they kicked the bottom track on the pool, and tried to level it by eyeball, and they took a tape measure to the inside diameter of the pool, they put a new liner in and told me this should take care of the pool. and Brent said that I would have to fill the pool back up myself. I asked him why they didn't take it down and re level everything like they said they would. And why I had to fill the pool myself, when it was their improper installation that caused them to have to drain the pool and fix the problems. They left, and when I started filling up the pool again, I noticed bulging at the bottom track again, and the pillars where now coming off the cement blocks, and the pillars where off 2 inches again, but on different pillars this time. That once again the pool is not round, but oval once again. They said everything is normal, and they would be out again tomorrow to correct any more problems. They returned on July 2, 2015, and started pulling out on the pillars to try and adjust them, but made it even more worse on the pool being oval. They started arguing with me and my brother, saying this pool is perfectly safe, and it doesn't matter if the pool isn't round, it can be oval and that the pillars don't have to be level, or on the cement blocks, and the bulging at the bottom track, doesn't matter either. I asked him for a full refund. So I can go somewhere else, and he jumped in my brother's face, and told him ,he is an engineer and that he is smarter than the engineers that designed the pool. and he will never give me a refund,and that if I had a problem with the pool he can take me to court and try to get my money back. He said good luck because I have never lost in court. At this point he was yelling at me and my brother, and I told him to get off my property. I am wanting a full refund in the amount of $7,640.81 This is the full amount I have invested at this time. $5,370.81 is the Amount that I paid Tri-States Water for the pool,I paid them by personal Check#1028 Then I paid Brent Wilson the Contractor $2,270.00 in Cash I have receipts for both payments.

I want a Full Refund of $7,640.81

This pool was not installed wrong. This model of pool has vinyl feet which did not slide outward like normal while pool was being filled. This in turn caused a small bulge at bottom of wall. We feel this also attributed to liner having wrinkle where skimmer & return were cut out.

The installer and myself went to the home after customer complained about install. We then inspected the above mentioned problem. I called our factory rep to discuss these problems as we had not encountered this type of problem before. The factory rep told us what needed to be done to correct this issue. We told customer we would install new liner, check the support blocks, level if needed, and adjust vinyl feet. This was all to be done at our expense.

My installer returned to do the work. The job was completed and customer was told to fill pool up to bottom of return and then installer was going back to cut inn skimmer and return. Customer told installer that he had to stay until pool was completely filled (filling with garden hose could take 48 hours). Of course my installer refused which did not make customer happy. We went back next day to check on progress of pool water filling. Customer had turned off water and both he and his brother began arguing with us about still not being satisfied. We tried to explain what was going on but the customer and his brother kept talking and interrupting so we could not have a reasonable discussion. Customer said he was going to take me personally to court, not Tri-States Water. We were ordered off his property and were not able to complete our work. We feel that we did everything we could do to right this situation or at least try to satisfy the customer. Unfortunately we were unable to accomplish this. We do not feel that we owe this customer a refund for a pool and install that is not defective.

I do not accept the response from Tri-States Water.I will accept nothing less than a full refund in the amount of $7,640.81.$5,370.81 from Tri-States Water for the pool and $2,270.00 from Brent Wilson the contractor that installed the pool for Tri-States Water. First of all Brent Wilson admitted to me and my brother that he has never installed a pool bigger than a 24 foot pool. And that it definitely would be a challenge to put up a 33 foot pool. Where Brent got into trouble right off the bat was that he used the wrong bottom measurement for the circumference of the bottom track, and the top measurement of the top of the pool wall weren't exactly the same. And the pool was then and now oval shaped. They have never corrected this from the very first time, Each time they tried to correct the problem, it progressively got worse. It is more oval now then it was on the first installation attempt. I told Brent and *****, that the pillar blocks were never leveled with a laser level.And that the weight of the pillars, were supposed to be centered on the blocks, a lot of the pillars are off of the blocks, which is not safe, that is not the way they are supposed to be. The pillars are supposed to be on the blocks, to support the wall of the pool after it is filled with water. I copied some of the instructions from the Pool Manufacturers Installation Manual, and I showed them to Brent and *****, They laughed, and said that their way was the proper way to install the pool. That the Pool Manufacturers way was not the way to install the pool. That is when ***** said that he was an engineer, and he was smarter than the engineers that designed the pool.That is when ***** stepped in my brothers face and started arguing with him and me.They didn't want to see or hear about the pool instructions. I will write what the manual says in Section 3 ,paragraph a,It says Make sure the pool wall is round. Then it has an Important Note.It says that the pool must be level across the perimeter. A pool that is not level is dangerous an may collapse. Then in Section 4, subsection D ,It has an important Note. It says Make sure that you pool is round, do not assume that by filling up the pool that this will help the pool to place itself into a perfect round circle. Ensure that it is round before filling up the pool with water. Then in Section 1, paragraph K, it says Check the roundness of your circle, by measuring the diameter across in several locations. Since the bottom rails do not automatically form a true circle, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP1 Otherwise you night end up with a slightly oval shape, which can cause problems later on. I mentioned all of these steps to Brent and ***** and they got mad, and started yelling at my brother and me. That is when I told them to get off my property. It was obvious to me at this point, that they really didn't know how to correct the problems. I asked Brent if he even looked the installation Manual and he said that he didn't look at it. The problem that they had with the bottom track, is that they never used fine sand in the outside 24 inches of the pool diameter to let the vinyl feet slide out when the pool was filled with water. That is why they never slide out like they were supposed to. They never leveled the outside diameter of the pool and they used black dirt ,instead of fine sand. But still the biggest problem from the start is that Brent used the wrong measurement on the bottom track of the pool, and it was oval shaped, and every time that they tried to correct the problems, it just made them worse. I have never seen a Contractor use a torpedo level which is only 12 inches long, to try and level a 54 inch side wall of the pool. And to set the record straight, I said that if the owner ***** ****** would not give me a full refund of all the money I had invested in the pool I would take Tri-States Water to court to try and recover my money. I have a lot of money invested in a pool that was installed wrong, and that since 2 more times to try and fix it , they made it even worse. I haven't even got into the pool, that is how unsafe it is. I did have another pool company look at the pool. And they said that it was installed wrong, and that it is not safe to even swim in it. I have a pretty expensive lawn ornament. Bottom line is, this is a very bad install, very bad service, and a very difficult business to deal with.

Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Water Treatment Equipment,Service & Supplies, Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service & Supplies