BBB Accredited Business since 05/01/2004

Dave Munson's Water Conditioning Pools & Spas

01/05/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I had a pool liner installed 4 years ago, last summer. The liner was purchased from Munson and they sent the installer to install the liner for my 28' above ground pool.
Last week, I discovered it had a leak, after being covered for the winter, it had lost a lot of water. Enough that the walls could not maintain anymore and had collapsed, bending the metal top holding the liner, mutilating the side walls and ruining the entire pool.
When tearing the pool down we discovered a hard plastic piece in between the pool cove and the liner that had to have been there since the installation. It had worn through the liner causing the hole, in turn causing the collapse of my pool. I phoned Munsons and asked for the owners. They were not in. I left a lengthy message with a salesman, asking they call me the next day, they did not return my call. I called again and had to leave a message on the answering machine. Stil no return call.
I am having to spend over $4000 to replace my pool and it is a smaller size than the previous one that I had. Liners generally last 10 years. This should not have happened. It was due to human error.

I would like to at least have Munsons pay for the cost of my new liner and installation. However, I do not want the service coming from their store. I do not expect the cost of the entire pool.

In response to the above complaint I find that the above name ***** ******** did in fact purchase a above ground pool liner from us. Munson's did not install her new liner she paid others to install.All above ground work is done by others. She will find that she didn't pay Munson's Pool & Spa to install her liner she only payed for the liner and assorted gaskets.Muson's pool and spa did not install her liner. She also commented about calling the office and she in fact did once. That was on December 15, she left a message that she lost her pool and found a piece of metal between cove and liner and wanted us to be aware of the installers work. This was taken in person and on a work ticket. It said nothing about calling her back an or looking at the pool were talking about.She made a claim to you on 12/21 that's 3 working days to rely before she made this claim. I'm not sure why she wouldn't of wanted us to look at as we had nothing to do with the installation and she knew that as all our customers are informed at time of purchased that we do not install liners or above ground pools but supply them with a few names that do. Now in her letter to you she states a hard piece of plastic? there were no messages on answering machine per my personal.One phone call and she talked with Andy and that's all we have for that. She simply said she wanted us to be aware of the installers work. There are a few issues here that bother me. one with a piece of steal and or plastic this would of been leaking and not just started, leaks or liners giving don't just start without cause we have had a lot of rain since pool closings and I would have to believe that there was a substantial amount of water on the cover causing the pool to collapse as stated.After all its been four years. Had the pool not collapsed I'm sure that what ever was in there would of still been there. Since we were never notified to look at the damage and the pool has been removed there is no way in telling the exact cause at this time. I find claim to be not true as we didn't install the liner, as well as not having the pool looked at to determine the cause is also unheard of.This could of been an insurance claim had she followed proper procedures. She mention she didn't want us to look at it or come to her house which is fine however she know she never paid us to install said issue. I'm willing to give here a new liner for her hassles even though we had nothing to do with her installation that's more than I should as this is not on Munson;s and shes aware of that. Lack of notice to investigate the real cause, lack of time to comply is the question. Called 12/15 made report to you on 12/21 should be reaqson enough to no this is shady at best.

******* was contracted through Munson's or I would not have hired him. I trusted their judgement. He was their pool contractor. I called the store and spoke to an employee, prior to leaving a message. I am not shady. I called my insurance company in attempt to make a claim. They would not cover the pool, as it was due to fault of installation. Had it been wind or rain it would have been covered and we would not be in this situation.
I will gladly take a new liner. I will purchase a new pool and find my own installer.
Thank you.

Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Sauna Equipment & Supplies, Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service & Supplies, Spas & Hot Tubs - Dealers, Swimming Pools- Above Ground, Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies