BBB Accredited Business since 05/01/2011

Twin City Home Remodeling

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Never repaired leak in the new roof they installed.
New roof was installed and completed March 26, 2014. I made payment in full on March 26, 2014 to **** ***, co-owner. Noticed roof leak in early October, 2014, had water damage in both 1st and 2nd story of home. Contacted contractor that day, he stopped by, saw result of leak, said his roofing contractor would repair next day or two. Never got a call or a visit from roofer. TC Remodeling then stopped accepting my phone calls, I emailed them on 11/05/2014. No response to my email.
I finally got **** of TC Remodeling to answer my phone call in late November, then heard from an employee of their roofing subcontractor that did the roofing job for me, Quality Construction and Exteriors. That person stopped by, verified that the leak was caused around the chimney, told us to buy a repair corner piece of vinyl siding, said he'd be back to fix the leak.
After numerous phone calls, he said he had to have his supervisor, "***", call me to schedule the repair. Never heard from ***, got ***'s phone number from TC Remodeling, and have left many voicemails with ***, he will not return my calls.
Have now given up and hired a new roofer to repair the roof this week at additional cost to myself. So TC Remodeling is also not honoring their work guarantee agreement. When the work is completed by the other roofer, I plan to pay the other roofer and ask TC Remodeling to reimburse me the cost. I do not want the same subcontractor doing the repair work, the new roofer showed me pictures of how there was bare wood exposed in two areas of the chimney, so the work performed was not up to code.

I want the business, either TC Remodeling or Quality Construction and Exteriors, to reimburse me the cost of repair by another roofer. The repair will be made soon, depending on weather.

This response is given by **** ****. Co-owner Twin City Remodeling. We agree to pay a reasonable amount for the repairs. The material cost should be minimal and the time to do the repair should not take more than 2 hours. I agree to pay up to $300. If that is not enough then I would like to be present when the repair is done or do the repair personally

I accept the business' response, because they are allowing me to use the contractor of my choice and have agreed to reimburse us for the cost of repair up to a reasonable amount.

04/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Contractor did not properly fit trim after roof replacement. Contractor agreed to replace trim but has not returned for 1 year to do so. Shingling was completed and payment rendered on 4-17-13. Contractor was contacted at approximately 3 month intervals since then to complete the trim, on each occasion the owner Jeff promised to complete trim and has not done so. The last message to contractor on 3/14/14 has went unreturned. Contractor also agreed to reimburse homeowner for landscaping lights and fence damaged by his crew.

Complete promised trim repairs. Provide $200 reimbursement for damaged landscape lights and fence.

Twin City Home Remodeling fully recognizes the validity of this complaint and has plans to resolve this matter within 2 weeks. We fully intended to complete this minor work last year but the weather got so bad, so fast we were not able to

The business has not completed the repairs they promised to make, I do not want to close this complaint.

The contractor has completed all outstanding commitments at this time. Please close the complaint, we are satisfied. Thanks.

04/08/2013Problems with Product / Service

Roofing Contractors, Windows - Installation & Service, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Deck Builder, Gutters & Downspouts, Basement - Finishing, Kitchen Remodeling