BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1996

Buraski Builders, Inc.

06/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They were to replace a bathroom window. The work was to replace the window, with the same size window, with no changes to the exterior of the home.
Buraskii builders was to replace a bathroom window, which involved removing the exterior siding and interior wood window trim. The interior of the window looks great, but the siding, does not fit around the window as it did before the window was installed. There is a large gap of 1 - 1 1/2 inches around the lower one half of the window. The siding before the repair fit tightly to the shape of the window. The gap that is now there will allow water to enter around the window and have access to the interior of the house over time. Jason Buraski has been contacted via email, (his preferred method of contact) to which he did not reply, so on the 4th day after the email was sent inquiries get a out what they would do to correct this issue, I called his office, (May 5)., I was told that he was on the phone and would call me back. More than 24 hours wert by with no returned phone call, so again I called, on May 6, again to be told that he was on the phone. I explained that I had emailed and previously left messages and that no one replied . ***, took my name and information again and said she would have him call. Two hours late I received a call from ***, she told me that he would come to take a look at the window and I would receive an email telling me what would be done. He did not show up on Wednesday or Thursday to look into the problem. Thursday night it began to rain, I again emailed him, and he replied saying that it didn't matter if water got inside my walls!!!! He said that he would eventually come by to take a look at it and let me know what would be done. He still did not come on Friday and I have received no further contact from him. I have already paid them for the window repair and want the exterior trim to be installed as it was around the original window. I believe that the window that they installed is slightly smaller that the original window, this is why the siding no longer fits the window on the outside. Since they were to elate the window with a window equal to what I had there should have been no issue with the fit of the siding.

I want the window that is installed to be the same size as the one that was taken out, so that the siding fits correctly around the window without gaps to let rain, snow, and other debris from having access to the interior of my home. The repair that they made should not have involved changing the exterior siding to the home. Yes, the siding needs to be removed in order to install the window, but when it was reinstalled it should still fit the window without gaps, in the same manner as another window in our home that is the same shape.

This is in response to the complaint made against us concerning replacement of an octagon window that was approximately 16 years old. Attached is a copy of the Proposal to the customer outlining the specifics of what we proposed to do.

When the new window was installed, there was a larger gap at the bottom exterior of the window than there was before. As stated by the customer, "The interior of the window looks great". We should have explained better to the customer as to how we were going to handle the exterior gap.

There never was any danger of water getting into her house. The new window was flashed properly and did not leak. The gap at the bottom of the window was cosmetic only, but still needed to be corrected. We did install a larger trim around the window that covers the gap but it is not satisfactory to me or the customer.

I have talked to the customer and I am meeting today at 3:00 p.m. with her and my siding guy. We are planning on replacing the trim with a smaller aluminum trim but want to show her and discuss it with her before we do it. I am confident that she will be happy with the results and if not we will work with her to get it rectified.

This Proposal may be withdrawn by us if not accepted By:
within 30 days.
r .-£­
Jas-o-nB-u-r-a-s-k-i,-Pr-o-j-e-c-t-Es-ti-ma-t-o-r
ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSAL:*
The above prices, specifications and conditions are satisfactory and
are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work as specified. Payment will be made as
outlined above.
DATE OF ACCEPTANCE:(Client Signature)
(month/day/year)
(Client Signature)
Note: As of April 22, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has imposed regulations
regarding possible lead paint exposure in homes built prior to 1978. Attached is a copy of
the pamphlet entitled "Renovate RightImportant Lead Hazard Information for Families, Child
Care Providers and Schools" along with an acknowledgement form on the back page for your
signature. If renovated areas contain lead, additional costs will need to be incurred to comply
with the EPA law and will be an additional cost to this Proposal.

Construction & Remodeling Services