BBB Accredited Business since 09/24/1984

Meinders Air Duct Cleaning, Inc.

04/03/2013Problems with Product / Service
07/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Work was not performed as requested and was unsafe. Company didn't take enough time to complete the work completely and in safe manner.
On May 27, 2014 your work crew performed Air Duct cleaning services at *** ******** Drive in ****** Illinois. This appointment was requested by me to be performed at my sons' home. In addition you were told that I would be making payment and to send the statement to me.
I was out of town during the scheduled work and my son met you with his family. After the work was completed I received feedback on what was done.
It was reported to me that not all ducts were opened as was requested. This was confirmed with a follow up inspection. In addition visual inspection showed debris in the furnace area.
You confirmed that the entire job took only thirty-five minutes. It was also observed that your crew was in a rush and took no time to review the work being done with my son during or after completion. It's quite obvious that thirty five minutes is not nearly enough time to do a thorough cleaning of a home's HVAC system!
In addition to that there was an incident in the living room involving the usage of your air tool. Your worker suggested that the sound level would be high. My son said how high and your worker responded pretty loud. Before my son was given an opportunity to remove his 6 month old twin infants that were in the room in their car seats, the OWNER said quote, 'JUST DO IT'!!! Your inappropriate action immediately caused my grandson to scream and cry loudly!
YOU didn't prepare the work site to be a safe work environment!
For these reasons I believe you failed to complete the work requested in a through and safe way. I will not be paying for your incomplete and unsafe service!

Release from payment due and apology letter sent to my son and his family for causing emotional distress to my two infant grandchildren!

our policy is and always will be that anyone that is not satisfied with our work will never have to pay for the job. A apology letter will be in the mail on 6/18/14 to Mr. *******.

Air Duct Cleaning, Heating & Air Conditioning, Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Sweeper, Duct Cleaning