* Compare estimates from at least three contractors.
* Obtain and check references.
* DON'T fall for high pressure sales tactics. Sleep on it!
* Ask for proof of insurance/bonding.
* Check with local suppliers.
* Ask for a completion contract and don't sign the final
release until you are completely satisfied.
* Obtain a Waiver of Lien to protect you in the event the
contractor does not pay his suppliers.
Check out all companies with your BBB and the Illinois Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division before you sign.
General advice reports are meant for informational purposes only. The BBB does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any product service or company.