In Central Georgia & the CSRA

BBB Accredited Business since 09/25/2006

Williams Roofing & Construction Co., Inc.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

06/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue

Complaint: will not set up appointment to come out and inspect roof they put on for leaks
have called several times and waited for 4 weeks for them to come see about the roof they put on. We have discovered a few leaks and need them to tell us why it is leaking we understand that workmanship is out of warranty but we still need to know what is going on

Mr. *******, we apologize for our apathy and any inconvenience we may have caused you. We strive to give each and every customer 100% satisfaction. Unfortunately there are oversights and we are constantly searching the ways to improve. Thank you for the opportunity. Have a blessed day.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
oompany sent roofer out to inspect - locsted possible leak - which he sealed. Roofer left his number if we still experience problem.

05/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: Williams roofing punctured a whole into my A/C line. I hired Williams roofing around Feb. 2014. I paid Wliiiams $10,036.00 for replaced my roof. The roof itself it fine. However, a acouple days later I noticed no heat or air was coming out of the air vents. I called *****'s heating and air on Feb. 28,2014. I have provided a copy of their report that states. "No refrigerant in system. Customer just had the roof replaced. Found leaking on refrigerant line in attic due to roofing nail. Both myself and Mr. ***** attempted to reach Williams roofing to assist in resolving the issue. Mr. ***** needed him to come out there and cut a hole where the line needed to be replaced so that they would only need to replace that portion of the line. Because ***** nor I could get Williams to come out and do this, *****'s had to replace the whole line. We attempted to reach Williams for about 9 to 10 days before deciding to replace whole line. i did speak to Williams once and he stated there was a clause that stated if any thing is within 2inches of roof decking they are not responsible. My concern is that with or without this clause, Mr. ******** and I discussed the exact location in regard to the line and I was told they would watch out for it. After many calls Williams never came out to even see if the nail was over 2 inches. At any rate, We discussed avoiding the line being punctured and I was made to feel assured that they would be careful around that area.

I spoke with Mr. ******* myself after ****** came out and informed him of the apparent nail puncture. I reminded him of the clause in the contract which he signed. (A copy enclosed) this was the first time I had spoken to him. Mr. ******* and myself never discussed any thing regarding a refrigerant line, it is possible he could have mistaken me for the salesman ****** ****** Mr. ***** has worked with me several years, he is a professional and as such is held accountable for any and all contract or information delivered to my customers. The refrigerant line is one of the last things done in new construction, it is flexible and when installed if not careful will be shoved to roof decking. Without removal of decking and HVAC contractor on site which is an expense that Home Owners are not willing to incur, we are forced to put the clause in our contract. No one can predict if the line is vulnerable and the occurrence is 2 out of 100. Home Owners generally have their own HVAC contractor that has to come out and fix it or the warranty is void, which leaves me with no control of cost after trying this for years and not being able to use my HVAC contractor (I have a General Contractors Lic. in Ga. & SC) we seen prices ranging from $2000.00 to $400.00. When I spoke to Mr. ******* I offered to open the roof he said Mr. ***** would charge $1200.00 to do that, his claim that they attempted to call us 9 or 10 times to meet is inconsistent with our phone records that date back to March 31st (we have online viewing of all calls). We did have a missed call from ****** at 1:14pm 4/29/14. I returned the call at 2:50pm the same day. I am willing to pay $300.00 which is the cost of the work I agreed upon, done by me. It is disingenuous of Mr. ******* to say we assured him we would warranty any item we have already warned could happen. Our roofing nails for all our shingles are 1 1/4" it is impossible to hit a line more than 2" from decking, only 3/4" actually penetrates beyond the decking as code calls for minimum 1/2". Sorry for any problems, we value Mr. ******* as a customer. Thank you, ***** ********.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
Stated in BBB office and verified by consumer:
Williams Roofing did talk with Mr. ***** in my yard and plan to schedule a time to come out and rip a hole over the line so Mr. ***** could weld the hole the nail punched through. he never did contact Mr. ***** again to arrange the work. Therefore, Mr. ***** had to do the whole line and replace the freon. If Williams roofing had come out as promised *****'s would not have had to do the whole line, just the patch where Williams was to cut a whole for him. The offer of 300.00 is ridiculous as I have spent 1500.00+ dollars to repair due to the hole from the nail. I would at least appreciate Williams paying half of that as it would not have cost that much if he came out with Mr. ***** as promised.

********* *******

We have never had a schedule to work with Mr. ***** or his associates. I spoke with Mr. ******* personally, he was to contact us with a schedule (I never spoke to anyone at *****'s.) We think $300.00 is fair seeing that contractually speaking we owe nothing. The $300.00 is a effort to resolve a very unfortunate incident beyond our control.

05/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: This company cut corners, didnt stick to contract, has done multiple tasks wrong then blamed us for the mistake. They've passed the completion date.
The shed that was built was built with stored materials that were damaged or discolored. they installed windows stored so long the color was faded and the windows wouldn't open. plus, it was supposed to include a switch, outlet, and light that has still not been installed. The roof work done started with then using the wrong color, then the company complained because we wanted it redone. Also the so called cricket built behind the fire place was and is still wrong and serves no purpose. they didn't do all items in the contract signed.the work has been going on for 1.5 months now and was suppose to be completed in 3 weeks. when it came to replacing the ceiling they hung new Sheetrock over the old damaged Sheetrock. it was so bad that the subcontractor they hired to do the job refused to do it and walked off the job site. i can only imagine what problems will arise when it comes to the carpet replacement. The entire company has no communication between employees. Plus, the owner has an attitude problem with anybody who questions his orders, including customers. He is more concerned about profit than the quality of the job. i am highly disappointed in this company and the A+ BBB rating was the main reason i hired them. There is not a single thing about this company that is A+ on any scale.

To Whom It May Concern,
All work was done to local & national building codes & above standards. Work performed exceeded contract, which called for insurance repairs only (ex. furnished & installed 642sq. ft. sheetrock hung & taped walls & ceiling x1.50=$936), water diverting cricket behind chimney=$75, 7sq. selo-flex water proofing system above existing black roof @ $450sq.=$3150 (mat.& lab), 3 new interior doorsx150ea.=$450, and everything else paid by insurance. (except reconnect wiring to new shed built w/new material at or above state & local codes, 2nd layer of sheetrock installed above existing layer which is code when correct size fasteners are used, majority of work was supervised by Mrs. *******'s nephew which claims to have prior experience (whether he does or doesn't we don't know, gut we do know his inexperience in the industry cost us time & money), Mrs. ******* claims we went to insurance adjuster behind her back en-fanatically denied, its customary for any insurance claim with all major carriers to pay profit & overhead for any claims requiring the use of a general contractor that generally defined as using 3 trades or more which was the case in this claim. Mrs. Donahue was told we would contact the insurance company as far as we are concerned its still an outstanding balance of $1415 (Overhead & profit). All work has been completed as of 4/18/14 after working in hostile environment since the beginning.
As far as time factor goes we signed contract on 2/22/14. Started work 3/10/14, completed shed & all exterior work by 3/14/14 (1st. check of $5000 which was agreed upon by all parties to be collected after exterior work completed was denied to us by nephew because Mrs. ******* on a cruise, was instructed not to pay us). We finally received 1st. payment on 3/17/14 in the amount of $3000. Immediately we started work inside. Sub-contractor that left job wasn't familiar with installing drywall atop of existing drywall (not smart enough to explain that). Never did we agree verbally or in writing to finish in 3 weeks. All damaged sheetrock was removed & replaced with new before new sheetrock put above in accordance with insurance contract. as of this date Mrs. ******* has an outstanding balance of $2493 according to her punch list all items have been ok'd verbally (we wrote in verbals in the punch list, this means she told us everything ok all others were initialed by Mrs. *******. As for personal attacks I will keep it professional & say we appreciate Mrs. *******'s business we are sorry any problems arose during the fulfillment of contract, we sincerely regret that our character was called to question. We believe now as always that the BBB will investigate & come to a logical conclusion.
Thank you for your patience for the time it took for my response to this allegation, seeing we were already in the middle of a very tedious situation, and we didn't want to make it worse.

***** ********,
President of Williams Roofing

10/19/2012Problems with Product / Service
02/28/2012Problems with Product / Service

Roofing Contractors, Windows, Windows - Installation & Service, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Gutters & Downspouts