BBB Accredited Business since 07/13/2012

Noah's Ark Pet Shop

04/15/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was sold a full blooded ********* ******* puppy only to find out when I had him neutered, he is a mix breed *************** They won't refund.
On May 5, 2015, I bought a full blooded ********* ******* from Noah's Ark Pet Shop. I followed all instructions on the purchase papers i.e. having him checked by a vet to insure that he was healthy. I recently had him neutered only to find out that I have a mix breed dog. Turns out , he is a *************** better known as a ******* This is not a recognized breed. I have all the original paperwork with sales receipt and registration papers for the **** which I cannot do because he is not full blooded as the paperwork says. The store owner told me I needed to bring all paperwork, sales receipt and the dog to the store. And I did. Then he accused me of not bringing the original dog. He wanted bloodwork. That would mean I had to spend another $200.00 on top of the original $650.00. I have no bloodwork from my dog to compare it to anyway and neither does the store owner!! He would not even admit that this dog does not even look like a *******! By no stretch of the imagination! Look, I just want my money back. I feel like I have been cheated. Yes, I love my dog, but that in no way justifies fraud. I have all the paperwork and Vet bills where he got all his shots and I can probably get all his grooming bills too. This is the dog I bought, just not the dog I paid for. Thank you, ****** *****

A refund of $650.00.

We would like to help you with this issue, but in order for us to present this to the breeder, we need you to supply us with 1) a statement from your veterinarian saying that they solely treated your puppy from the initial puppy check up, to present. And an explanation of the reason why this problem was not addressed at the initial puppy check up 48 hours after purchase as stated on our contract signed on May 5,2015. This statement needs to be notarized by a notary public. 2) We need a DNA test preformed by your veterinarian and processed by a certified lab. The findings also will need to be notarized by a notary public. These conditions must be met by no later than May 13,2016, a 30 day deadline. If it is indeed found that the puppy is not a ********* ******** and a ************** mix we are willing to grant you a $325.00 refund and a reimbursement of the cost of the DNA test up to $100.00, but no more than that. After the stated deadline date of May 13,2016, this matter will be considered closed and no further actions will be taken.

1)I have had two vets for said puppy. As a little puppy, he looked like a ****** in size and color and we had *** papers on him so why would we have a DNA test run to check? And you only want to refund HALF my money??? Because businesses like yours can cheat people and get away with it. Sad world where you can't trust people to do honest business anymore.
2)It seems to me that you 'need' me to do all your work for you to check out YOUR BREEDER. Why haven't you already done this? That's another responsibility of yours that you have failed at. If you want DNA, by all means, you pay for it because half of my money returned is not acceptable and I can not put any more in.
3) I am very disappointed that you do business this way. Something as simple as an apology and a refund would have been so much better for both of us as I tried convey when all this began. Now I feel cheated and can't recommended your business to anyone.

We Apologize that this is how you feel, but due to the situation at hand, our prior request still remains the same.

Pet Shops, Aquariums - Lease & Maintenance, Lawn & Garden Pond Dealers & Supplies, Pet Supplies & Foods - Retail, Pet Grooming