BBB Accredited Business since 01/20/2012

The UPS Store - 1914

05/02/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Delivered 3 cartons to the UPS Store completely wrapped and ready to ship except for attaching the pre-paid shipping label. This store charged $1 per pouch for supplies that are free at ***** and the Post Office. Called the UPS hotline and was told UPS supplies are FREE.
Product_Or_Service: Shipping pouch
Order_Number: 3

A Refund would be nice (had to buy 3 labels for a total of three bucks),
but want this store and its branch at ********* ** to stop charging customers for supplies that UPS provides for FREE.

We did not sell you any UPS supplies. Please look at your receipt there is no tax. No tax means no items were sold. It is the service charge we charge when we need to help any pre-paid shipments. There is a notice right at the scale, clearly saying that .Generally we use tape to tape the labels.

UPS expects its customer to make sure all prepaid shipments ready to go when they come to drop of the packages, and this is mentioned mostly on the labels.

The Clerk TOLD ME she was required to to charge for the pouches and not any type of service. If I had not already waited 15 minutes to be served, and the sets of boxes had not been 25 lbs each, then I would have taken them back, driven across to the UPS ***** to get free pouches.

We get lot of drop off packages and many of them require taping, extra packing or sticking the labels. For those packages we tell the customers that it needs taping or packing and the service charge starts from $1.00. I am not sure why she told you like that. I never heard my employees telling any customers like that. I will talk to the employee. We have a sign posted. And of course as you said , A very few customers drive across the town to the ups , which is about 15 miles. Its all about convenience.
Its on the label (front or the back) to stick the label on the box and the ups expects their customers to stick the label and make sure that shipment is ready to go before coming to drop off the package.
We take drop off (PrePaid ) Packages which are ready to go. We charge, if the shipment needs taping, boxing , packing or even sticking labels to the shipments. Some shipments need service some need materials and some need both.

02/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went to UPS in order to ship a package to someone who bought an item on ebay. They had specific requests for delivery and packaging. He had a post office box address but asked that it be marked for "pick up" instead of delivery. I thought it would be easier to have UPS box it, since they have to package it for insurance purposes. I filled out the address form and asked them if they would be able to ship it to that address and have it marked leave for pick up. They said of course no problem. They packaged the item which cost me $25 and then informed me that they couldn't ship to post office boxes and that it is common knowledge so I should've known. However, I asked, showing them the address before they packaged it, if they would be able to ship to the address and mark it for pick up not delivery. I was in a hurry because it took so long that I was late to pick up my children. I went back the next day to find out it would cost $75 for them to ship it for me via ***** **** is across the street. I asked if they would refund my $25 since I never would've had them package it had I been told that they couldn't ship to that address which is when they told me I should've known (despite having asked first) and would not refund the $25. They told me it would cost more at **** anyway so I might as well ship through them (which they were going to send via **** anyway). I took the package to **** to see and it was $50. Had they been upfront with me before packaging it, I would have bought the supplies and spent max $10. I know $15 doesn't seem like a big difference but they were dishonest and also lied about **** service. I have been told by the employees that the owner is not one for customer service. He is more worried about the money than his customers.

I doubt I can be refunded. I do want others to realize they may want to avoid this particular UPS store. Do not expect customer service. They say what they need to...they won't your money and will likely overcharge you.

*****,
I received your complaint from BBB. I have no idea of what happened and whom you worked with. I want to talk the employee(s) that helped you and told you about me. I will take appropriate disciplinary action based on the facts.

When did this happen:
Who helped you when you first came in
Whom did you talk when you came back?
what were you shipping ?
I also sent an email to your email address.

******

Mailing Services, Printers, Fax Transmission Service, Packaging Materials, Packaging Service, Copy & Duplicating Service, Office Supplies, Photo Copying, Mail Box Rental & Receiving