K & N Construction, Inc.

11/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Carpet and hard wood floors
carpet installers came out to see the problem and said that the carpet was rolling up due to the ice storm this year because house was not at a good tempature due to no occupied at time. We purchased the home after the ice storms. I am told that by carpet company that they will need to reinstall the carpet . The hard wood floors are separating. I went to K&N and asked to call me and had has not called.

I would like for K&N to pay for the reinstall of carpet and the moving of the furniture and repair wood floor that are seperating.

02/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

K&N ignored repeated requests for warranty work as provided in the contract. K&N refuses to support their work, or honor their warranty.
We closed on a house built by K&N in August, 2012. Included in the contract was a 1 year warranty on any defects or workmanship issues that arose. We were told they would contact us in August 2013 to set up an appointment to do a walk through and schedule any repairs.

Several issues came up during that year and we awaited this contact with a list of issues. No contact was ever made. We tried several times (at least 4) to contact K&N via phone and email, including the owner's personal cell phone, at the end of August 2013. We never received a response from K&N. We feel that they ignored our calls/emails purposefully, and we consider this a refusal to honor their obligations of support and service.

On December 13, 2013, right during a cold snap, both of our heating units stopped working. I called *********************** to come inspect/repair both units, since they are a Rheem service provider. The technician told me that both systems were installed very poorly. In his words, "It looks like my 12 year old installed these." There was debris and contamination in the coolant lines that could have only been introduced during install. There also was very sloppy wiring on both units, which caused one of the thermostats to fail. I scheduled a repair for 2 weeks out, to give K&N a chance to try to make it right themselves, while not wanting to wait too long due to the weather.

After finally getting ahold of the owner of K&N on his cell phone, I told him the issue and that I wanted this third party to repair it, since it was the original subcontractor that caused the systems to stop working, and I wanted an authorized Rheem dealer to do the repairs. I asked K&N to back up their sub's work, since the failures were directly caused by their sloppy craftsmanship, and to reimburse us the cost of the repair. I sent K&N a copy of the estimate that day. I never received a response during those 2 weeks, even though I called every day to ask if there as anything else they needed.

I have called K&N probably 20 times since the repairs were done, and they never answer a call from me, or return calls. I always leave a voice mail. I will get an answer right away if I call from something other than my cell phone, but If I call from my phone, K&N never answers, and I leave messages. The only time a call was returned call was when I threatened to sue. K&N said to send a copy of the invoice for repairs and I did that on December 27, 2013. I haven't heard a word from K&N since, even though I have called to ask about the issue several times. I'm assuming that K&N is refusing to support their subcontractor's shoddy work, and is intentionally ignoring any phone calls or emails from us.

The repair invoice for faulty wiring, repairs of the coolant system, and a new thermostat was a total of $1,220. Also, the home warranty repairs that were ignored still need repair, and again will we probably have to use a third party to make those repairs due to K&N's refusal to even answer phone calls or emails.

$1220 dollars for the heating repairs.

We have a copy of the email we sent in early September listing 5 areas of concern for warranty work, and would like this work done, or the cost reimbursed so a third party can fix them.

This is a copy of the list:

1) Many loose slats in the hardwood floor that pop when stepped on. Appears the glue has not adhered properly
2) Cracked tiles and in all bathrooms due to settling
3) Many spots of grout being cracked or missing altogether.
4) The shower leaks water all over the floor when in use, and we are concerned about water damage/mold even with towels down to keep the floor as dry as possible. This is also a safety issue since the floor can be very slippery.
5) Nail pops in several rooms and the garage.

Contractors - General, Home Builders