BBB Accredited Business since 06/11/2008

Aiken Augusta Renovation, Inc. (AAR)

09/17/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

AAR failed to support the 2 year warranty on installed gutters after poorly installing them.
AAR installed gutters for my condo association, ************** ****** AAR poorly attached the gutters and they began to sag within the warranty period of two years. ****, at AAR was contacted but wanted more money to repair. I presented their cost to *** Board and got back to him. When he finally responded, he raised the price. After several attempts and slow response to my request several months passed while the gutters got worst. II requested a partial refund to cover cost of another company making the repair. AAR failed to respond.

AAR breached their contract.

I would like for AAR to refund a part of the cost for installing the gutters inororder that we can maintain their shabby work.

In response to Ms. ******** Complaint, I would like to point out that this is not a warranty issue. The fascia board that the gutters are attached to has separated from the building. We installed the gutters, not the fascia board. We did go out to the house and attempt to address Ms. ******** concerns. That is when we discovered it was the fascia board which we explained to Ms. *******, that whoever installed her fascia board used finishing nails which is not the appropriate nails to use. We offered to repair the fascia board for Ms. ******* for a price and I do apologize that I have been busy and delayed in getting back to her. If Ms. ******* would like us to repair her fascia board we will arrange a time to do so, however, since the gutters are still attached and it is only the fascia board which is the concern, we will have to charge her for the repair as Aiken Augusta Renovation is not responsible for the whomever previously installed the fascia board.

This company put up rear gutters on 3 buildings. After having major issues with our 6 condo unit building the owner was was contacted regarding the problem during the warranty period but he failed to respond in a timely manner. When he finally came out to investigate, I was given several reasons as to why the gutter was coming down. He offered to repair it for $1000. I told Neco, the owner that I would present it to our *** Board at the next meeting which happen to be in a couple of months. When I gave him the go ahead to repair he doubled the price. We chose to use someone else for the repair. We had several companies give us quotes, all less than $1000. They ALL explained that the gutters had two problem (1) they were not attached correctly and (2) the downspouts were pushed up too high for the water to drain.

Since initiating this complaint we have had to repair gutters on all three buildings for the same problem. The gutters were not attached properly and pushed too high for the water to drain.

I would not recommend this company for two major reasons. They DO poor work and DO NOT honor their warranty,

Construction & Remodeling Services, Windows, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Patio & Deck Builders, Painting Contractors, Home Improvements, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractors - General