Craig's Automotive Masters

12/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My truck was brought into the shop running and I was charged after they said it cant be fixed and towed home in pieces.
On Saturday ***** was in charge and I brought my 95 chevy Silverado in for a noise. ***** told me it was the fly wheel and he had to pull out the transmission to replace it. I was told to bring it back monday to fix it. Upon doing so ***** the owner took my truck in and when I was called later and told to come down to the shop. ***** informed me that he was wrong I need a new engine instead and he cant fix it. I was told I own him $220 for the work he did. It would be another $220 to put itback in the condition it was in when I brought it in. This is my work truck so I am without a job now so I paid the $220 to have my truck pushed into the next parking lot and I had to have it towed home. The shop has left me with no other options for work now.

I dont trust the shop to put the truck back so I would like for them to pay for someone else to fix my truck

We told Mr. ***** his flywheel was making noise the transmission would have to be removed to replace the flywheel. Estimate to replace flywheel was $580.00 plus tax. We removed transmission and the holes in flywheel were messed up but it was because the crankshaft was broken in which we had no way of knowing until we could get to the flywheel. I called Mr. ***** to come down and show him the crankshaft at which point I told him he needed a motor because that is the fix for a broken crankshaft. I told Mr. ***** we could put a new motor in for him but he said he could get a used one off the internet for $300.00. I then said okay so your going to put a used $300.00 engine in it so do you want me to put the transmission back in or leave it out because he was going to have to remove it to put engine in. he asked me how much to put it back in which was $450.00 labor that's $75.00 times 6 hours labor or if he wanted us to leave it out it would be $220.00 which was the amount of time it took to remove it. We could have repaired it but a new engine through us was to much for him but we are not going to install a used $300.00 internet motor and then be liable for everything that could go wrong with that purchase. It was his decision for us not to put the transmission back in but his flywheel did need replacing and the reason for this was broken crankshaft which no mechanic can tell without removal and inspection.

I brought my truck in and I drove it there so I paid them to take apart my truck and he informed me that they were wrong and he would only replace the motor with a brand new one which would cost more than the truck is worth. I dont feel I should have to pay $450 for a miss diagnosis to have my truck in the same condition when I dropped it off.

Auto Repair & Service, Brake Service, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems