In Central Georgia & the CSRA

12/27/2011Advertising / Sales Issues
08/10/2011Problems with Product / Service
10/29/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: The business lied about the completion of the deal and dishonestly took possession of the vehicle.
My daughter ******* **** purchased a vehicle and her salesperson was ****** and she left the location with the vehicle and a few weeks later the finance company called her and stated that ****** had not submitted any of her paperwork including her checkstubs. I resubmitted some new checkstubs to ****** and again the finance company stated that he let the time elapse and needed to redo the entire deal. She received a call from **** at the location on Greensboro Highway in Eatonton, Georgia and he told her to come to their location to sign more paperwork. When she got to the location, ******* came in and told her that the deal did not go through and she would not be receiving her 250 deposit back because they used it as a rental payment because she had the car for over 3 weeks. My husband and I talked to ******* who told us that our daughter signed papers stating that if the deal did not go through, they would charge her $25 dollars a day for rental. She signed no such form. He told me to talk to her salesperson ******. We tried to talk to ****** and he hung the phone up on us 3 times. We talked to the receptionist who kept us on hold for over 10 minutes while looking for a manager and then she hung up on us. We called back and she took several messages and our phone number and there was no return phone call from a manager. We attempted one last time to talk to ****** and he hung up on us again. Before hanging up on us the 2nd time, ****** tried to sell us a vehicle or to get us to cosign for our daughter. He never mentioned anything about this form that our daughter supposed to have signed and when we asked him about it that's when he hung the phone up on us.

Faxed copy of signed bailment agreement. Customer could not prove income.

The company stated that the purchaser (My daughter) could not prove income when I faxed copies of ******* and *******'s income to the salesman and he lost them. The finance company called my daughter and stated they never received the checkstubs and I sent in another copy of their checkstubs which was never received by the finance company and they said that since the time lapsed they will have to restart the deal all over again and that's when ***** ****** wanted the vehicle returned. I feel that the salesman deliberately lost or held on to the checkstubs so that they can keep the deposit and resale the vehicle because this is not the first time that this has happened. A friend of my daughter's warned her of this before she even went to this company.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.

10/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Invalid or false contract

Complaint: I stated all information down below.
Better Business Bureau:
First of all let me introduce myself. My name is **** ******. I am a hard-working young lady that walked into your dealership on August 8, 2011. I was greeted by a Mr. ***** ******. Mr. ****** is a sales person at your dealership. After seeing the 2011 Toyota Corolla, I simply loved it. This purchase would be my second purchase of a new Toyota car. My first was a Toyota Scion purchased in Southern California.

After I decided yes this was the car I wanted, Mr. ****** directed my to a Mr. ***** *****. I am assuming Mr. ***** is the person that your office has assigned to the financing department. Mr. ***** told me that the new Toyota Corolla started out at $22,000. Which later I am finding out Mr. ***** started the price about $5,000 more than the actual sticker price. Mr. ***** than proceed to ask me if I wanted a protection plan. Of course being a single lady and having limited knowledge about maintenance, I agreed to have that plan added. Ultimately, Mr. ***** set my monthly plan at $439.40 for 72 months. I told Mr. ***** I felt that payment was a little too high for my budget. However Mr. ***** told me that I would be able to refinance my car after one year if I made all my payments on time. So, I agreed to the initial payment plan.

Recently when I went to finance my car, I found out that Mr. ***** added a $5,000 additional fee to my car masked as a protection plan that included protection that was already covered. So basically I have two protection plans that do the exact same thing. For example, the protection plan included three years of oil changes and Mr. ***** knows that when a customer purchases a new Toyota it includes two years of free oil changes.

Mr. ***** has not only misrepresented himself as a knowledgeable finance person, he has misrepresented your dealership and the Toyota brand as a whole. Mr. ***** has taken advantage of a loyal Toyota customer and put the creditability of your business at stake. I would love to continue my relationship with your dealership and be able to say that I am a happy customer and recommend other young African American state employees, family and friends to this dealership and Toyota as a brand.

I am hoping that Mr. ***** and Mr. ****** did not intentionally make this error and it was a simply administrative error. As a viable solution, I would like for your office to work out a lower payment plan for the remainder of my term and consider taking an additional fee from the final amount owed on the Toyota vehicle.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to your response.

**** ** ******
Loyal Toyota Customer since '2005

We invited the customer in, gave her multiple options including lowering her payments, refinancing, etc. to solve the issue. The customer refused.

Louie Herron Toyota gave Better Business Bureau inaccurate information. I had one meeting with Mr. ****** ****, a sales manager, at Louie Toyota. Mr.**** tried to offer me a new car worth $20,000 and take $2,000 off the value of the car. By doing this I will have to trade my car in,sign a new contact and receive new interest fees. I already paid $9,674.50 on my car. This offer was an insult to me. I asked the Mr.**** to ask the owner,Mr. ***** to contact. Mr. ***** has made no effort to contact me.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

01/18/2013Advertising / Sales Issues