BBB Accredited Business since 08/09/1993

Butler Lexus

04/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Lexus sold me a car for a total after tax of 18,420 when my car is worth 6,500. Lexus says they will take my car back and put 12,500 towards the loan
On August 31, 2012 I, **** ******* and my father, *** ******* went into Butler Lexus in Macon, Ga. and purchased a Lexus 2006 250 IS for $18,420.93. Butler Lexus car salesman ******* *****, showed us a car fax and said the vehicle had been involved in an accident but was just a minor fender bender in the rear of the car. Never showed us the full report but TRUSTED THEIR WORD that it was minor and nothing to worry about. I moved to Charlotte, NC in September and decided to trade my car in at **********************. I was shocked when I heard my car was worth 6800.00 due to severe damage from a wreck the first owners had been involved in. I didn't believe it and requested a full report (one that I was never shown) to see what the Cadillac dealership was referring to. I couldn't believe what I was reading! The car I bought from Butler Lexus was almost fully totaled and had severe UNIBODY damage to it. I contacted Butler Lexus and spoke to the general manager, ***** ******, who at first couldn't believe they made such a careless mistake but after checking into it, called me back and was very apologetic. ***** ****** said he didn't know how the heck the car got past them with the history on the report. ***** ****** also said a mistake like this had only happened there one other time. ***** ****** acted like he was going to negotiate a deal with me and put 7000.00 towards my loan but then changed his attitude when my father, who co-signed for me, got involved. (I am the signer, my father is the co signer) I tried to call ***** ****** last week to inform him I do not agree w the deal being made and requested him to call me. I still haven't heard from him as of 03/07/2014. I also informed him in a voice mail left I was contacting BBB.
The manager, ***** ****** did offer a deal to my father to turn the car in, lose all the money I've paid on it ($6,906.50) and PAY BUTLER LEXUS 2000.00 to complete the loan.
Which puts me close to negative 9000.00. I also cannot refinance the car for what I owe on it because the value and condition of the car was not fully disclosed at the point of sale. Lexus Auto finance was able to provide me a line of credit for an amount MORE than what the car would appraise for with the REPORTED unibody damage, HOW WAS THIS POSSIBLE??? I feel like fraud was involved In this from the beginning. I'm shocked Butler Lexus thinks I this is good business!!!!
I went to a Lexus dealership because I wanted to ensure I was buying a QUALITY VEHICLE, which obviously is far from what I got. I'm extremely upset about this and expected far more from a Lexus dealership. Any additional advice to help get this resolved is greatly appreciated.
**** *******

Lexus is offering 12,500 to put towards the loan but that leaves me out of all the payments I have made toward the car as well as an additional 2,000 out of pocket to complete the loan...with NO car! I would like Lexus to take the car back and give me my payments made toward the loan. I shouldn't be out of 6,000 because they sold me a car that wasn't even suppose to be on their lot and worth half of what I bought it for. I don't think it's fair to put 7,000 towards my loan when I have already made about 6,000 in payments and then will still owe approximately 6,500 on the car. That will leave me buying a car for around 12,000 when it's worth around 6,500. Lexus is completely at fault for having this car on their lot and causing me and my dad a lot of stress dealing with this issue.

Butler Lexus has repurchased vehicle in question for the amount of $12,700.00 Butler Lexus without any prior knowledge sold a vehicle to customer that had a unibody damage disclosure at auction. This disclosure was only discovered when customer attempted to trade vehicle and dealer used a AutoCheck history report to help appraise the vehicle. The implication of fraud from Butler Lexus is completely without factual foundation. Butler Lexus uses Carfax history reports which did not reveal a unibody disclosure. Carfax history reports are required by Lexus and our insurance provider. Carfax history reports are available on all of our used cars prior to purchase (on internet and at dealership). Butler Lexus in an effort to satisfy customer offered to repurchase vehicle from customer at a valuation that reflected a vehicle in excellent condition at a private party value (which is substantially higher than trade-in value) without any type of unibody damage designation. Customer request to repurchase at full loan value and make all back payments does not reflect the actual potential damages in value that customer may have suffered from unibody damage disclosure issue. The outcome was agreeable to co-signer of loan (Customer's father). In fact, the final settlement of $12,700 was offered by father (co-signer) and accepted by dealership. The dealership deeply regrets that the vehicle had the damage disclosure issue, but the dealership provided a valuation on the vehicle that was beyond any amount that would be attained on any similar vehicle (without a damage disclosure). Customer has since signed agreement that $12,700 was accepted and dealership would not be responsible for any further obligations/damages. Dealership feels that this case has been resolved.

11/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My vehicle was serviced on two separate occasions, I was charged $504.38 for repairs, and the issue described is still recurring.
I am writing to inform you about a frustratingly upsetting service experience I received for my "2007 Lexus IS 250" from 10/8/13 to 10/11/13.

I drove my vehicle to the Butler Lexus dealership in Macon, GA from my home in Cochran, GA, an hour-long drive, for the scheduled 110,000 mile service on 10/8/13. I explained to Ms. ***** **** that I was experiencing unexplained wet carpet and floor mats on both the driver and passenger sides, front and back, and inquired as to whether there may be a clogged air conditioner drain or other problem that could be investigated and fixed. When I returned approximately 4 hours later to pick up my vehicle, I paid $504.38 for the 110,000 mile service, repair of the A/C drainage gasket, and for the installation of air filter replacements.

When I entered my vehicle the next morning on 10/9, I observed the same excessive amount of moisture in the back seat floor. I immediately removed four wet clear mats, four wet Lexus floor mats that had mildew and mold growing on the rubber backing, and also observed wet carpet throughout the entirety of the vehicle. I placed the wet mats outside to dry, and left all the doors to my vehicle open in an attempt to allow the carpet to dry.

After several hours, I found the inside carpet still very wet, so I called the Butler Lexus office in Macon, GA and informed Ms. Bert how extremely annoyed I was, as Ms. ***** had assured me the carpet and floor mats should have been dried before the return of my vehicle. Ms. **** dispatched a driver to pick up my vehicle and deliver to me a loaner vehicle for the afternoon of 10/9.

The dealership returned my IS 250 on 10/11 at 9:20 AM, during which time they also took possession of the loaner vehicle. When I entered my vehicle at 11:30 AM, I inspected beneath the floor mats and found a significant amount of moisture on the rubber backing that will continue to cause additional mold and mildew if allowed to persist. Therefore, I do not believe the issue to have been satisfactorily resolved, despite the two service attempts.

Further, when I started my vehicle, I observed that the low fuel light was on. My car registered six miles of approximate range of driving. After immediately traveling to the closest gas station, I had less than two miles of approximate range and was forced to pay a higher price for gas than my usual choice of gas stations, which are located in an adjacent city.

It is clear that the carpet in my vehicle was either not thoroughly dried before the return of the vehicle after the second service attempt, or that there is still a water leak of unknown origin. Also, it is an undisputed fact that my vehicle was returned with a near-empty gas tank, which is not the condition in which I transferred the vehicle while in the care of Butler Lexus of Macon, GA.

While I have always serviced my car on a regular basis, and have never declined any action where service was recommended, I am outraged with the Butler Lexus service department's inability to correct the problems and restore my vehicle to normal operating conditions.

I had fully intended to trade-in my vehicle and purchase a new Lexus SUV in the near future; however, with this level of inferior maintenance and the unsatisfactory communication of a set of expectations with regard to the service performed on my present luxury vehicle, I will certainly take my future business elsewhere, unless some action is taken to address the multitude of failures I have experienced over this past week.

***** ** ******

I am seeking to have the dealership properly repair my vehicle such that the issue is fully resolved, and to refund me for charges related to prior repair attempts that did not fix the described problems.

Customer complaint covers service repairs from 10/8 to 10/11 concerning water leak. On or about October 16th, Butler Lexus removed and clean floor pan area of vehicle. In addition, carpet and pads were replaced with new lexus parts at the dealership (and Lexus expense) at a value of over $1,000 with no charge to the customer. As well, $30.00 of gas was put in customer car. I made one attempt to contact customer via phone to disucss if October 16th repair was satifactory to customer. Butler Lexus regrets that first attempts to address situation did not go well but hopes repair of Oct 16th was a satisfactory outcome. Please let us know if more help/assistance is needed

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Used Cars