BBB Accredited Business since 09/14/2009

Window World Of Ocala

09/09/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

failure to complete the contract.

6 July 13 received a letter from Window World requesting the status related to completing the installation. I contacted them and told them to go ahead and arrange the final inspection with the building department. Later that day I received a phone call the inspection was scheduled for the following Thursday. I told them that was fine. That has the only thing that was said. The following Thursday. From 9am that morning till 1-1:30pm I had been watching the Zimmerman trial, No one had called, realizing I need bread, I took my cell phone with me and ran to the store. When I return I noticed a pink slip attach to the permit. A notice saying they were there to inspect the window installation but no one was home. I called the building department. they told me they do not call to arrange inspection times. Plus,I was told that I would have to pay for a re-inspection.

I called Window World and told them what happen, and they told me that they told me that the building department doesn't call and that I would have to sit and wait all day. I would not or ever except those terms. I'am not qualified or know the law when it comes to the installation of window or how the building department operates in the state of Florida. This is what I have Paid Window World for. In Ohio, where I just moved from the building department or the sub-contractor always call that day to let the homeowner what approx time they will be arriving. Subcontractor's always present there own work. not the homeowner.

Window World Contract pertaining to permits- states Window World shall be responsible to the Customer for obtaining permits if they are legally required to perform the contract. No place in the contract says its the responsibility of the Homeowner to obtain a final inspection.

I paid for a window installation which in the state of Florida requires a permit. Window World was paid in full. and they paid for the permit. Iam requesting a final inspection approved by the State Building Department with Window world representation, or licensed installer to present the installation and answer any questions.

We regret any inconvenience it may cause for a customer to have to stay home for a final inspection but due to the inspection process this is out of our control. As per the complaint involving 3 different entities we feel that Window World should be held harmless to the complaint as an inspection is between the homeowner and the local building department. As noted on July 6th WW arranged a final inspection with Mr. **** and Levy County which we do for our customers an average of 10 times a week. We always stress to our customers that we can only specify the date of the inspection and not the exact time. Due to the inspectors work load we cannot determine how long it will take for each of his inspections during the day this is why we stress to our customers that they need to be available ALL day. Mr. **** states that he left his home somewhere around 1:30 and said that when he returned from his bread run he had a pink slip attached to his permit stating that he had missed the inspector and would now have to pay a re-inspection fee for missing his appointment on the day that he agreed to. We contacted the building department and were informed that there documentation states that the inspector was there at about 4:00. We fail to see how we could have changed this scenario. We are only a middleman between the customer and the county as far as inspections are concerned. Every other aspect of the job that we can control has been handled properly.

Windows, Garage Doors & Openers, Doors - Installation, Doors - Patio, Doors, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors