BBB Accredited Business since 08/14/2000

Bill Pentz Well Drilling and Pump Service, Inc.

04/04/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hired to correct well water "sewer" smell.
His work made it worse.
I emailed this company explaining my problem with my well water on Jan 4th 2016. I never was contacted. I call the company on or about Jan 12th 2016 and he came here a few days later to check it out. I told him that I had the water checked by Orange County Health and was told not to drink it. I told Bill Pentz that i believe i need a new well. He said No you don't need a new well. Said he will fix it with a deeper submersable pump. He did this work on Jan. 18th 2016. Within 2 weeks the water was getting worse again. I called Bill Pentz many times. Finally on or about Feb. 18th he installed automatic Chlorinator. The smell is now like a strong bleach. We still cannot drink it or cook with it.
I have called Bill Pentz several times with no response. His company has pushed me and my $2500.00 aside. If i wanted bleach water i could have put the chlorinator on without spending $2500.00.
I feel like I've been ripped off by Bill Pentz Well Service.

I want drinkable and potable well water. If not just put things back the way they were and refund my $2500.00.

The response to the above complaint was completed March 31, 2016, using your on-line Complaint System. I was using
********************. When I finished, I was looking for a link to print the response, the complete response was wiped out.
The response is reconstructed as follows:

The consumer's complaint that I was hired to correct the "sewer" smell of the well water was an issue that was discussed
as well as the consumer said he wanted the same repair I had done for his next door neighbor's well. The repair included
disinfecting the well, pulling the old pipe from the well and installing new pipe, installing a submersible pump with a K-packer
and later installing a chlorinator pellet filter.

During investigation of this complaint and communicating with the consumer, a copy of a letter dated June 3, 2015, from
Florida Department of Health-Orange indicated the bacterial sample taken on June 1, 2015 of the consumers water was
unsatisfactory and not to drink the water at this time until the well was properly disinfected and re-sampled.

The results of a water sample test taken by a private environmentalist on March 31, 2016, has not been finalized. The
consumer was at the well site when this test was done. Initial discovery may involve a sewage pumping station located
nearby. This response will be update as more information becomes available.

I am working with this company to solve this problem. I contacted this company because I had met Bill Pentz at my neighbors house. My neighbors problem was not the same as mine. My statement at the the time was that "I believe I need a new well drilled". Bill Pentz said he can solve this without putting a new well in. He said that he would put in a submersable pump in deeper than my present piping and pump.
I have not got the results from the new water tests. I will continue to work with this company to resolve this problem.

Water Well Drilling & Service, Water Filtration & Purification Equipment, Water Wells - Pumps Sales & Service