Hilton Grand Vacations Company LLC (Headquarters)

420 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 151 closed in last 12 months

01/29/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

My complaint is concerning the selling tactics of the Hilton Grand Vacation company.
I am a Hilton Honors Member and I stayed with Hilton and then was transferred to Hilton Grand Vacations where they tried to sell me a timeshare. The hotel they put us up in California was not very good and we had to switch rooms several times because of the poor accommodations (which is a story for another day). To top things off, the Spend a Night Certificate gift I received which supposedly was good at Hilton properties such as Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree, etc. is not actually good at any of those, its only good at an actual Hilton hotel, which is not what I expected when I was being sold this bill of goods by their company. It's bad enough they spent hours of my time showing me their timeshare, then put me up in a sub-standard room, then the gift I receive for all this is not really worth anything.

I would like Hilton Grand Vacations to provide me with a Certificate which I can use at any of the Hilton family hotels, not just the actual Hilton.

From: Imtiaz A**
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:06 PM

Complete

Contacted the guest and advised that once the guest sends us a copy of their SNAU certificate and folio information we will process the refund on their SANU certificate.

www.hgvc.com *************

I am satisfied with the response I received from Danny M*** from Hilton. Thanks,

01/29/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

After selling me a package, they are trying to charge extra to schedule specific days of the week. This was not disclosed initially.
I purchased a 3 day, 2 night package for a specific sum however, when I was called back to schedule the actual stay I was told it would be an additional 99.00 to stay on Thursdays to Sunday.
This was not disclosed when I made the initial purchase.

I am requesting a full refund.

From:***********
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:12 PM

Complete

Contacted the guest and advised that the weekend fee was waived and the guest has booked dates.

01/22/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I agreed to a charge for a weekend vacation at one price, only to find an additional, undisclosed charge due to a "weekend fee" that billed separately
I am writing this to complain about Hilton Grand Vacations, which I was connected to when I applied for my Hilton Honors membership. HGV is a fraudulent, "bait and switch" scam where you are offered discounted lodging in return for agreeing to a two-hour sales pitch about properties. Once a person has made the commitment, hidden fees pop up that quickly alter the discounted price and make the stay a horrible deal. The telephone sales reps are highly skilled, and announce the great "come on" prices while quickly running through, or failing to announce, additional fees that can add up. My history to date with this:
- I originally booked a package last August for Las Vegas. We paid the room fee, but we didn't set a date, and finally decided to try something closer to home. While still deciding, we incurred a $50 delay fee...I discovered that if I didn't book within four months, the fee was automatically charged to me, but would be happily refunded as soon as I booked.
- We decided to book for New York City, and did so just before Christmas, and a price was agreed upon. It was expensive, but I didn't want to entirely lose our already paid room and delay fee. When I got my credit card bill, I found an additional bill for $113.61. When I called, I was told this was a "High Season Fee," and that the salesperson had discussed it with me. I disagreed, as that additional fee made an already expensive stay exorbitant, given that we would still have to sit through a two-hour sales pitch. Their initial offer was to split the fee...they would give me half back. Now I knew I was being scammed. They said they would check the recording of that call and call me back.
- I got my callback and was told that they were satisfied I had agreed to this robbery. Oh, but it wasn't a "High Season Fee" but a "Weekend Fee," which means if you want to stay over a weekend, a fee is added onto the original price. This is outrageous and has never happened to me at a Doubletree or Hilton Garden Inn...when I book a room I'm told the price, and if it's a weekend or high season that price is factored in automatically, I don't get two separate bills.
- So we now know there are delay, high season and weekend fees. Who knows what other hidden fees were out there waiting for us?

As a result, I want nothing more to do ever with Hilton Grand Vacations. I have cancelled the reservation and disputed the charges on my credit card. I would like a refund of the money that I have already lost to them, as I now believe the entire enterprise to be a consumer scam that falsely puts out one price that rapidly becomes a horrible and exorbitant one.

They should cease the practice of putting out one price tag when the real cost, which gets billed separately, is then applied. This is a "bait and switch" scam of the highest order.

Hello,

Our guest has been contacted and advised their marketing package has been canceled and refunded. Refund may take 3-5 business days to post in their account. Please close this case.

Membership Support
HILTON GRAND VACATIONS

Hilton Grand Vacations has completely refunded my money and I am entirely satisfied with this response.

01/21/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The vacation package described at the point of making a deposit was not reflective of the actual package bought-there are extra fees and restrictions.
I put a down payment on a vacation package through HGV. The sales representative confirmed that I could refund, that it would allow 4 adults, and that there would be no additional fees unless I sought additional services at the hotel. When I went to finalize the booking, I was told that it is for 2 adults and 2 children, that it would cost $50 per night more to upgrade from children to adults. I was also told that it would cost approximately $150-199 per night for high-season reservations. I was told that to receive a partial refund, I would have to book a less expensive package and get the partial refund.

I am seeking a refund of the $299 down payment.

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:28 PM
Cc: ***********
Subject: RE: Work Order Number ***** - ((WO#*****))

Complete

Contacted the guest and advised that the package has been cancelled and refunded.

www.hgvc.com *************

The response matches the service I expect from Hilton.

01/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hilton Grand Vacation Club will not issue a refund for a reservation cancelled more than a month in advance.
The Hilton Grand Vacation Club contacted me to book a room in order to hear a presentation for a time share. I booked a reservation then found out that I could not attend or book travel to Orlando for personal reasons. They would not issue refund and even though I notified them in advance that I could not attend and I notified them more than a month out. They do not offer a cancellation penalty or anything. It is lost money. This brand should not be associated with the Hilton Brand and I DEFINITELY plan to write a letter to the CEO of Hilton to express my concern.

I would like a refund of of $167.63 to my credit card.

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:16 AM
Subject: RE: Work Order Number**********************

www.hgvc.com *************

I have received communication from HGVC representative Danny M*** stating that I would receive a refund at least 5 days after his email on 11/23 but I have not seen it post to my credit card yet. I would like to keep this open until I actually receive my refund.

Hello,
I am happy to report that the Hilton Grand Vacation Club made a refund to my account as requested.
I would consider my case resolved.

07/24/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sales presentation promised if we bought this property and were unsatisfied, then the Hilton company would "buy it back" or sell it for more. Bogus.
In 2011, we went to a sales presentation in Orlando for the Hilton Grand Vacations Club. We were told all of the benefits of the program without being told any of the drawbacks. Our sales representative's name was Caesar I****, and he was very friendly, but told us lies. He said that if we didn't like the product after trying it (a 4800 every-other-year points package), the HGVClub would buy the property back from us, and re-sell it. I asked whether the property would hold value, and he guaranteed that it would appreciate, so that if nothing else, we were making an investment that day that would grow, even if we never used the points. So we put our life savings down on this property, a 2-bedroom condo in Myrtle Beach that we were told was a mere "placeholder" that would allow us to vacation for free in other Clubber's condos around the world.

Needless to say, one horrible vacation, a ton of surprise fees, and four YEARS later, we were ready to sell. It was not buyer's remorse, since we had tried every which way to take advantage of the points we had purchased. Every month or so we'd get a sales call from HGV asking whether we wanted to take advantage of more promotional outings which cost much more than typical overnight stays we could have found on our own (with some simple research).

The program is so full of caveats and special rules that we hated trying to book a trip and will never try again. All we want to do is sell, like we were told we'd be able to, but we cannot. Everyone we phone at HGV is so apologetic but completely unhelpful. They cluck their tongues and sympathize but don't do anything to help or rectify our problem with the program. We have told everyone we know to RUN AWAY if ever they hear of a "Hilton Grand Vacations" offer. It is by far the worst thing we've ever done financially, and we wish to save others from our troubles. Our account number is *********. We paid $13k for the package. We paid up front, since we work hard to save for big purchases instead of using credit.

I'd like the business to deliver what they promised: To sell or buy back our property at an appreciated amount.

From: Member Support (mailto:*************@HGVC.com)
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:59 PM
Subject: FW: HGVC 2011 PURCHASE : Work Order Number *****

Orlando Sales Management has emailed Mrs. *******.

T ************ xt. **** F 407-722-3710
www.hgvc.com ********@hgvc.com

From:******************
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:54 AM
To: Member Support
Subject: FW: HGVC 2011 PURCHASE : Work Order Number *****

HI Member Support
Below is the email the Sr. Sales Manager sent to the ********. Please close the work order.

Pat C*******

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:54 AM
To: *****************
Cc: ****************
Subject: FW: HGVC 2011 PURCHASE

Here is the e-mail that was sent on May 13th. I have not received a response.

Thanks,***

From: **************
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:36 PM
To: '***************@gmail.com'
Subject: HGVC 2011 PURCHASE

***************, I just received and e-mail in regards to your 2011 purchase. I have been researching your account and you past HGVC travel. I want to make sure we are both aware that the 4800 Bonus Points were converted (three different occasions) to HH points. In 2013 4000 Club Points were used for a 6 night stay reservation at The Surf Club of Marco and the remaining 800 points expired. Hilton is very focused on customer service and doing the right thing, If you believe you were given incorrect information and have any documentation that supports the (buy it back) program could you send it to me, I would really appreciate it.

Al K******
Senior Manager
Hilton Grand Vacations

The business's response told me what I already know -- that we converted our points so as not to lose them permanently when we were unable to travel for pleasure. My original question has gone unaddressed. The original complaint was that we were told (orally, no record) by the sales rep named Caesar I*** that we could sell back our property to Hilton if we were unsatisfied, and this is untrue -- we have been lied to, and are not satisfied with a "recap" of our account activity, of which we are already painfully aware. The response I received does not offer to make anything right at all. Are we stuck with this horrible property forever? Am I missing the alternative suggestion that the "Senior Manager" has offered? No, because no help was offered, just a reminder of what we did with our points in the last few years. Nothing could have been less helpful than this manager's reply.

01/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hilton took base pts vs bonus pts which released my unit unknowingly to me. So I lost my unit for that year. No one informed me this was happening.
We purchased timeshare in Mar. for week 51 for Kingsland HI 2 BR that was worth 10,000 or so points. We received 30000 bonus pts for use on addl stays as an incentive to buy the unit. They indicated we couldn't pay the unit off for 2 months for paperwork reasons. Once 2 months passed we paid it off in full. I booked a long weekend in FL for an Oct stay for 1700 points. When booking via phone bonus pts were supposed to be used, but the rep did not do so. He also did not inform me that by using 1700 of my 10,000 would release my unit for Hilton to resell. I am shocked that they released it without any acknowledgement, notice or warning. If I had been told this was happening there is no way I would have booked that trip.
I found this out after I called to let Kingsland know we were coming and they said its not available. I called my salesperson and she told me because I booked that weekend it took my base points because my bonus points weren't in my account so I lost the unit. How was I supposed to know they werent in there? I told the guy about using the bonus points and he didn't say anything.

This is an unfair practice that is completely in Hilton's favor by not informing the unit owner of these things. By not informing us, they now get to rent it to someone else and hopefully make another timeshare sale.

I feel I am out $4,700 because that is what the unit is worth according to the Redweek timeshare rental/sales website.

I want Hilton to change their policy to let the consumer know the unit will be released if you go forward with the request before they release it through at least an email notice and/or mailed notice
More importantly, I want compensation for my unit of $4,700.

Hello,

Our Director of Sales in-house, ***** ******* is currently working in getting our members desired week. Ms. ******* has been in contact and will continue contacting our member with updates regarding their reservation.

*** *****
Customer Relations Specialist
Hilton Grand Vacations

I lost a renter for my unit due to this ordeal which was for $4700. I have emails to prove it. I wasn't able to find a second one in that short of a timeframe or use it personally due to the short notice. I also have not seen any updates or changes to their notification process when a transaction is processed having the consumer acknowledge what they are doing in an email prior to any unit being released.

Hello,

The Home Week reservation for the dates requested was confirmed on 11/20 and a message left with our member.

*** *****
Customer Relations Specialist

02/01/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

HGVC is an immoral, unethical sales organization taking advantage of consumers.
Bought into HGVC timeshare. Sales person sold us on HGVC and our specific desire to go on more "skiing" vacations. We purchased ************* in Park City Utah. We are not able to book ski vacations because the sales rep sold us a "gold" week unit which we cannot book during ski season. My other issue with HGVC is the fact that they are selling "real estate" at 2-300% of its market value without disclosing this fact. How could they sell ANY timeshares at this value? I would not have bought if they were factual in their representation of our purchase to "SKI" and the value of the property. The sales rep also told us Hilton would buy back the property at a better rate than the open market because Hilton does not want to devalue their product. Well, they don't care because they do not buy back anything. Now we're sitting on a debt of $18K that's worth $5K. This should not be legal.

I want a ski week in "Platinum" season which is what the Hilton sales rep said we could get. I would be willing to trade my $18K balance on a gold week 4200 point one bedroom unit for a platinum week studio without any additional fees.

Please find below message sent to member. Sales Representative has attempted to contact the ******** with no avail.

Please close this ticket.

T********************** F 407-722-3710

From: *******************
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 2:49 PM
To:********************
Cc:******************
Subject: Hilton Grand Vacations WO#*****

Mr. and Ms. *******,
My name is Chris M******. I am a Sales Manager at *********** by Hilton Grand Vacaotions. I have tried to call you a couple of times to discuss some of your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience. I am in the office Tuesday through Saturday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. Thank you for your time.

Christopher M******
Sales Manager In-House

T ************ F ************
*********************************, Orlando, FL 32836
www.hgvc.com /******************

02/01/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Asked to 'Exit the hotel' upon stay by extremely rude staff on the front desk. Hilton does not honor timeshares and provides misleading information.
This was by far the worst experience we have had in staying at any hotel and yes we travel quite a bit! And while having a time-share, due to (as usual) no availability we PAID out of pocket as when paying in cash, ALL and ANY hotel rooms in any Hilton Grand Vacations are available!

My Details: HGVC OWNER #: ***********

Where do I begin? Let me break everything down:

1. The Room: The showers had hot water coming according to its mood when it felt like it. The TV had the worst reception - NO HD in today's world, seriously! The kitchen smelt like someone had cooked plastic in it a few minutes back! In the dodgy presentation, we were shown the rooms we got conned into in this same very hotel! The room we were given was NOTHING compared to what was shown which leads me to believe this Hilton timeshare is a complete SHAM!

2. On the day of the check-out (10/25/15), I called at 10:30am as I completely overlooked that check-out time is 10am and was rudely told to EXIT the HOTEL immediately on the phone by the receptionist! My brother has been in the hotel industry for 17 years and has NEVER HEARD of a check-out time this early nor a staff member asking you to 'exit the hotel immediately' and I had only called to request an extension for an hour as my uncle needed to get ready and we woke up late! I was shocked! I then went downstairs in my pajamas and I had my 70 year old visiting uncle with me and I have never ever encountered such RUDE staff in a hotel! Another guest standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME was told; sure you can check out any time you like. It honestly lead me to believe that the hotel staff was simply being racist towards my color or I do not know what they had against us!

3. I went to the place where we had taken our presentation a few years back as it was the same hotel and asked (in fact, I literally begged) to help me get off this sham of a timeshare I was conned into getting since it had given me nothing but headaches, only to be told that sorry 'we do not deal with anything here and call the corporate office' which of course no one responds to as I have been trying for a year - this email is another one in the long trail; but the SWEET sales lady making a fool out of some old folks there had the audacity to offer me to BUY MORE POINTS!!!

Is there NO WAY to get out of this??? I would honestly advise anyone to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from this scam! I honestly regret the day I signed up for this crap!

And if I pay cash, do I not receive any points??? I had specifically given my Hilton honors numbers and was told I will get points, NOTHING THERE I checked online on my account!!!! You guys serious need to get your act together.

All my correspondence with you since day one I have a record of. Every complaint, every ignored email. I sincerely hope you are also keeping a record of this as I will make sure that once I provide all of these as evidence to my lawyer he can make an honest case against you all since (as usual) I am not expecting ANY replies or acknowledgements from you. Plus, I will make sure I post this on any blog, website or social media I will be coming across to expose the real truth behind the HGVC and Hilton time-shares and help people to stay away from this SHAM!

For the last 4-5 years, every time we want to book a vacation using our points, we NEVER EVER find any availability (even 5-6 months in advance) for whenever WE want to go! It always seems that OUR vacation is DECIDED on Hilton's discretion! In the last 3-4 years, we have basically paid $150/month plus $1000 every year in 'maintenance' fee and have stayed 4 days in Las Vegas, NV in a one bedroom junior suite. It DOES NOT ADD UP!!! I can stay at the ******** or **** in Las Vegas, NV for much cheaper and for much longer plus be respected and not get disrespected and disgraced and made to feel so low!! It is utterly shameful, disgusting and demeaning!!
Please refund me for my stays!

From: Member Support *******************************
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:21 AM
Subject: FW: BBB Complaint Case# *****************************************

See correspondence attached.

This case was handled by the HGV Las Vegas Strip Resort Director and HGV Club Owners Service Resolution Specialist.

Please close this ticket.

T ************ xt.***** F 407-722-3710
From: **************
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 3:13 PM
Cc: Member Support; ********************************************
Subject: RE: WORST STAY EVER!!! RUDE STAFF!!! RUDE!!!! HGVC on the Deceptive 'FAR END' of the Strip!!

Hi*****,

I spoke with Mr. ***** and apologized for the deficiencies he encountered during his stay. He thanked me and said I was the only person in two years to call him back?? He said he has been trying to sell his timeshare because the numbers do not add up. He cannot take vacation when he wants it and seems he can only use his points when Hilton wants him to use them?? Didn't quite understand what he was saying but I apologized for that also.

He then apologized for being loud and belligerent when he came down to the desk and I told him its ok and that I understand how he felt if we told him to "exit the hotel immediately". I did look at the video and he did appear to be very loud. I also asked all of the agents and PBX if they remember saying that to him and they all responded that they would never ever speak to a guest like that and demand them to leave the property. They also said we were granting late checkouts on that Sunday so they were not sure if there was some misinterpretation or language barrier that took place. He does speak very fast and there were a few times I had trouble understanding him.

I asked him how I could help him moving forward and he didn't know. I'm really not sure what else we could do. He is adamant about the numbers not adding up and what he pays compared to what he gets does not make sense to him. I told him I would contact Club and see if there is any insight that they could provide. *****, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Domenick T****
Resort Director

T ************ C ************
***********************************************
hgvc.com ***************
Please close this work order.

I just spoke with him and he doesn't want any help using the club. He isn't happy about the amount of points he used for his stay in 35- half his points only for 3 nights. I tried to explain how to use his points and get more from it but he doesn't want to hear it. He doesn't want help using this. He only wants out of the contract. I let him know his only option is resale. He says he will get a lawyer as he has all of his emails over the years to show what he has gone through.

He kept going back to his stay at 35 and being "kicked out" and I continued telling him he already spoke with the resort manager and I can't help him with that- only with club and using it. He doesn't want it.

I am going to email Jan in resale to call him with resale options- but again, he just wants to cancel and walk away.

Thank you.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬_______________________
Lori B*******
Senior Resolution Specialist, HGV Club Owner Services

Hello ********,
As I had explained earlier, I was told over the phone upon calling the front desk to 'exit the hotel immediately' and that is when I had to come down in my pajamas after my wife called the hotel manager (from home in California) as I told her what had happened and then I had to talk to the front desk lady who was simply rude.
Yes, I had told you that you were the only person to have called me after 2 years, as till today - except yourself I have NOT received any calls on how to cancel this dodgy timeshare.
Let me again explain HOW the numbers do not add up to what I was told on originally signing up for this contract which I had told you over the phone also. Every alternative year I get to have 3600 points. This year we had to use 1700 points to stay for 2 days in a Hilton in Vegas. Then to stay in Hilton again, I was to use another 1700 points which I decided to pay cash for at your hotel. I currently pay $156 every month plus maintenance fee to HGVC, which mind you has gone up since my signing up by approximately 40% in three years! So a simple calculation of $156 x 12 + $1000 (maintenance fee) = $2872 for 4 nights in a hilton in Vegas!!!
Now, as you say I talk fast so you could not understand me...As far as I remember you did not ONCE ask me to speak slowly. But I am not here to discuss my 'talking fast'.
I have also written to the Attorney General's office, the Nevada state, Florida state and California state to look into this timeshare matter in detail and they have all sent me acknowledgement letters that this matter will be looked at in detail.
In this country nobody is above the law and if Hilton is a huge chain but making a fool out of people (especially older people) of their hard earned money, I personally will fight for it till an amicable resolution is found as this is just plain wrong and should be considered corporate robbery.
Whereas my stay is considered, I had written to you guys in detail on what had happen, how bad the smell in the room was, etc. Nor did you have the courtesy to add this stay to my Hilton Honors on repeatedly asking you guys to do so (I have all email trails of it).
Any decent business would be either returning my money or at least talk about compensation instead of telling me that I talked too fast!
Thanks in advance.
****.

The customer relations specialist was not able to speak personally with Mr. ***** and make the offer of bonus points; the specialist has left messages on Mr. *****'s voice mail but he has not returned our calls.

We will continue calling Mr. ***** for a final resolution.

All Best,

T********************** F 407-722-3710

01/29/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Hilton hotels deceptively transferred me to this highly aggressive marketing scheme, whose employees would not take "no" for an answer.
On December 29, I called the ************** in Temecula Valley to cancel a reservation. I was transferred to the reservation team, which completed the cancellation, and offered to set me up with an H-Honors rewards number with 500 points and a credit for a future Hilton stay (presumably for completing a survey, but details were not given). Upon being transferred, but without the new employee acknowledging this additional sales pitch, they began asking questions of whether I wanted to stay in Vegas or Orlando. Knowing this was a timeshare pitch, I tried to inform the representative on the other end that I had no time for their pitch, no time to go to Vegas in the next year, and had already been through a presentation from Hilton. The representative was polite, but overpersistent and did not listen to the multiple "no's" that were lobbed in his direction. A manager then came on the line and continued to try to get me to take their offer. I made it clear that I would not be giving them any credit card information, and that I didn't care what "deal" they had, I wasn't in a position to take advantage at this time. I also stated that I felt they were being aggressive and making me uncomfortable, and that I wasn't having the best feeling about the Hilton brand based on our current conversation. This went over the MANAGER's head, and he continued to attempt to sell me on a vacation package. I reminded the manager that this reflected poorly on the Hilton brand, that I as a potential customer did not feel comfortable, and that as a customer, I was not being served. I then stated that the BBB would love to hear about our conversation and hung up. I'm not following up on that promise. I completely understand that large companies are numbers-driven and must grow, but at what expense? These types of sales tactics completely dismiss the expressed will of the customer, even when directly stated over a dozen times in my case. I understand that these practices aren't exactly illegal, but they are waaaaaay worse than what we portray the "evil" banks to be. This aggressive marketing is disingenuous, is not looking out for the customer, and I would love to know the conversion rate on these "offers" that are sold in advance; I'm sure they pay for themselves.

I would like Hilton to act as a market leader and example. First, I want a direct apology from the highest possible contact at Hilton Grand Vacations...with NO sales pitch attached. Second, I want assurances (and I will check) that these aggressive tactics are stopped at all levels going forward; nobody should ever have to go through the high-pressure phone call that I experienced yesterday....ever. Most importantly, I want to interview management...publicly, and for ******* broadcast. In today's information age, the public (i.e. the people who hand you their money) has final say in what they believe to be fair and acceptable social practices. The time for the aggressive timeshare pitch is over. So I would like to invite Hilton Grand Vacations to directly address how they will change their approach; what is their new value proposition, one that doesn't come at the expense of integrity? How have the current relationship-destroying tactics been justified to date, and what will be done to change them? And finally, I've been to timeshare talks with both Hilton and ********; why yours over theirs, especially when their marketing process is much more friendly?

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:35 AM

Complete

Contacted the guest and apologized for how the call was handled and advised that we have submitted for 5K Hilton Honor points to be credited.

T 407.722.3162 ext.***** F ************

01/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

HGV refused to honor divorce decree instructions to transfer title, ownership and possession of time share granted to wife.
Visit HGV Corporate Offices at ********************************* the week of October 11 as I was staying at the HGV at *************** that week. The office directed me to the offices located at 6355 Metrowest Blvd. #180, Orlando. I spoke to Mary O**** who said they would not honor the divorce decree with an executed Quit Claim Deed because the notarized QCD needed two witness signatures instead of one and said I was have to discuss the matter with their legal attorneys. She said she would have them call me which they did not. I traveled back to Florida on December 2015 and consulted with an private attorney who said that no QCD is required as the Divorce Decree would be the only thing required. I immediately contacted HGV *************** ext. ****. Their I was referred to ************ at the HGV Title at 6355 Metro West Blvd. Ste 180 in Orlando; the office I originally visited the week of October 11, 2015 who said they would have the title legal department contact me which never did. Today, 12/18/15 I called the ************ number. They said they would send me some forms for me to authorize. They said I needed to send them $399.00 (one check for $349 to HGVT and one check for $49 to HGV). They said they would send the form via email. They asked for my email address which I indicated was the same on file and proceeded to confirm the email; including spelling each of the letters. I never received the forms. I have spend travel funds to resolve this issue and they are sending me to the exact same office I visited in person and now when I call, they are not faxing me the appropriate forms to get this timeshare in my name. Please help with this matter.

I would like this matter resolved expeditiously and the transfer title fee reduced and/or waiver given the expense I have incurred (transportation and Quit Claim Deed fee) incurred unnecessarily.

These are the event for this issue:

Mrs. *********************** was advised of the title companies to assist her with correcting the deed. The deed wasn't prepared by Grand Vacation Title (GVT) nor *******************. Copy of the documents were forwarded to GVT on 10/13/15.

The member came in on 10/13/15 to our office
She provided a Quit Claim Deed
We reviewed QCD and determined that it was missing 2 witness signatures and legal description was missing the interval control #
We gave her the number to *** and advised her to contact them so they can help her correct the deed
She came back same day stating she spoke to *** and was advised to talk to our legal department
We apologized for that and that we would forward to our title company we have in house (GVT) to help
Information was provided to GVT to contact her on 10/13/15 follow up on 10/22/15
Mrs. speaks to an attorney which advises her that divorce decree is enough to remove ex-husband
Mrs. calls Club in December and gets transferred over to GVT
She speaks to someone in GVT which advises her that they would send her some forms and cost of $399
She didn't receive the form

We spoke with Mrs. ******* and we are not able to assist her and referred her to contact her attorney. Her deed is missing two witness signatures and she cannot get the other party to resign the documents as they are in Mexico. The only way we can assist this owner is if the other party is willing to sign.

Please consider this case handled.

T ************ xt.****** F 407-722-3710

01/22/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Requesting cancellation and full refund of $ 111.38 for Hilton Garnd vacation package(conf # **********)not yet booked due to deceptive sales practice. prob /purchase date:12/14/2015;payment amt $111.38 by American Express.
Company did not provide a written contract or full disclosure of terms prior to charging my credit card. During the telephone conversation in which this package was offered, there were several incentives promised. One of which was the promise that I can use the package for all 11 different destinations. I will see all the destinations in the email which is promised to be sent right away. But I never receieved email and after three days, I called back. I was told that I can only choose Orlando location. I felt I was misled and asked for reviewing the recored phone call . Customer service staff (MariaVictoria M********) said she can refund me the charge. But after she spoke to her manager, she told me she can not refund the charge. I find the company is conducting false advertising and is completely unacceptable.Having been a Hilton Honors member for many years I would have expected a much higher standard of ethical behavior from a Hilton affiliated company.

Full refund of the purchase price of $113.38 and full cancellation of package without penalties or additional charges of any sort. This should be considered a full settlement that discharges any further obligations on either party.

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 11:50 AM

Complete

Contacted the guest and apologized for how the package was handled and advised that the package has been cancelled and refunded. Also advised guest that we will honor a $100SANU Certificate or 10K Hilton Honor points. Guest will contact us on which one they decide.

www.hgvc.com ***************

03/12/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Hilton represented that I can recoup my initial investment at any time by selling my timeshare back to them. That is not the case.
I purchased a Hilton Grand Vacation Club timshre about 17 years ago for $12800.

The representative very clearly told us that there was absolutely no risk on our pert because Hilton would purchase the time share back from us at the same price we paid for it if we were not happy.

When I tried to sell it back to Hilton recently I was offered $4500. A loss of $8300.

I was also told by Hilton that if I wanted to purchase another identical timeshare, they would sell it to me for $27000. So the value of the timeshare did not go down, it only went up!

The Hilton representative completely misrepresented my risk.

I believe that Hilton should be required to purchase the timeshare back from me at a fair market rate. If they are selling the timeshare for $27000 then I would think I deserve at least something in the low $20000 range.

But I might be willing to settle for my initial investment adjusted for inflation, which according to CPI inflation calculator is $18590

10/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hilton Grand Vacation sold me a vacation package. We were told that it was not a time share but it really is. They were not forthcoming in there sales presentation. When I tried to use the plan I ran into problems even finding a property that was in the area we wanted to stay. The person making the reservation called it a time share. During the sales presentation we were assured this would not happen. I called the salesman.This was within the 10 option to request refund. He said he would slow things down and gave me the corp. customer service number. I was transfer numerous times, talked to so many people I lost count. I was also dropped off the call several times. No one would take responsibility. Finally. I was told that I would be called back but that never happened. By this time I transferred to a resale dept. During the presentation I was told that Hilton had the first right to purchase plan back. As the salesman said "Why wouldn't they" but that also turned an offer by an outside company after I talked to a Hilton employee. The out side contractor wanted to give me $2000 only days after I obligated my credit cards (3) for an amount of $14,631. I have disputed the charges and AMEX is investigating.Hilton pushed us into applying for AMEX credit with low interest rates because they said they would have to charge too high of a rate if they financed. This lets Hilton with no financial obligation. I was put in a room of at least 40 with presentations being given at the same time. There were at least three rooms where the same thing was taking place. The presentation is confusing the salesman calculating. I'm sure this has happened before because he knew just what to say to pass the buck and not honor his 10 day refund. He refused to return or take my calls. I saw many older potential clients there.
Account_Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Total refund applied to my AMEX credit cards. $14,631.33 as long as AMEX agrees not to charge interest.

Vacation Timeshare, Travel Clubs, Guest Ranch