Central Florida

Orlando Vacation Rentals Services

09/04/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

This lady agent, was hired to manage our vacation home property including bookings. She did not inform us in December of 2012 that she had passed on her the booking business to a separate person and caused us under false pretext to lose money and refuses to pay us the agreed amount. We reluctantly kept quiet as we were not able to visit Florida due to travel for work over a long time. Her management was very, very poor. When we eventually visited, a lot was not done and we were constantly being charged more and more. Soon we began to question a lot of these charges and the fact that we began to have so many, many complaints with our guests like never before! Partly due to her poor management we sold one of our properties in Aviana community as this lady has managed to dorminate the community under the umbrella of HOA. Yet we were never able to get straight answers from her, for bills. Especially bills we believed we had paid for. Even after we the took time to write a break down and ask her for her re-check. Barely 4 weeks after we had left Florida in on May12, next guests arrived about 14 days later, and found smelly garbage we had left and she was supposed to have taken out! Not the first time! The second set of guests arrived soon after and complained about stained sheets and all she did was to suddenly drop her service, after 4 weeks we had just had coffee/meeting with her. Her whole approach is vile and personal. Like a BULLY! The most unprofessional property agent that we have come across since 2001/2002! She was even sharing our email! Rather than reply our email and attachment, she come back with threats of debt collection, whilst still ignoring $300 she owes us since December 2012, plus late payments, plus very poor management service. Our A/C filter was grossly thick with dirt, like the time before, basic stuff was poorly attended. It is the worst agent experience that we ever had. Yet this woman is obnoxious, unprofessional and does not care about us as clients. All one sided bullying
Product_Or_Service: Management agent

We want mediation and her proof. As our bank statement show that payments we made went through

On June 28 I sent the ****** a letter stopping services for non-payment. They are behind almost $2000 including money still being owed on the property they sold in April. This is the real reason they are trying to strike out against me. I am not, nor have I ever been a booking agent. I did not sign, enter into, or become involved in any of their bookings including the December booking. They allowed one of the booking agents I recommend to book their property. The pool heater didn't work. The booking agent refunded the guest the pool heater money ($300). This has nothing to do with me. They did however receive the balance of the rental money from that booking agent. Had I done the booking, I would have withheld monies owed to me but again I do not take bookings. Any other property manager would have dropped them long ago but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I knew they were stretched thin and were selling one of their homes. When that home was sold and I had to reverse a credit of $595 on a check written on a closed account I had no other choice but to try to cut my losses. They've received a statement every month and duplicates when requested. My patience has cost me $2000 and now having to explain myself to the BBB. I have documentation for everything I've stated.

Please see our below responses to each point:

*****: On June 28th June 2012 I sent the Blunts a letter stopping services for non-payment.
Response: The services were stopped because we queried her charges and we provided a long list of outstanding issues that ***** had sorted out in connection with the management of our house.

*****: They are behind almost $2000 including money still being owed on the property they sold in April.
Response: This is incorrect all bills on two houses were paid up to date as at the 30th April 2013. A statement was sent and this issue was never raised by ***** during our stay in Orlando in May this stay including a face to face meeting.

*****: This is the real reason they are trying to strike out against me.
Response: We are not striking out against the lady but we feel that she keeps pushing to recover monies that have already been paid for house management but has ignored repayment of rental due for Christmas/New 2012/13. In fact she has been very unilateral and using bullying rude attitude and responses without addressing any of our issues including money she owes us ($549:$399 + $150 late fees so far) since Dec 2012). We resent her a breakdown of what we know we have paid and nicely asked her to re-check in case of errors. instead she was abusive and threatening to take it to the courts.

*****: I am not, nor have I ever been a booking agent. I did not sign, enter into, or become involved in any of their bookings including the December booking. They allowed one of the booking agents I recommend to book their property. The pool heater didn't work. The booking agent refunded the guest the pool heater money ($300). This has nothing to do with me. They did however receive the balance of the rental money from that booking agent. Had I done the booking, I would have withheld monies owed to me but again I do not take bookings.

Response: ***** is lying here. From the beginning she offered a management and booking in her services. She apparently must have either sold or passed on to ****, whom we do not know and did not know anything about until the December incident. *Even the rates we offered was with FREE POOL HEATING and deliberately to allow ***** more room for her profit. *THERE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ANY $3OO REDUCTION-INFACT IT WAS MORE THAN $300, WHEN WE DID NOT CHARGE FOR POOL HEATING IN THE FDIRST PLACE.We were contacted by a lady called **** who works as a booking agent for *****. Even when we raised it at first, **** sent us an email to tell us to raise the issue with ***** (*and we have evidence of that email). When we spoke to ***** over the phone, she denied having anything to do with **** or the booking. SO WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH HERE? ***** CONTINUES TO USE THE SAME WEBSITE LINKS: AMONGST THE THREE WEBSITES SHE ALWAYS USED AT THE FOOT OF HER OFFICIAL EMAIL LETTERS AS FOLLOWS:
***** ******
Orlando Vacation Rentals Services &
Magical Orlando Resorts
Vacation Rentals and Property Management
Rated Excellent by FlipKey
Better Business Bureau Central Florida A Rating
Member Central Florida Vacation Rentals Managers Assoc.
Located in Aviana Resort
863 326 7900-Service
US Reservations 888-863-9543
UK Reservations (+) 0800 098 8393
www.visitmagicalorlandovacations.com
www.orlandovacationrentalsservices.co.uk
**WHY IS *********** USING A VERY SIMILAR NAME AND HER SITES ARE BOOKING SITES FOR OWNERS FOR SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS NOT TO DO BOOKINGS????

We agreed a price for the house that was concession for *****. ***** provided all the letting services with the renter including the door entry codes. We had no idea whom the renters were as ***** provided the door entry codes. When it came to payment **** said that she needed to deduct some money because the property did not have pool heating and the guests complained. *EVEN THOUGH ***** AS OUR AGENT SHOULD HAVE SORTED THE POOL HEATING-BUT SHE DID NOT. NEITHER WAS POOL HEATING CHRAGE INCLUDED IN THE QUOTE WE OFFERED + COMMISSION. We told her that this fact was known to *****, who should not have let it to include pool heating, **** then said that she was going to pay the proceeds of the rental over to ***** and we explained that this was not part of the contract we had with *****. ***** basically did not consult nor tell us what she was doing with our home

*****: Any other property manager would have dropped them long ago but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I knew they were stretched thin and were selling one of their homes.
Response: ***** started charging $25.00 per month for so called late payment even when payment was delayed because she could not explain what a charge was for. ***** does not seem to keep a tight record of her payments and on occasion was proven wrong. Her attitude is bullyish and unprofessional. Totally unilateral in her poor service and extremely defensive, even guest have complained

*****: When that home was sold and I had to reverse a credit of $595 on a check written on a closed account I had no other choice but to try to cut my losses.
Response: we made a mistake but then paid the £595.00 right away. ***** has not made losses with us she has made a good profit we have bought and paid for two swimming pool heaters through her swimming pool heater agency

*****: They've received a statement every month and duplicates when requested. My patience has cost me $2000 and now having to explain myself to the BBB. I have documentation for everything I've stated
Response: ***** is full of lies and exaggeration. Where and when did we jump to $2000? She owes us $549 + increasing $25 for further months. Statements were sent every month but the brought forward was never analysed or explained. We have paid all bills submitted up until 30th April 2013. We have all documentation and want to settle with ***** and that is why we have enlisted the help of the BBB. ***** showed her unprofessional attitude when we suddenly realized she was copying email messages between her and us, unannounced to two other parties, outside our agreement with her. DISRESPECTING CLIENTS' CONFIDENTIALITY

Vacation Rentals, Property Management