Central Florida

BBB Accredited Business since 07/30/2009

Alamo Vacation Homes Of Central Florida Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

11/20/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: This property management company failed to return my security deposit upon my vacating the residence.
I leased a property at *** *********** ***** in Davenport, FL in April 2012 and Alamo is the property management company acting as the landlord. The owner of the property lives outside the US. At the termination of my lease in March 2013 I extended my lease for another 6 months. I notified Alamo in writing that I would be vacating the property by September 30, 2013 (the end of my lease)and included the address where my security deposit could be mailed. I scheduled a walk through with them for September 30th. The maintenance man did the walk through with me and took photos. After 30 days passed and I had not received my deposit or any correspondence with regards to the deposit, I emailed the VP of the company, ******** *****, called and left her a voice mail and sent her a certified letter and to this day I have heard nothing from her. I don't want to have to take them to court so I thought that they would try to do the right thing and settle the account if I filed a claim against them with the BBB.

I obtained the refund of my security deposit today from Alamo. I would like to close this complaint and not pursue any negative action against Alamo Homes Group. Thank you very much. ***** ******* 11/14/13

08/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

Complaint: COMPLAINT HAS TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE ACCOMMODATIONS WE GOT.
WE RESERVED OUR RENTAL THROUGH SOUTHWEST AIRLINE VACATIONS.WE BOOKED ALAMO VACATION RENTALS BECAUSE THE ADD LOOKED INVITING AND WE WANTED A CONDO FOR THE KITCHEN AND PRIVACY.WE BOOKED AN "EXECUTIVE" 2 BEDROOM TOWNHOUSE CONDO IN MARCH 2013 FOR TRAVEL JUNE 22nd-29th.WE ARRIVED AT THE ORLANDO,FLORIDA AIRPORT AND HAD TO TRAVEL ABOUT 20 MILES TO PICK-UP THE KEY FROM A LOCK BOX FOR THE UNIT WE RENTED THEN BACK AGAIN 20 MILES TO THE LOCATION OF THE CONDO.WE HAD SOME TROUBLE FINDING THE UNIT SO WE CALLED THE AFTER HOURS NUMBER PROVIDED(8:00pm)NO ONE EVER CALLED US BACK.ONCE WE FINALLY GOT INTO THE UNIT WE NOTICED A FILTHY BEIGE CARPET.THE WHOLE PLACE NEEDED FRESH PAINT AND UPGRADING.UPSTAIRS TO THE BEDROOMS.OH MY THE BEDS WHERE HORRIBLE,SQUEAKY BOX SPRINGS AND MATTRESSES WITH HOLES,VERY OLD AND SO UNCOMFORTABLE.THERE WHERE TWO OTHER BEDROOMS WITH BEDS FROM HELL ALSO.WE MADE THE BEST OF IT BUT COULD NOT SLEEP IN THE SAME BED OR THE SAME ROOM.WE ARE MARRIED 44 YEARS AND WE ARE IN OUR 60's.SOME 2 BEDROOM EXECUTIVE ACCOMMODATIONS THIS WAS.WE COULDN'T USE THE CEILING FAN IN THE BEDROOM IT WAS SO NOISY.THE AIR CONDITIONING WAS SET AT 75 DEGREES AND IT WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AT TIMES.WE ALSO HAD TO CALL THE SHERIFF TO COME AND QUIET SOME TENANTS PLAYING BALL IN THE PARKING LOT AT 11:30 PM ON A FEW OCCASIONS.THE DEAD FROG BEHIND THE COUCH WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE.WE COMPLAINED TO ALAMO 2 DAYS LATER WHEN THEY OPENED THEIR OFFICE AGAIN AFTER THE WEEKEND.THEY GAVE US ANOTHER UNIT TO LOOK AT IN THE SAME COMPLEX BUT IT HAD THE SAME HORRIBLE BEDS AND THE TEMP WAS SET AT 78 DEGREES.IT WASN'T WORTH MOVING ALL OUR STUFF.I MENTIONED THAT WE DIDN'T GET WHAT WE PAID FOR,THE 2 BEDROOM EXECUTIVE CONDO NOT A 3 BEDROOM DUMP AND WAS TOLD THAT EVERYTHING ELSE WAS BOOKED.WE COMPLAINED TO SOUTHWEST ABOUT THIS AND SAID THEY (ALAMO)OFFERED A REFUND OF $22.00 A NIGHT.THE CONDO WAS OVER $110.00 A NIGHT.WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR NOT SO GENEROUS OFFER AND HAVE ASKED FOR AN APPEAL. WE ARE STILL WAITING ON THAT.OUR RESERVATION # WAS *******

Dear consumer, we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. we did allocated you on an executive to premium resort style community, we understand that the bedding of the town home you ere allocated to was not to your satisfaction. Do to this we did try to move you to a different property, this property did not meet your bedding requirement and we did have all other units under our management occupied. reason why we have given the refund for a value equal to 20% from rental charges. the property was occupied, all other services where provided with a full kitchen, leaving and dinning room, fully equipped. we do take it seriously and are working with the unit owner to allow us to work and update as needed on the property, at this time we are not renting the unit until our objective of upgrades is met. on the other hand we can not refund more than promised since commission to agent provider has been paid. We would be happy to offer a 25% discount on another reservation that you make directly through our company on a selected property that meets your requirements, this property can be preselected and will apply to you or any member of your family as well as a referral party, Thank you, the management

08/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Alamo Vacation Homes rented a vacation townhouse to my family and I the week of June 10-June 15th 2013. The vacation townhome located in Emerald Island Resort was advertised here:http://www.alamovacationhomes.com/vrp/unit/EI-********************-2119The townhouse pictures are from 2009. The unit was filthy. The rugs, floors, and walls looked as if they had not been taken care of in ages. Another issue was the kitchen and bathrooms. The bathrooms were understocked with necessary cookware and bathing linens. My family had to make do with what was there and purchase washcloths for use. Furthermore, the internet and phone service did not work for several days, and when it did work, it was sporadic. On top of it all, ALAMO VACATION HOMES did not inform me that I would have to drive from the EMERALD ISLES AREA to their office to pay a 300 DEPOSIT for a key. I had driven 4 hours from my home, another hour to get to ALAMO VACATION HOMES TO pay for a key. We did check out late. Our check out was June 15th at 11. Although some of the paper work said 10 am. We left by 1:15. Alamo said it was later than that and charged an additional 50 dollars. I didn't argue this, however, for a company to have NEVER SENT ME the information about having to drive miles out of the way to PICK UP A KEY, they should have waved the late fee. How did they even know the actual time we left? The maid did not speak any English!! This company is shady. The Pirates of the Caribbean has nothing on them. All they need are eye patches, parrots, and peg legs! I never received an apology of ANY KIND!!!I have pictures of how this place looks. It's a dump!I paid 463 plus 50 for a late fee based on the word of a maid that can't speak English. That is not her fault, but it's her word against ours.I called the office that morning and got an answering machine! So, who knows what the real checkout time was? The maid probably did not get back until late.Here is some more shady information that I recovered about Alamo
Order_Number: Transaction #*******

Regarding this complaint: We are standing to our argument and will not be giving any refunds or compensation, For the record, our company was not the one dealing with this reservation, the reservation was done directly through the owner, we do provide the requirements of rental documentation at time of arrival to assure security to property and renter. After explaining this argument to the owner he presented to us a refusal of charges from the consumer to him, for the full amount, the property was used and occupied, all services where provided and we apologize if it did not fulfill all of your expectations, I requested photos of how you found the property the day of your arrival and have not received any.

The pictures of the unit are newly updated pictures. The pictures I sent to the BBB were the pictures from 2009. Very outdated. There is no way to tell from the pictures that the internet was not working properly. Of course, the Alamo Vacation Rentals have fixed up the property since the complaint. It would be unwise not to. All I can say is that I did not check out after 2 pm. The maid could not speak English, and went somewhere, and we continued to check out. We left before 2. How would she know because she had left the premises. Perhaps, that was when she returned? Alamo Vacation Rentals never even sent a confirmation email, and I had to call them and find the place incurring toll fees. NEVER AGAIN. These people made me drive to pick up the key to get in the rental. I did not know this until AFTER, I arrived in Orlando. Bad Business. The place was a filthy dump. I totally disagree with their handling of my situation. I want a refund.

Vacation Rentals