BBB Accredited Business since 03/26/2013

All About You Travel Unlimited, Inc.

04/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

2/21/13 winery tour. Guide used the microphone to embarrass & bully a customer for calling the company office to explain about some problems.

I was on All About You Travel Unlimited bus 4502 that left from The Twin Towers at ******************************** for *************, Mission Inn for a
buffet, and a tour of Lakeridge Winery.

I over looked:
*the bus being lost
*two buses stopping at the same time at the tiny bakery
*the tour guide not telling us the order of events for the day
*the tour guide not telling us about the area we were visiting
*the tour guide not giving us clear directions about when &
where to board after the buffet
*the tour guide telling us we had to be back on the bus by 3 PM
because that's when we were leaving after the winery tour, then
sitting on the bus for another half hour
*people being blocked by the other tour guide from returning to
the first floor after the wine tasting session, yet a worker for the
winery telling people that they could go to the first floor
*waiting while the other bus stopped to let off a woman to use a
bathroom at a gas station

I could not over look the way the tour guide bullied a passenger. After
she gave the directions for boarding the bus when we finished the
winery tour, she asked if a woman, using the person's name, understood
the directions. She went on to say this woman, using the person's
name, wasn't hearing the directions or having trouble understanding
them. Using the person's name again, she asked the woman to raise
her hand, and asked if she understood what we were to do. This was
all done using the microphone. I heard a person in front of me speak
quietly to the tour guide about the way she had spoken to the woman.
The tour guide loudly responded. I heard another woman speak to the
tour guide about how she had treated this passenger. Again, she spoke
loudly and said the office had told her to address the woman this way.

What started out to be a fun day turned sour. It is a very
unfortunate memory of a tour provided by the company.

I paid by check, $135.00, for 3 people. It was one person in my party that was bullied. It was one person in my party that spoke quietly to the guide about the way the guide had addressed the customer.

There were other people that talked about the situation after the trip. It was uncomfortable for all the passengers/customers.

I really didn't expect any settlement. However, the person who was bullied probably should receive $45.00. The cost of her ticket. I didn't express this to the owner of All About You Travel Unlimited, when she called me last Friday, 2/22/13, responding to my e-mail explaining the events of the day tour. I was just so upset about the treatment of the customer. Now that time has passed, I am disappointed that the owner of the tour company didn't at least offer a refund.

I spoke with all of the clients whom I had phone numbers for the day following this trip, including this person filing this complaint against my company. As I explained to everyone on this trip, the bus company I hired, farmed me out and sent buses and drivers who were not equipped as they should have been and this driver did get lost. Some things are out of my control and that is one of them. As soon as I found out that this bus was delayed by 15 minutes, I called the restaurant and winery and pushed my schedule back to accommodate my clients. The feedback from 97% of the clients on this trip was positive. There was a small group of clients on this trip who said they did not hear the announcements being made, although those at the back of the bus had no problem hearing the announcements. The volunteer escort on this trip, was retrained in how to deal with clients who are having issues. The client this consumer is talking about was fully refunded the same day of the trip. This client never requested a refund, nor did I refund anyone else on this trip as the buses, restaurants, etc still had to be paid.
I make every effort to make my trips enjoyable for my clients, whether it be a day trip or a lengthy vacation. My clients are everything to me. Since the weeks following this trip I have hired a new bus company that will not farm my buses out, and will not start a wonderful trip off on a sour note.

Travel Agencies & Bureaus, Cruises, Travel Escorts