Central Florida

Ricky G's Transmission Repair

04/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Took truck to Ricky G's transmission for a transmission rebuild. I have returned the truck two more times and truck still doesn't shift correctly.
2/18/13 Truck taken to Ricky G's Transmission for a Transmission rebuild, odometer reading 85,591. I was told it would be $1500.00 and comes with a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty. I Picked truck up on 2/22/13 and the owner told me that he had personally rebuilt my transmission, put in all new parts and that it was in good shape.

Around late August early September the transmission began to have shifting problems, odometer reading was 91,800. I notified Ricky G's and was told to bring it in and they would take care of it. I took truck in on 9/17/13, owner drove it and said it would be $450.00 to repair it; the warranty did not cover it. I told owner that I did not agree, warranty should cover and I would take further action, he then said just leave it and he would fix it. I was called on 9/20/13 to pick truck up. When I picked up truck, I was told there were no repair documents, but the owner had "completely gone through the transmission again". Owner was not present at shop.

January 2014, transmission is again shifting erratically and slipping between shifts. I returned transmission to Ricky G,s on 2/11/14 and was told to leave it and they would fix it. On 2/14 I received a call and was told the transmission needed serviced and would be $100.00. I told them I didn't agree that would fix it, but go ahead and do it. I also told Ricky G's rep that I was going to take further action if it wasn't fixed. He said he would let the owner know and that I could pick it up that afternoon. I was given a statement for the service and off I went. Transmission is still shifting incorrectly.

yes i rebuilt truck on 2 18 13 customer drove truck before he payed for it and said thanks its better then when i bought the truck and then he payed me with know complaints late September customer brought it in and said shifting erratic so my diagnostic was valve body is made out of aluminum and and values are metal so it needs a new valve body from dealer to fix it i said i would do the labor for free all hed have to do was pay for new value body he had a fit and said no no no im not paying so as a good person i tried to make him happy and took care of it not having to but did when he picked it up he said if it didn't work he was taking further action well he must of been happy until 10 day before warranty ran out said truck still shifting funny well i drove it and yes it was but to the fact it didn't have transmission fluid in it .i put 6 qts. in it we jacked it up because it should've had a big leak .....it didn't have a leak at all kind of think he drained fluid out just to try and get his money back that's my story Ive bent over backward and still he not happy

***** ****** X-XX-XX

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
Its obvious that Ricky Gs is not going to tell the truth or do the right thing. The bottom line is this. I have a receipt/contract that states:
1. "All parts new unless otherwise specified"
2. "12 month 12,000 mile warranty on all parts and labor unless otherwise specified"
there was nothing specified in either 1 or 2
3 Ricky Gs refused to give me any kind of work statements.
4. As my original statement says...A representative of Ricky Gs contacted me on 2/14/14 and said all my truck needed was serviced. Although I didnt agree I authorized the work. I went that same afternoon, payed the $100.00 service fee and picked the truck up. Same problems still exist and are getting worse.

I'm really sorry about all of this,BUT Mr.**** must of misunderstood about the transmission service. We told him that the transmission was 6 qts. low of oil and that it has been a year since the rebuild and time for a service. I then asked would you like me to change the fluid and filter since I'm under there and can see if anything is coming apart. He said go ahead over the phone for a service charge of $100. When we pulled the pan it was clean as a whistle. I changed the fluid and filter. However, I cannot find the bill for that. I will reimburse him a $100.00 only because of the lost receipt. I am not willing to reimburse the the original $1500 for a rebuilt transmission because the transmission works fine once the 6 quarts of fluid were added. I'm also still under the impression the fluid was tampered with in order to get money back.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Repair & Service, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair