Pro Timeshare Resales

88 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 33 closed in last 12 months

06/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They do not return phone calls
I entered into contract 6/3/13 for Pro Timeshares to sell my timeshare. Eric E**** said they could sell it by Thanksgiving of that year. They did not sell it and altogether I have paid them a total of $9500 (their figure). The associate I have been s
dealing with lately is Gary S******. I try to call every three weeks to see how things are going and they don't answer the phone or return messages.
They say they have had 700 inquiries but they can't sell it.

Seeing they don't return phone calls, I should get a refund on my money of $5,000. They spent some of the money on advertising and therefore I do not expect a full refund of the $9500

BBB CASE#:*********
We have communicated with the client in reference to this complaint and fully explained the details of his purchase history. We have also agreed to provide additional advertising at no charge including but not limited to a specially designed print advertisement. We are working diligently to market his property.

They offered to continue their service with my complaints corrected. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

05/27/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was told by this company they could sell and or rent my timeshare. They pressured me for a yr to join them and never sold or rented it after I did
I was called by several people from this company for about a year. Then the head of sales called me an said he needed inventory and would sell or rent my timeshare at events like races and bike week etcetera. He wanted $150.00 and said he would also advertise it on a web page but made the sales and rentals at events where they use high pressure technique and gifts/prizes etcetera just like the company I bought my timeshare from. He said I would receive a contract in my email and should review it and call if I had questions. I called him and said the contract just talked about web advertising like all the other companies that took my money and did nothing. He said it was just the minimum he and his company would do and that I would get 10,000.00 or more for the sale and they made their money on the interest they get from giving the loan to buyers. He said they would also get it rented for $1200.00 to $1500.00 if or before they sold it which wouldn't take long, only a couple weeks to 6 or 8 at the most. I told him he could rent it for as low as $400.00 and sell it for as low as $4,000.00. When I called after several weeks to see how things were going an inventory clerk said I would be dealing with her from now on. She said they had a lot of hits and one asked for a week that my timeshare said wasn't available. I called my timeshare and they said I have every week available and no request etcetera was received from anyone. I called the clerk back and told her what I found out. She said, I the client said I wanted to much rent.. How can $400.00 a week be to much. She said oh we had it down for $1200.00. I said I told her to rent it for as low as $400.00 personally. She said how can I remember what I told her and that it must not have made it to my account when she typed it in. She was going to make sure my request to sell it for as low as $4000.00 and rent it for $400.00 but they would still try to get more cause it was worth more. I signed the contract on February 10, 2016 and it is past 90 days. I want my money back as they have fraudulent got me to sign with them as they guaranteed me my timeshare would definitely sell or rent due to the low rental price and sale price. I canceled my card so they couldn't charge the monthly fee for web ad. They are not answering my calls ever since I did. They have me leave messages for their inventory clerk. This and other companies like them should be put out of business. I've been taken by other companies but was told you might get my money back if they want to stay in business. Thank you

Sell my timeshare or give me back my money. They lied to me from beginning saying they weren't like the other companies and Florida made tougher laws to keep bad companies from doing business in Florida.

We have carefully reviewed the client's account and have resolved all of the client's concerns.

They said they were going to refund all I paid them. $150.00 is suppose to be refunded via my credit card used to pay them. I accepted

05/26/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I am a 78 year retired school teacher with hopes that BBB can assist me in resolving a dispute that I am having with Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) regarding its misrepresentation of its so-called advertising ?services?. I have sent PTR a letter (April 11, 2016) asking for restitution of the $2,775 they solicited from me under false pretenses. PTS responded to my letter with a phone call saying that they will not refund my money.

Back in the Fall of 2015 I received an unsolicited phone call from Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) offering to help me sell my Timeshare in Sedona, Arizona by listing an advertisement (AD) for my timeshare in its magazine for $200. I was naïve enough to send PTR the $200 before I received a contract spelling out the ?time frame? that the AD would run (from the start date to the end date). I never received a contract, a receipt for my $200 nor did PTS even send me a copy of the AD to allow me the opportunity to proof read the AD or to show me some evidence that an AD actually existed.

In November of 2015 Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) called me on the phone asking for $2,775 to hold on my behalf in some sort of Escrow account to cover the maintenance fees on my timeshare to make sure funds would be available to clear the title in the event a buyer responded to the AD that PTS said would appear in its magazine. I am ashamed to admit that I foolishly sent PTR the $2,775 on December 2, 2015 even though I had already waited several months to see proof that an AD actually existed.

Three months later in March of 2016 I received a copy of the PTR magazine and I was shocked to see that PTR did a horrible, inaccurate job of advertising my timeshare. In spite of its claim that it had a competent ?marketing? department (?using a wide variety of cutting edge marketing tools?), PTR listed a totally unrealistic asking price of $45,900 for my small Studio timeshare that I bought for only $6,850 in 2006. PTR?s AD stated that my timeshare was available ?ANNUALLY?, when, in fact, it was only available on a SEMI-annual basis. The AD did not mention that my ownership was restricted to the Prime season. The flagrant misrepresentation of the AD was so preposterous that no knowledgeable buyer would even consider responding to such as AD.

When I showed the Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) magazine AD to my nephew, he went onto the internet and discovered similar complaints (like mine) on the BBB site. He showed me the complaints that had been made against Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) for similar misrepresentations --- especially involving solicitation of extra money for fraudulent, non-existent services after the first AD was placed.

I would appreciate BBB?s assistance in resolving my complaint. I would like to receive a FULL refund from Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) for the $2,775 that they led me to believe was being held in some sort of Escrow account. And, I am willing to forgo the recovery of the initial $200 for the preposterously flawed advertisement as a penalty for my naiveté in trusting such an ?organization?.

Thank you advance for any help you can give me in getting my money back,******

The person I contacted asking for the restitution of my $2,775 was Angela A*******, a sales person with Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) Located at:

1607 South SR 15A Suite 11
Deland, Florida, 32720
************
************
****************************

We have contacted the client to provide her with additional services without charge and a partial credit. She has accepted this resolution and has agreed to continue advertising with our company. The client has been encouraged to contact our office to speak to management in the event that she has any further questions or concerns.

Dear BBB ---

Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) has resolved my BBB complaint by FULLY REFUNDING the payment that I made for an ill-advised and confusing payment that I made to Pro Timeshare Resales (PTR) on 1/13/16 for a second, additional advertisement in PTR's Magazine and on its website that I thought was part of an Escrow type account for the sale of my timeshare.

The description of the May 18th "resolution" sent to BBB by PTR was apparently sent prematurely by someone other than John BEFORE our discussions with John began and eventually completed. As a result, a FULL refund was given instead of a partial credit.

I have checked the YES box under the question: "Do you accept the response from the business?" because I could not figure out any other alternative.

I am embarrassed to admit that, at 78 years of age with medical problems, my memory is not up to par. My nephew, *****, has been assisting me with the resolution of that dispute that I filed with BBB (Account 90171297 4/27/16 ) by reviewing my bank and credit card statements along with some of the misplaced documents that I had originally received from PTR.

After PTR contacted me and my nephew by phone in response to the written BBB complaint, PTR emailed ***** pertinent documentation that refreshed my memory of the timelines, payment amounts and facts that were a bit out of order in my complaint.

I would hope that BBB would NOT post my complaint on its website because the "emotional tone" of my complaint along with some unintentional inaccuracies due to my faulty memory was not a completely accurate representation of the specific details as the newly discovered documentation has proven.

If the respondents of the April 11, 2016 letter that I sent to PTR (before I filed the complaint with BBB) had read that letter carefully and answered my concerns and even corrected my misunderstanding of the transaction, I could have avoided requesting the intervention of BBB. Thankfully, John, the PTR person who contacted me and ***** was patient enough to send us the documentation that not only clarified the situation but resulted in the resolution of my complaint.

I appreciate PTR's patient consideration of my complaint and its quick resolution of my dispute. Thank you as well to BBB for helping us contact John.

Sincerely, *****************

03/10/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have given them $3000.00 over this last year to sell my property with no results.
In January this year I signed with them to sell my property. I don't have the exact dates or amounts but it came to $3000.00 total. They would call and said they had a qualified buyer but they need more money. After I gave them the money the buyer vanish. In July a Keri S******* called and also said she had four buyers but need $1700.00 to continue. I requested a letter that they would not continue asking for money and that my account was paid in full, which I got from her.
Then in November a Terry M***** called and said he sold my property but would need $1400.00 to close the deal. I told him my account was paid in full and FAX him the letter. So $1400 went to $900.00 then to $700.00. I said no you must honor the letter from Ms ********, he didn't and told me he could not close the sale of my property with out the money. And that is where it ended. They have not made any attempt to contact me or I contact them. I don't trust them, they lie and keep asking for more money with no results.
Please call if you need more information. Thank you, ****************

A full refund or sell the property as they promised with no additional money required.

Ms. ******** first purchased advertising services from our company in January 2015. She started with a basic campaign package that is designed to generate interest and inquiries. Unfortunately, it did not generate the offers we were looking for. Our sales representative called the client to discuss additional aggressive advertising programs to assist Ms. ******** in selling her timeshare. She purchased advertising on three separate occasions that has generated 251 inquiries on her property.

The letter that the client is referring to pertains to the recurring fee that is imposed to maintain their online advertising and keep the account active as described in the agreement signed by the client. In an effort to work with the client, we agreed to discontinue these charges while allowing the account to remain active. The letter itself does not apply to the additional advertising campaigns that were being suggested by our sales representatives.

Our company is an advertising company, not a real estate broker. We are unable to negotiate the sale and/or rental price of any vacation property; thus we do not provide a time frame it will take to sell or rent any property. As our agreements state, we are considered a 'by owner' advertising company and have sold zero timeshares.

Ms. ******** created a user account on January 19, 2015, which enabled her to modify her advertising including both the sale and rental pricing. The user account allows the client to actively participate in the advertising campaigns and monitor all activity.

While we regret the client has not received an acceptable offer at this time, we feel confident we made every effort to accommodate this client and provide all advertising services purchased.

In the last paragraph they stated that I did not receive an acceptable offer, which is false. They called me saying they sold by timeshare but couldn't close the deal unless I gave them more money. It started with $1400.00 then it went $900.00 and then it went to $700.00. If they do not sell timeshares what does their sales representative do?? They stated,they make their money by financing the buyers. That everything is paid for (closing cost, fees, title) through their financing. There claims are a smoke screen.

We have contacted the client and reached an amicable solution that has been accepted by the client. We will continue to work with the client.

03/07/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Reporting Pro Timeshare Resales for coercion and fraudulent advertising and sales techniques.
My name is ************. I am 83 years old. My phone # is ************.
On January 13, 2016, at approximately 2 pm PST, I received an urgent phone call from Vern B****, Pro Timeshare Resales employee. In her voicemail, Ms. B**** explained there was an urgency that I speak with her as soon as possible as the information she had was time-sensitive. When I called back, the same day, she explained that she had a committed, ready buyer for my *********************** Timeshare. She stated the selling price was $24, 900 and that the sale would close before Valentine's Day, Feb 14, 2016.
However, since I had talked with another Pro Timeshare representative on September 24, 2015, I thought that the sale Ms. B**** was referring to was the result of the advertisement I had purchased at that time. I had previously purchased advertisements in the amount of $799 with the representative, Andrew G******* during the September 2015 timeframe.
Ms. B**** told me there was an urgency to sign the Pro Timeshare Resales agreement. Since I am computer ignorant, she recommended emailing the agreement to my granddaughter's email address so she could assist me in signing it. Ms. B**** created such hype urgency that I was not able to read through the contract before having my granddaughter electronically sign it. While attempting to read it, Ms. B**** and her assistant called repeatedly to ensure I had signed it - amounting to 5 times in 20 minutes. The repeated and harassing phone calls prevented me from fully comprehending what was occurring and what I was signing.
She then asked me to authorize a charge of $2971 on my credit card and stated this was for the sale, and advanced advertising of my vacation property which Pro Timeshare Resales claimed had already performed above and beyond the cost already charged - without my consent. She said this fee was necessary for the sale of the property as Pro Timeshare Resales had already offered "4 day & 3 night" stays to the prospective buyers. Again, this was without my consent or prior knowledge.
Since our January 13th conversation, I have only heard from Pro Timeshare Resales - through Ms. B**** - once. The week after, I called her asking for an explanation of the abovementioned list of dates. She explained that those were the days when they had targeted sales presentations by high-powered sales personnel.
As of today, February 10th, there has not been any contact from Ms. B**** since my call to her in January. Since that point, I have phoned her on numerous occasions - three times today alone. Today, my responses from her office were:
- Feb 10, 2016, at 12:30 pm PST - Ms. B**** unavailable.
Her assistant responded, "She is in a meeting & will call back in 1 hour."
- Feb 10, 2016, at 2:30 pm PST - Ms. B**** is unavailable
Her assistant responded, "She is on another call & will call back."
- Feb 10, 2016, at 4:30 PST - Left a voice message
I stated, "Have Ms. B**** call me - I am cancelling my contract & believe her actions were fraudulent."
The total amount paid to Pro Timeshare Resales is $3761 which is equivalent to 3 months of my Social Security benefits, a substantial "out of pocket" expense. Miss B**** was quick to take my funds but, lax in updating me from a sales perspective. She fraudulently said that there were buyers interested in the property to get me to sign the contract but then did not deliver as promised. Upon doing further research into the advanced advertising package I was coerced into purchasing, my timeshare is not featured. Also, when doing a search for the ********************** timeshare, my timeshare does not appear as featured. Also, several features of the contract have not been delivered as promised such as a copy of the "Timeshare Dealer" magazine and the names, address, and phone information for the interested buyers. Ms. B**** verbally claimed that there were interested buyers - the only reason I signed the contract.

I would ideally like to receive my money back as the services promised were based on a lie from the representative Vern B****. I feel like I was coerced into purchasing something that was not delivered. She rushed me into signing a contract without giving me time to read it - knowing I am a senior citizen without a computer and no ability to receive a printed copy. She suggested that my granddaughter assist me in signing instead of waiting for me to receive a printed copy. Despite my granddaughter's warnings, I trusted Ms. B**** to deliver upon her word. And, it was not for an additional two weeks that I received the printed copy and was able to read it. At that point, it was behind the cancellation period.

As it approaches February 14th, I realize that there are no committed buyers - as claimed. In addition, I have not received several items promised in the contract. The combined harassment, dishonesty, and lack of delivery of services causes me to desire a full refund and full cancellation of the contract.

We have made contact with the client and reached an amicable solution to the situation. She has expressed that she is happy with the proposition. We will be continuing to work with this client to achieve the results that she is anticipating: the sale of her property through our advertising campaigns.

I was told by the manager of Pro Timeshare that they would be putting forth an effort to sell my timeshare until sold. At this time the matter is ongoing.

06/07/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ProTimeshare Resales assured me that they could sell my time share. The fee was 2013.95. After numerous calls to them I was never able to reach them.
2013.95 was charged to my credit card. No action was taken. Not able to talk to my agent Keri. It has been more than six months. I just would like my money returned to me.

Refund of 2,013.95.

We have reached out to the client and addressed her concerns. We have also placed her account under the supervision of management to ensure that she is receiving updates and has a guaranteed direct line of communication within our office.
We are working diligently to promote the listing for the property with the end goal of receiving offers.
It is unfortunate that during the six months the client has been with our firm that an offer has not been made. We are taking every opportunity available to market this property.

The company stated that the case is closed and that i would receive a refund. I have not received any refund from them. This matter is still ongoing.

03/10/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Timeshare resales scam always asking for more money that was not in the contract.
We hired Pro Timeshare Resales to sell our timeshare. We paid $1650 to sign on to them for advertisement and to help sell. Three months (September 2015) later we called them and they told us they needed $2999 to bring in the interested inquires to be able to sell it. Well we gave them $2999 and never heard from them. On 1/8/2016 we went into the office to see what was going on and they said they would be in contact with us because Heather is out on leave. On 1/12/2016 we get a call from the office saying they need another $2999 to bring in 23 interested inquires to sell. I told them we are out of money and that we are not giving them anymore. The remark was well there is nothing more we can do for you and I said heck you won't we paid you and he said you will still get the advertisement that you pay $9.95 a month for but nothing more because they need the money to bring in inquires. This is the second time we were told this only to be out more money. This company is a fraud and scam people. Something really should be done about this.

I would like the refund of $2999 the second time we gave them money since they lied to me.

This client purchased services from our company on two separate occasions. Each purchase was for advertising campaigns in an effort to assist in the sale or rental of their timeshare properties. Our service contracts, that are signed by the client prior to processing the payment; fully states that we are an advertising firm and that we do not sell, act as agents/brokers or provide a specific timelines of when the property will be sold.
Additionally, our contracts specifically outline the refund policies of the company; in accordance with the State of Florida regulations we provide a 10-day full refund policy. The client's first purchase was in June 2015 and the most recent was September 2015, during the course of the time that this client has been with our company we have remained diligent in communicating updates as they are available and have been aggressively responding to each and every inquiry to their specific advertisements. As with all clients, we contact the inquiries to ensure that they are legitimate and that what they are looking for is what the client has available. In the case of this client we have had 559 inquiries that we continue to review for validity.
Ms. ********'s account is still open and active as we follow up on every lead. During her last visit to our office on January 8th, we confirmed all of this information with her. To date this is the only request for a refund. We have reviewed her account for inaccuracies that could substantiate her claims; thus far we have not found anything that would have violated our terms of service that she agreed too when signing the contract and creating a log in on our website.
If it is the desire of the client to close her account, she needs to contact our office directly, until that point the account will remain open and we will continue to provide the services that were purchased. Upon contact we will review the account further to determine if any services remain unfulfilled that could potentially require a partial refund.

Company calls and states they have buyers for my timeshare, but they need more money to complete the deal. There have been no buyers! In June we paid $1675 for the advertisement. The second time we got a call from Crystal who told us that Heather would be taking our account since she had the ability to screen the qualified inquires. Heather then informed us that she needed $2999 to bring in 23 qualified inquires to bring them in to sell the property, since a lot of them were not from this area. We were promised it would be sold before Christmas. We never heard from them again. We called several times left messages and finally went into the office to speak to the manager whom informed us that the girl Heather whom was working our timeshare is out on leave, keep in mind I never saw this girl ever. The very next day I get a call asking me for another $2999 to bring in yet another 23 qualified inquires to show the timeshare to. I told him no that I did not have anymore money to give him and he flat out told me that there is nothing more they can do for me because they need more money. I said heck you can't I paid for the advertising in the beginning and I pay $9.95 per month for you to advertise. He said he will continue to advertise but will not show or sell the timeshare because he needs more money. All this company does is call you and promise false leads and keep asking for more money, when they don't really have anyone to show to. They say they follow up on leads but when I asked for the inquires since my contract says I am entitled to them and they told me no, they will not give may any information. My contract also did not state I had to give them more money to bring in qualified inquires and that is now what they are saying they need to proceed with selling. This company is fraud and they really don't sell anything just keep taking your money. As for advertising I have never seen the booklets in any stores so they must make a batch just to appease the client whom they are taking the money from. I will not talk to them all they do is tell us more and more lies to get more money from us.ro Timeshare resale only takes your money, but does not sell your property. The only time they contact you is when they want more money. I was told a number of times that they had buyers, but I never received one offer since they have had the property for sale. Perhaps they did advertise, but they said they had buyers and never came through on that. -

I am his wife and have every right to speak on his behalf. They screwed us over and I want a refund. Plain and simple. Now because we won't give them anymore money they will not sell the timeshare we paid them for in the first place. They Expletive Language us over...

Any and all future disputes/rebuttals will be addressed directly to the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs and the Florida Attorney General.

12/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Pro Time Share Resales claim to sell my time share and has not done so. They have received over $3,000 dollars over a 2 year period and no results.
Pro Timeshare Resales contacted me in calendar year 14 stating they can get my timeshare sold. I paid $9.00 a month for 12 at that time, until I was contact by Valerie W**** later in that year. She said she could get me $4500 on the rental of my timeshare. I gave her $800.00 dollars at that time. When I contacted her and told her that ************** had rented out the timeshare and she needed to collect the funds from them. She told me she tried to call the timeshare, but they weren't returning her calls. After that I tried to find out what she could do to get the $4500 and at that time it was explained to me by her supervisor that Pro Timeshare Resales does not contact the resort for anything. That the renter has to go through Pro Timeshare Resales to be rented out. Which at the time I spoke with Valerie she did not state the renter had to go through them, leaving me to believe that she was working with my resort to get rental sales for me. Valerie passed my name to Heather M****** that told me she had buyers for my timeshare and they were ready to buy and all she needed was $1,110 to complete the paper work. I gave it to her and didn't here from her again until I started calling and leaving messages. She called back a couple of times stating she was working on it. This went on for six months until after leaving messages she stopped calling back. At that time I spoke with her supervisor (Eric O***), who said she should not have made such claims as to have people ready to buy, however, he did have a representative that could get my timeshare sold or me. Eric O*** had Roy L**** called me and apologized for Heather's actions. Roy in told me that for $2,000 he could get a buyer for my timeshare and that I would not have to pay my timeshare maintenance for 2015 because he would have it sold soon. I gave Roy L**** the funds he ask for. I never got a call back from Roy after that. Only when I called and left messages for him to call me, did he return my phone calls. He told me I should be getting a magazine in the mail the size of a small child's story book, listing timeshares for sale. I did get the book around April 2015, it was the only thing I got from them. After that I called him once a month. His answer was he was working on it. In August of 2015 he finally got tired of me calling and started avoiding my phones. I had to use different phone numbers for him to answer my calls. When I finally got him on the phone, he stated several times he was headed to a meeting and would call back, of which he never did. I called Eric O***, his supervisor to get a refund on the $2000.00 I gave Roy on January 2015 and Eric O*** pushed me off on some guy named Carl. I spoke with Carl on 11-6-2015 and he wanted an additional $1250 from me. He said the money was for advertising. I refused and asked for a refund. He said the money I have given them has gone toward advertising. Carl said I was NOT going to be given a refund even if they made the claims of being able to sell my timeshare, because the contract that I signed or anyone that signs states nothing about what a representative of Pro Timeshare Resales claims they can to do for the person purchasing their service. In my opinion from Carl's stand point, Pro TImeshare Resales representatives can tell the purchaser any thing they want to get your money, because there is nothing written any where in black and white on that contract to prove the deception they have given you in selling your timeshare. Therefore, the purchaser of their service has no recourse action against them for the claims they make when you speak to representative. Also the agreement was not honored, I did not receive 4 of the magazines as stated on the contract. I checked the website for the advertisement monthly and it was not there. I was told they had buyers for my timeshare, they have produced none. The cost to advertise was $2001.00 only $804 is stated as one representive states $1,197 is for processing fee.

I want a total refund.

Contact Name and Title: Customer Service
Contact Phone: **********
Contact Email: ****************************
This client has purchased services from our company on several occasions. While it is true our program is designed to obtain offers, we cannot and do not offer any guarantee as to the timeframe it will take for a client to sell their vacation ownership. As we are an advertising company, not a real estate broker we have no control over the sale and rental prices the client sets in their advertising nor do we have the ability to accept any offers that they may receive. In each of the written agreements signed by the client, paragraph 5 specifically and clearly states all of this.
In response to the client's claim that her timeshare management company rented her unit and that we were to obtain the funds from them; we do not interact with the timeshare management companies, nor do we facilitate the rentals/sales when offers are made. When a buyer or renter indicates an interest based on one of our advertisements, we provide the client with the contact information and allow them to coordinate the sale or rental.
The client states that she that the only thing she ever received from us was a copy of the Timeshare Dealer magazine. This is true as far as a tangible item that shows her advertisement. All other items purchased were online advertisements and pay per click tracking. The client also logged in and created an account that allowed her to monitor the activity on her account, respond to inquiries and make changes to the sale and rental price. This service is provided to all of our online advertisers as part of the purchase price.
With each purchase agreement, the client purchased online advertising which is renewable monthly at a rate of $9.95. If the payment is not made on the account, the online advertising expires. Her first purchase was for Monthly Online Advertising dated 1/11/2014; the second agreement dated 3/31/2014 worked in conjunction with the previous order and the renewal fee maintained all online advertising; the client also received a copy of the Timeshare Dealer Magazine. The account was closed due to non-payment on 8/14/2014. Her third order dated 8/29/2014; this order was refunded in full to the client 10/27/2014, thus the advertising for that contract would have ceased upon refund. She then again purchased on 1/3/2015 which included complimentary 90 days online advertising along with an ad in the Timeshare Dealer magazine and other advertising options that were listed on the itemized invoice included with the agreement the client signed. This advertising ended on 4/3/2015 due to non-payment.
The client was contacted on several occasions to update her payment option to continue with the online advertising, she was either unavailable or would not provide the necessary information to continue the advertising. The client's advertising was active a total of 10 months since her initial purchase of services January 2014. Based on the inconsistent and sporadic renewal activity on the account, the advertising campaign was hindered from being successful. However, there were more than 450 inquiries on her property during the active months of advertising. It is unfortunate that she was unable to obtain an offer during her time with us. We have gone above and beyond in an effort to assist this client.

I have attached the agreement that I signed. If you noticed its for $2001.00. The numbers DO NOT add up to $2001 because Roy said the difference is their admin fees. And I would get the whole $2001 dollars back, so don't worry that the numbers don't add up. Also, $399 for 4 magazines which I DID NOT receive. Carl W**** even admits I only got one. Their representatives are untruthful. They make claims that they can sale your timeshare and then you never here from them again unless you consistently try and get someone and then they put you off. Roy L**** told me not to pay my timeshare fees that were due January 15 because my timeshare would be sold very soon. Heather said she had people, a couple ready to buy and there was none. They are all untruthful statements and they say anything to get you to by into their company and once they don't deliver the contract says for advertising and their representatives aren't held accountable for what they say they can do. And Anyone can create a website and put numbers on it.

Carl W**** called me today 11-23-2015 and asked me for $1250 claiming again they can sell my timeshare and I refused. As a compromise I ask for half of what I paid them and they refused.

The contract states I am to receive 4 copies of this magazine and I have NOT. I only got 1, this has been since January 3rd. I would like a refund for breach of contract for the 4 copies of this magazine I have NOT received. A refund of $399.00.

09/23/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were coerced into buy into a resale ad. And were lied to by associate saying he had a buyer
On April 4,2015(Saturday of Easter weekend) while we were out of town we were called by Roy L**** around 8to 10 times. He stated he was the head of Pro Timeshare Resales and had a buyer for our timeshare with Diamond Resorts International. He asked us to lower price, which we did, and he could finish a sale he had with an Australian couple who wanted the 20,000 points we had because it was well below market price of DRI points. He had us so overwhelmed with bull,(my husband and I were not together, I was shopping with my daughter. We were called back to her house where we were really taken advantage of with this situation because we had not been together and were not at our home.He proceeded to tell us that he had to have us verified that we would reduce the price to 65,000.00 and that he would get 3000.00 of that when the sale was complete. When I questioned who he was on the phone he became very defensive and said he was the boss and when he said he would do something he got the job done. Then he told us he had to have &2001.00 up front that day to keep the deal alive. He even had a fellow employee Eric call me so we did it,thinking we could finally get out of our timehare. As of today nothing. My husband called him several times and he told him to be patient. At one point he had my husband (*****) call him once a week to "to check on things" One of the last conversations they had Roy tried to tell ***** that we had called and went with someone else so he couldn't do anymore for us. *****, then a little irritated, called him on it and told him that was not true and the all of a sudden Roy found our paper work. If I called and left a voice message he never called back, that's because he new I wasn't as easy to put off. July 20th I got him on the phone because I blocked my phone number from appearing on caller ID. Actually, part way thru the conversation he asked me how I got thru to his office because it didn't show on his phone ID. That conversation did NOT go well cause I called him on all the things that has happened and that I thought he coerced us into paying him money for something he could not or would not deliver and that he lied to us on Apri 4th, by representing himself as someone he was not. My husband and I now look back on all this and realize that he lied to us the entire time and we were easy to take advantage of. We have always tried to see people as trust worthy but it seems in todays society that is not true. As of today 7/27/2015 we still sit and wait to have something change. From your records I was told that they have had 24 complaints filed against them this year. They showed me on their website a BBB rating with not strikes against them. Again another lie. thank you for your time.

All we want at this point is our money back. They apparently don't move property as well as they indicated. And if we can NOT trust them, we don't want to do business with people we can not trust

The client was offered additional marketing based on the activity (422 inquiries) generated by potential buyers at that time. The representative contacted the client, as well as the sales manager, and explained the program and services being offered. In addition to that, a detailed marketing agreement was signed by the client. After purchasing the marketing in question, the client spoke with her rep four times and the manager twice about inquiries, activity and the current status on the account. Out of all six telephone calls, the client never once mentioned being told the property was sold or currently had a buyer. We have contacted the client to resolve this misunderstanding and offered complimentary services, which the client stated she was very happy to accept. We gave the client, at no charge, our Enhanced Web Exposure as well as a glossy color photo ad in our Timeshare Dealer Magazine. Two days prior to speaking with the client and the client accepting the complimentary services, we received information from Visa that the client is disputing the charge. The complimentary services did not have time to take effect. We would like to help the client in any way possible, but the many inconsistencies in this matter and the difficulty in communication with the client have made it very difficult.

I do not agree with the response from Protime Share at all. I was NOT offered anything from them( marketing, as they refer to ) until after I contacted the BBB and my credit card company. No representative contacted me to explain the program in question until after all my efforts had been exhausted to get any true answers from them . I think the marketing they are referring to was that in April ,2015 that they passes off as a very positive sale to other clients that wanted our points. Our phone conversations happened only when my husband and I would call them expecting the sale had happened. As I stated in the first statement Roy told my husband to call weekly to check up on things because he expected the sale to finalize. I only stared calling because nothing was happening. Roy and my self diid not have a good repore as I felt he was not being truthful with me. That's when I decided on contacting the BBB and credit card company. That is when Eric called and said he would handle any communication from that point on. That's when he was offering another 3 months of advertisement. As I said we spent $1800.00 on the first contact with Debra L. We had spent another $2001.00 and had nothing more to show for our money than the ad from the first contact. Never did any enhanced web exposure get mentioned until now when our grievance was filed. And this only came as we feel was a bribe since things were not as thy should be. Eric sent a contract that he said needed signed, which I did not do because of our distrust. So, that's why we would not have spent $3800.00 for advertisement if we did not think they had a deal that was coming together. And each phone call I did ask what was happening with this so called sale that they had told us would happen back in April ,2015 . We would not have gotten any brochure if my husband had not been consistent with calling Roy. And please hear me,I never said I accepted any complimentary service from these people. The inconsistencies are not on our end or communication because we have tried to talk with this company of people and got no where. my husband and I will speak with the BBB or credit card company any time to review any of this whole problem I do get very frustrated when I am lied too or taken advantage of. Which did happen back on April 4,2015. That has lead to this horrible problem and a loss of a lot of money on our part. Please contact me anytime to speak with us. Sincerely ******

Once again We find it difficult to communicate with this former client. We were notified by our payment possessor that the dispute filed by this client has been resolved in our favor and the clients claims are unfounded.

Once again I have to dispute what this company is telling you. I have just gotten off the phone this afternoon, September 22,2015 ( at around 3pm EST) after talking to Deliah with ***** dispute claims department. She told me that this claim has NOT been settle and is still under review. So unless, ***** is not telling me the truth this claim has NOT been settled in ProTime Share's behalf. Again they are not being truthful with you. I have not been hard to deal with when the TRUTH is involved. These folks will not own up to the issue that occurred on April 4, 2015 when all this became an issue.

02/10/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I retained Pro Timeshare Resales to sell a timeshare that I own in Florida. I paid $999.00 upfront and now they want $1597.00 additional. I refused.
I was basically told that my timeshare would be sold within 3 months. It is now 7 months later and not one offer even though I reduced the selling price by 50% from the sales departments suggested selling price. Now, because I refuse to pay an additional exorbitant amount ($1597.00) I am told that if my timeshare is not sold It will be my fault for not paying the additional monies for marketing expenses. I also have been paying $9.95 each month for them to continue trying to sell my timeshare. I now believe that their sales pitch and operation is a scam to get your money upfront with no great effort to sell the property. They keep telling me that there have been 141 inquiries but not one offer. Management feels that inquiries make them legitimate. I do not ! In fact as far as I know they could falsify the number of inquiries to make it appear as if they are trying to sell the timeshare.

Either a refund of the amount that I paid them or a prompt sale of my timeshare. I have advised them to contact me with any offers regardless of the amount offered.

Contact Name and Title: Cust. Service Dept.
Contact Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Contact Email: ****@protimeshareresales.com
Although our advertising program is designed to get the maximum results in the first 90 days, that does not guarantee the owner will receive an acceptable offer in that time frame. If the owner is has not accepted an offer in the first 90 days, PTR charges 9.95 per month to continue service. This owners advertising has resulted in 144 inquiries which can be viewed on the Pro Timeshare Resales website by logging in using the account the client created. Each of the inquiries displays the unique IP address of the viewer. The owner lowered the asking price by approximately 50% one month ago and was presented with the option of placing additional advertising with the new pricing in an effort to generate more response, he declined. PTR is continuing to advertise the ownership as directed by the client and will contact him again to reevaluate the account.

Not only have I not received an acceptable offer, I have received NO OFFER OR OFFERS AT ALL ! The current listed price is way below market value and I find it hard to believe that with almost 150 inquiries as stated by company management there has not been even one offer to date. The only contact I received until I filed a complaint was a request for more money in order to more aggressively promote the sale of my timeshare ownership.

As this clients latest entry contains no new information, please see our previous response.

We have contacted the client by phone and reevaluated his account. We have agreed to provide additional advertising with the new asking price in an attempt to generate an acceptable offer. We regret the fact the client is unhappy with the current results are making every effort.

Almost 175 inquiries and not one offer even though the price was cut in half. Do not believe there will be any progress made regardless. The company was told to advise us of any offers at all regardless of the amount offered. We have heard nothing.

Most of the inquiries came in prior to the client lowering the asking price last month. The client has been provided additional advertising that will reflect the new pricing, but that advertising has yet to run its in it's entirety and complimentary magazine ad has not even been published yet. We urge the client to give us a little time with the changes. In reference to offers, all offers are forwarded directly to the client to be accepted or declined. There have not been any offers to forward as of yet, but it is our hope the new pricing will generate some. We are doing everything in our power to satisfy this client, but again we can not predict when an acceptable offer will come in.

06/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I entered into an agreement with them on July 2, 2015 and cancelled on July 3, 2015 and never got a refund
Pro Timeshare contacted me on July 2, 2015 offering their services to sell my timeshare and after a lengthy conversation with Russ S****, who assured me he already had a buyer for my timeshare, I agreed. The contract was signed electronically and returned electronically. After reviewing the contract more carefully, I realized that the contract was for advertising, which I didn't want. On July 3, 2015 I contacted ProTimeshare via email (the same used to send the signed agreement) and requested a cancellation of the agreement and a refund of the $2,484.00 they charged me. The contract states "You have the unwaivable right to cancel this contract for any reason within 10 days after the date you sign the contract.." The contract states the request to cancel could be sent to the email address *****************************. I complied with all the requirements for a refund, and still have not received it. Unfortunately. my credit card company is unable to assist me at this time. Anything you can do to get my refund would be appreciated. This company applies high pressure tactics and makes untrue statements to convince people to enter into these contracts. If Mr. Russ S**** had not promised to have a buyer for my timeshare, I would not have entered into the agreement. I have never received an offer from anyone to purchase my timeshare.

I want a refund of the $2484.00 charged to my credit card.

We have contacted the client and discovered that her attempt to cancel within the 10 day policy was never received due to an error in the email address the client was using.

We have, however, honored the cancellation request by issuing a full credit for the purchase. The client has been informed of the refund and is satisfied with the results.

05/30/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told our timeshare would sell in probably 6 months. Nope! I paid $1200.00. Now they wanted more for a more expedient program! Not falling for it
Joined up back in 5/15/15 for $1,200.00 was talked into a fast sale w/them. Now if they are an advertising co. Way say sale? Every time I called her she said basically the same thing. Oh there have been 140 people interested in the last x amount of time, I will personally follow up w/ only the serious one's and that's 80-90 people. In Dec. 2015 she said (I called her) One was trying to get financing and a few business's were looking into a possible purchase too. If that were true why don't they give me the list of prospective buyer's and I'll give them the details if they want to buy it, since they only advertise?? 12/28/15 Oh the holidays slowed up inquires on your property. On 2/24/16 she said I was eligible for Wholesale and I should have been called w/that offer after 3 months! Of course for much more money $1,300. I flat out said I felt this was scam. I even told her to drop the advertising sale amt. to get more interest. To date NOTHING. I feel we should be refunded the $1,200 we paid for the advertising, because they are taking out money monthly for advertising in their Magazine already for 12 months now. What was the $1,200 for? I don't believe they are trying to get people interested in buying properties at all since they haven't sold NOT ONE TO DATE! Total bad business practices to get money from honest people who just wanted to sell their timeshares. Taking advantage of us just in the name of money. It's just a calling center reaching out to us who own, promising to advertise and sell out timeshares in a timely manor for a very large sum of money which ends up not being the truth. Sad I think. I hope people will research this company w/the BBB before signing up w/them and falling for their misrepresentations!!! I called 4/1/16 cancelled the $9.95 monthly money coming out of our Visa, and was told it would be cancelled immediately and they would no longer be advertising for us.
And my advertising agent wasn't available so I left a message. To call me and give me an update!!
So again, the $1,200 what was that for umm all the hard work they did on advertising? Yeah right!

Refund of #1,200!!!

Case ********
This client purchased services from our company in May of 2015. While it is true our program is designed to obtain offers, we cannot and do not offer any guarantee as to the timeframe it will take for a client to sell their vacation ownership. As we are an advertising company, not a real estate broker we have no control over the sale and rental prices the client sets in their advertising nor do we have the ability to accept any offers that they may receive. In the written agreement signed by the client, paragraph 5 specifically and clearly states all of this.
The client is stating that the monthly fees that are being charged were for the magazine advertisements. This is incorrect; the client purchased online advertising which is renewable monthly at a rate of $9.95. If the payment is not made on the account, the online advertising expires. The renewal fee maintains all online advertising. The client did receive a copy of the June 2015 Timeshare Dealer Magazine that included her advertisement.
The client was contacted on several occasions with updates on her account and the activity that was taking place. The conversation with the client on February 24, 2016 was to propose additional advertising options in an effort to update the current marketing. She was not obligated to purchase the advertising being offered. Her decision to not purchase did not impact her active advertising.
On April 1, 2016 the client called and stated she wanted the account to be closed and hung up before any additional information could be relayed to her. We obliged with her verbal request and closed the account. An email was sent to the client as verification that the account was closed. This email states that the once the renewal fees are cancelled the account is deactivated which stops all advertising on her behalf. It is unfortunate that she was unable to obtain an offer during her time with us. We have gone above and beyond in an effort to assist this client.
It needs to be stated that we have on several occasions attempted to contact the client in reference to this dispute to discuss her concerns and provide a solution. Before any refunds can be provided we have to speak with the client to confirm information to ensure that refunds are properly transferred. The client has NOT returned any of our messages and has refused to take our calls. We are in a position that limits our ability to properly close this dispute.

Look Melissa who was advertising for us said in the very beginning she could find us a buyer probably within 6 mos. I know the aren't a Real Estate Co. I was never presented w/a prospective buyer ever. Melissa never called me unless I called her and asked her to call me back. When I would inquire if she had any hits, she would really talk it up. Oh yes, we have had 80 or more people who are interested! One is trying to get financing, the other would be interested in buying it for their business, for clients. So I'd say great. But, she never offered their info. for me to contact them, she never said is it ok if I have them contact you?. Because it flat wasn't true! Ok the $9.95 was for online advertising, whatever, never got us a prospective buyer or interested party! I don't believe this company should be in business at all. They have NEVER obtained an offer for me and it is unfortunate absolutely! $1,200.00 lost. They didn't work hard for me. Out of the 74 serious people Melissa said she talked to, and no one wanted it? Come on now. I'm not stupid. She said She attempted to get even more money to wholesale my timeshare BUT I'D GET IT BACK after the sale. Umm does this sound like misrepresentation that they might sell it? Why yes it does, and I was not fooled twice!!
Oh by the way they never tried contacting me after my last phone call to them asking them to discontinue advertising and charging my visa for $9.95 a month!! **** right I hung up! That's a lot of money for nothing, they can defend what they do till pigs fly. They are a straight up rip off company. They figured out how to scam people, and are getting away w/it. I'm furious!

Do the right thing BBB get me my money back, teach these crooks a lesson.
They tried contacting me. OMG what a lie! As I always say what goes around comes around!

We have attempted to contact the client to work out a reasonable resolution, however, our attempts have not been returned by the client. As a result of the lack of communication from the client, we have closed her account indefinitely until a date when a resolution can be amicably reached. She is encouraged to contact our office to speak to a member of management. Until then we are unable to satisfactorily resolve this complaint.

04/25/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I paid over $700 with none of the "assured" results the salesperson assured me I would receive.
On Monday, 26 March 2012, Mr. Keith S**** of Pro Timeshare Resales handled my contract. At that time Mr. S**** told me "I assure you that your property is in one of the SOUGHT AFTER markets and it should sell within 90 - 120 days". I remained hesitant since he asked for $499 up front. I checked the BBB to see any ratings and complaints while Mr. S**** was on the phone and he explained how all the complaints were minor and ultimately resolved. The rating at that time showed a B+. I told Mr. S**** I would take some time to consider this venture and he called almost daily until I agreed on Friday, 30 March 2012. I only heard from him when I contacted him 3 months later to find out if my "assurances" were still going to happen and he said everything is on schedule. I didn't hear anymore from him and when I called prior to my deployment to Bagram, Afghanistan he didn't return my call. I even called FROM Afghanistan and never got anyone to give me a positive outlook on my timeshare sale. When I returned from that deployment I called periodically but all anyone wanted to do was upgrade me to a higher cost package. I wasn't happy doing that when I wasn't getting any action on what I had. It was just them wanting more money. When I returned from my last deployment to Kabul Afghanistan I cancelled my payments of $9.95 per month. No even asked why or called to see if there was something they could do for me. Originally I was just going to leave it as me getting "taken" for my money but after coming across the original contract it brought up renewed anger over my lose due to Mr. S****'s relentless "assurances". I was not given a contract number or account number. My payments were made with my USAA Credit Card. My name is used to identify me in their system.

In all fairness I believe I was deceived by Mr. S**** and deserve a full refund of my $499 membership fee and additional $9.95 per month for 22 months for a total of $717.90. I would never have agreed to sign if I was constantly enticed with assurances that I would actually get my timeshare sold.

Case #********
Mr. ****** became a client with our company on March 20, 2012; at which time we had his property listed for sale only in the advertisement products he purchased. His account was charged a monthly renewal fee after the initial 90 days, as per the agreement signed by the client.
Unfortunately during this time his property was not sold, nor was there any offers received per our records. His original representative left our employ which unfortunately caused his account to be overlooked by our staff. We have reviewed the account with Mr. ****** and have reached an amicable solution. We have offered him six months of advertising at no cost. During that time we will be listing his property both for sale and rent in the advertising campaign. We will revisit his account in six months, if necessary, to see if we can make any other adjustments to expedite the process. During this time his account is being managed by upper management to ensure that his account is receiving the full attention needed.

04/04/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a condo from Pro Timeshares Resales they promise to sell my condo, but I got threats and intimadated and demand of more money.no sale yet.
I purchased the condo 9/19/2013
from Pro Timeshares Resales 1607 S.SR. 15-A Suite 11 Deland FL, 32720 1-855-300-787,*********** Condominium with the guarantee to sell it. I started receiving maintance notices quicky, and was told my property was in the process of being sold but more money was needed to close. It never happen but the bills keep coming. I was threaten with collection and turning it over to the credit bureau. I can no long afford the fees and have asked for assistance to get this problem settled but can get no response from either ****************************************************** All payments were made through my credit card.

I would like my maintance fees refunded $7500.00 and my name clear from the credit bureau, and no contact with either company.

BBB Case#********
**************
Our company does not have any control over the maintenance fees with timeshare properties. The client claims that we sold him this property in September 2013. Our relationship with the client did not begin until December 2014 when he purchased advertising to sell his property located at ***********.
We do not sell timeshare properties; we do not act as agents for the timeshare properties, sellers or buyers. We provide advertising solutions to individuals that wish to sell or rent their timeshare property. All services purchased through our company are paid at the time of purchase, therefore the credit bureau would not have any reporting from our company for any reason.
It is our recommendation that the client contact the property management company to resolve this matter. We are not and have not been affiliated with *********** in any capacity.

03/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Attempting to confirm cancellation based on contract detail. Manager was rude and unprofessional in manner of handling cancellation and cannot confirm
My mother and I co-own a timeshare and she is not right in her mental state.This has been diagnosed by doctors and I can provide notes of this if needed. I am in the middle of getting power of attorney but she went ahead and tried to hire a third party to sell timeshare. The same day we sent in the necessary paperwork to cancel this transaction and the contract stated it would take 14 business days. I have followed up via phone and email and spoken with the manager, Eric. The manager was very rude and wouldn't allow me to discuss. Then when speaking with my mom and her caretaker present, he stated that I was abusive and trying to take advantage of my mom. He also wouldn't allow her to give permission to talk with me (which is standard in all cases I have dealt with). I see it as he is the one that is not allowing this cancellation. In the meantime, I have gotten at least 4 harassing calls that are VERY unprofessional from a sale rep at his company saying they have 6 offers on the timeshare. The timing to me is ironic. They state it is my timeshare yet he says it is not.
Messaging and communication have been the worst I have seen. I simply want a cancellation, which my mom also communicated on the phone but he continues not to hear that and try and convince her otherwise. He is making this matter worse and it is affecting her health. I simply want him to cancel the transaction as I have done the paperwork for it and followed the guidelines in their contract.
I want to file this complaint to ensure that they do not take advantage of other people and to get our money back and for them to stop calling us.
Case #******** states Cancellation Acknowledgement Order #***** from Company.

We are seeking 100% refund which is stated in the contract. I cancelled the same day this contract was filed. This should be taken care of. I also want there to be repercussions to the staff as their tone and way of managing this situation is very unprofessional and verbally abusive. The manager Eric is one that should be dealt with as well as Amy E**** who has called WAY too many times with the most unprofessional, harassing messages.

The complainant in this case is the daughter of our client. The client signed the contract on Friday February 19, 2016. We received the notice of cancellation via email on the same date at 7:48 PM EST, our offices close at 5:00 PM EST on Fridays. On Saturday, the representative contacted the client without knowledge of the cancellation request and the client never mentioned that she wanted to cancel during that conversation.
On Monday when the offices reopened the notice was addressed via email stating that we would review the account and that per our contract we had 14 days to issue a refund or other satisfactory resolution to the request. During that time period we always contact the client to ensure that they still have the same credit card information (we have had some that cancelled their card and our refund attempt was unsuccessful).
This case presented a few additional concerns since our correspondence was initially presumed to be from our client and we had contact with her after the notice without mention from her of the cancellation. We later found out that the cancellation notice was from the daughter, NOT the client.
In these situations we need to hear from the client directly that they do in fact want to cancel. The client was adamant that she wanted to continue with the services. The daughter, however, insisted that the account needed to be closed and refunded immediately. She further state that she was POA for her mother but could not provide proof of such. The client verbally stated that the daughter did not have POA and that she was capable of handling her affairs without interference.
The complainant in this case was extremely agitated when we refused to speak with her regarding this account. Due to our privacy policy, we cannot and do not discuss specific account information with any party that is not our client. Ms. ***** did not seem to be concerned with our policy and in several situations became verbally aggressive with our representative and management team.
After much deliberation between the client, the daughter and our management team we decided to refund and close the account on March 2, 2016. The client has continued to express her desire to continue business with us; however, her daughter has managed to intervene with each and every attempt. We feel that despite the third party interactions, we have successfully complied with the cancellation request and despite the complexities presented with the complainant's interference with the process; we feel that we have acted in the upmost professional manner as allowed by Ms. *****.

Timeshare Resale and Rental Marketing