Company has failed to finish pool in the discussed time and is not answering emails and calls to find out why pool is not done.Work was paid in full.
contract date was signed on 12/29/2013
Owner required pool completition for March 31/2014
Contractor promised pool completition on april 17/2014 and has not finished the pool as of today(5/28/2014). Neighboors pools where completed by other pool companies in around 2 months and Erickson Pools has not finished the pool in more than 5 months. Erickson Pools was paid in full for the amount of 40000 dollars by check. The client received a certified letter from an erikson pools subcontractor witch indicates that they are claiming that erikson pools has not paid them yet and the subcontractor filed a lien on the clients property.
That the pool be finished immediately because the construction is overdue. please help us in making this company complies with the contract that was signed.
Mr. ***** is correct,we are behind in completing the pool. There are many issues, but the least of not which is the shortage of skilled workers in todays market. The company is going thru a very rapid growth period after the last 8 years of sales decreases. There also were a few challanges on his pool, such as a retaining wall. Also we were given a change order to reconfigure the steps after they had been built and the pool was complete shy of interior finish.
As of today we are preparing to install the interior finish on the pool. This is the LAST construction item on the list. The pool will be complete for the 4th. of July with all items completed and the water ballanced and ready to swim.
Again i can only appologize at this point and make sure this is the best pool they could have purchased.
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Erickson Pools ("EP") have been giving several dates of completion before the last of July 4th. I hope that they can complete the pool on or before that date. They have not reply any of my emails specially the request of waivers from its subcontractors, confirming that EP paid in full the materials and services rendered in my residence. Also, I requested the elimination of the lien on my property made by a subcontractor from EP. This is the last chance that I will give to EP to complete the work.
Final Business Response
Also I would like to state that the lein that was placed by ****** ***** was satisfied and i have in my posession the satisfaction of lien original copy. there are no other outstanding notices pending on their project.
The job as contracted for is complete. The ONLY item we have to do is a requested extra work order to enlarge the steps and add 2 custom handrails. The steps were completed in June but the handrails have not been received yet from the distributor. The handrails as requested were SPECIAL ORDER CUSTOM ITEMS which take 4 to 6 weeks to receive, as the steps had to be completed before the handrail measurements were done for the order we do not expect to see them till near the end of July. Every other punch item, and contracted item has been completed. If there are any more questions, please submit them to me for answers. ************** *****
Final Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Here are my comments and clarification regarding Mr. **** *****'s BUSINESS' REBUTTAL RESPONSE. As of 7/19/2014, the job as contracted has not been completed.
1. Reconfiguration of steps:
- This was a design error that had to be corrected and not Mr. ***** request to change the configuration of the steps. During the design session with Ms. ****** ******** from Erickson Pools ("EP"), it was clearly explained that the steps need to have a short distance between each other so Mrs. ***** could enter/exit the pool without problems due to health issues (back surgery and ankle problems). The response from Ms. ******** was that she understand her health issues since she experienced the same issues with her mother and not to worry that she would take care of that.
- Mr. and Mrs. ***** returned to the property (first time during the construction of the pool) for the week of 4/17/14 to 4/26/14, when we noticed that the steps were built with more than 12 inches between each other I immediately contacted EP to correct the issue since that is not what we asked for and Mrs. ***** would never be able to use the pool if that was not corrected. I met Kurt from EP at the property on 4/24/14 and Kurt immediately agreed that the steps were too deep and they discussed how the steps needed to be built to meet Mrs. ***** health limitations. I requested at that time that a 2nd hand rail was added to the steps.
- The same day Mr. **** ******* (my representative in FL during my absence and the contact person provided to EP) met with Mr. **** ***** at his office to provide the 3rd payment as required by the contract. Mr. ***** was aware of the issue with the steps and informed Mr. Sanchez that he will have to charge for the 2nd hand rail but that EP will absorb the cost of the modification to the steps since he had promised different occasions that the pool would be completed and ready for use before 4/17/14 but at that moment the completion of the pool was only around 55%.
- Even when the issues with the steps were discussed with EP on 4/24, the work to correct the steps was not started until 5/20/14.
2. Other issues:
- The pool was not completed on July 4th as indicated by Mr. ***** on his 6/25/14 BUSINESS RESPONSE.
- Filling of the pool was done and monitored by Mr. ******* on 7/3-7/4 and not by EP.
- The initial startup of the pump and the initial brushing of the pool interior finish was done by EP on 7/5, however, daily brushing of the pool interior finish from 7/6 to 7/19 was done by Mr. ******* (to avoid issues with the warranty) and not by EP.
- Chemicals were added to the pool on 7/8-7/9 by EP.
- Connection of the Auto Fill to the existing water line done by EP on 7/14. The connection was done poorly and unprofessional, the PVC pipe was forced/vended and glued to the existing hose valve and with time will break due to the water pressure.
- On a phone conversation with ***** from EP, Mr. ***** and Mr. ******* on 7/18/14, ***** indicated that they just received the hand rails but they were 6 feet long instead of the 10feet long that were ordered. He also indicated that he re-ordered the correct size hand rails and they would arrive and be installed within 1 week. However, Mr. ***** on his response from 7/18 mentioned that special order hand rails would take between 4 to 6 weeks to be received so not sure how ***** will order/receive/install the special order hand rails within 1 week.
- Salt Chlorinator has not been installed/added to the water pump. On the phone conversation (7/18) ***** mentioned that it would be installed in 2 weeks, however, a date for the installation was not provided.
As of 7/19/14, Mr. ***** response saying the job as contracted is completed is not accurate. The Salt Chlorinator has not been installed/added to the water pump which is part of the contract. Pavers on the pool deck damaged/stained due to the pool construction have not been clean/corrected even when EP has promised in different occasion that they will do so. Pool School has not been done even though EP is not providing any pool maintenance to guarantee that the pool curing process is successful. Cleaning net, Vacuum, Chemical Kit, etc. has not been provided by EP. No formal/informal/verbal/written notification has been received from EP that the pool is ready for use. Also, no verbal or written notification has been received from EP that the lien placed on the house by Gunite Works has been cleared and removed. I have dated pictures of the issues mentioned above that could be provided if needed.
Mr. ****** *****.
This was a design error on the steps as it was never indicated on the plans or in the contract by Ms. ********* After this pool was sold she left the employment of Erickson Pools to go back to work for a law firm. When Mr. ***** became aware of the mistake our construction crew worked to re-form the steps according to Mr. *****' design and still stay within the building code on the pool. We are aware of the length of time it took to re-form the steps which required precise procedures to form the steps correctly.The steps were completed per Mr. ***** request at no additional charge to him.
Once all new pools are filled with water, the equipment started and chemicals balanced it is the responsibility of the homeowner to brush the pool daily for the first month.
The handrails were ordered however the supplier on their end ordered the wrong rails from the manufacturer. We requested a rush order for the new rails since the mistake was made by the distributor. **** ***** gave mr. *****
the correct information as special order handrails it does take approximately 4 weeks lead time but we requested a rush order because of the situation. Once we received the rails they were installed.
The salt chlorinator was installed the 2nd week of August. Per the manufacturer's warranty no salt can be added to the pool until more than 30 days have passed since the pool finish was installed. If it is installed sooner to pool finish warranty is void.
Pool school was given to Mr. **** ******* by ****** ********** our Service Manager. At the same time Mr. ******* was given the maintenance equipment. ****** also informed Mr ******* the pool was ready to be used by the homeowners. All this was completed between July 5th and 9th of 2014.
The pavers on the deck have been cleaned and corrected.
We have all copies of the release of liens in the office for Mr. *****. Once the final payments have been made of $300.00 on the pool contract and $1127.32 for the handrails we will give all copies of the release of liens to Mr. *****.
Our former receptionist, ********, is no longer employed by Erickson Pools due the the lack of completing her job assignments and pool performance. One of her biggest failures was not delivering phone messages to the proper person in a timely manner and sometimes not giving the person the message at all.
Once again we apologize for the delays in completing Mr. *****' pool. After being in the BBB for 30 years this is the first and only complaint we have received and do not take this in a "light hearted manner" We strive as a company to provide the best products to our customers which will give them many years of enjoyment.